The other games today 2019/20

Greg

FWIW I think that goal should stand BUT in those situations the ref needs to look at the screen and decide whether HE would have given the freekick. 

None of this high standard nonsense to overturn by another official

This is the biggest problem with VAR in the Premier League. All foul decisions are subjective and the ref who made the original decision should watch the screen. Right now it respects the original decision too much and seems like the VAR team can't overturn decisions just by talking to the ref.

I thought he went down too easily looking for the foul.

I agree and I think he would have lost the ball anyway.

I don't care, he was hacked down from behind. There's a clear kick.

It’s a contact sport, he went down too easily for me. Mane’s was a clear handball.

It’s a contact sport aye, but if you kick the attacker and miss the ball, it’s a foul.

It’s a contact sport, he went down too easily for me. Mane’s was a clear handball.

FWIW I think that goal should stand BUT in those situations the ref needs to look at the screen and decide whether HE would have given the freekick. 

This is the biggest problem with VAR in the Premier League. All penalty decisions are subjective and the ref who made the original decision should watch the screen. Right now it respects the original decision too much and seems like the VAR team can't overturn decisions just by talking to the ref.

Can't the ref just look at the replay on his phone or something. Doesn't even need to go off to the side  :)

This is the biggest problem with VAR in the Premier League. All penalty decisions are subjective and the ref who made the original decision should watch the screen. Right now it respects the original decision too much and seems like the VAR team can't overturn decisions just by talking to the ref.

Can't the ref just look at the replay on his phone or something. Doesn't even need to go off to the side  :)

I don’t see why it matters that it’s a different official.

I don’t see why it matters that it’s a different official.

For some reason it absolutely does matter.

It’s a contact sport aye, but if you kick the attacker and miss the ball, it’s a foul.

Yup, you can see he had lost the ball already with the heavy touch, and that's why he embellishes the fall.

Could go either way, but can see how they let it stand.

How can the most popular and rich league in the world do VAR worse than anyone else. :lol: This is atrocious.

It's shambles, English referees are not better than everyone else but for some reason they get this special treatment.

Surely we could get some professional expert wizz kids making the VAR decisions rather than asking what sounds like the cleaner from premier league headquarters?

What about ex refs that have had to retire because they're not as fit as they used to be?

Guest neesy111

How can the most popular and rich league in the world do VAR worse than anyone else. :lol: This is atrocious.

It's shambles, English referees are not better than everyone else but for some reason they get this special treatment.

:thup:

Surely we could get some professional expert wizz kids making the VAR decisions rather than asking what sounds like the cleaner from premier league headquarters?

Are we doubting this guy just because of the Sky commentary?

There have been tons of terrible VAR decisions just this week.

Are we doubting this guy just because of the Sky commentary?

There have been tons of terrible VAR decisions just this week.

That wasn’t the question.