Newcastle United 0-1 Crystal Palace - Sat 06/04/19 - Match Thread

Big Geordie

No real issues with the performance today imo, thought Rondon should've scored in the first half and Lejeune from a corner in the second half. They got the lucky break and took advantage, though for the players they have, they should be far better than what they showed today. Thought Yedlin and Shelvey were really poor.

Not out of the woods yet.

I can take losing against Palace at home in a game we were the better team. I can take losing to that penalty against most teams in the league. What pisses me off is that Crystal fucking Palace win another game from a soft-ish penalty, in a game when that's their only shot on target. 10 penalties scored this season by Milivojevic is fucking ridiculous, and it would have been similar numbers last season as well. Absolutely rank losing to a team which main attacking threat is hoping to get a penalty, both because we should be more careful in our box but also because that tactic is about as minging as the Pulis long throw and that refs keep buying it.

Absolute stonewall penalty

I can take losing against Palace at home in a game we were the better team. I can take losing to that penalty against most teams in the league. What pisses me off is that Crystal fucking Palace win another game from a soft-ish penalty, in a game when that's their only shot on target. 10 penalties scored this season by Milivojevic is fucking ridiculous, and it would have been similar numbers last season as well. Absolutely rank losing to a team which main attacking threat is hoping to get a penalty, both because we should be more careful in our box but also because that tactic is about as minging as the Pulis long throw and that refs keep buying it.

I haven't seen a replay of it yet but at the time i thought Zaha turned back into Yedlin and then went down like a sack of shit.

I was annoyed because Zaha had spent the previous 10 minutes berating the ref and 4th official so thought he'd got them looking for the slightest thing and he had also had a row with Schar and Ayoze about something too.

Why are people going on about that "we didn't create enough"? Problem is to convert chances into goals, not getting the chances in the first place.

We created plenty.

But the job of football is putting it into the net, we didnt.

That's his point?  :lol:

Why are people going on about that "we didn't create enough"? Problem is to convert chances into goals, not getting the chances in the first place.

We created plenty.

If we lose and Just plain stink like we did versus west ham and arsenal I won’t lose sleep over it. But the manner in which we lost today is just super annoying.

The chances we had weren't clear cut/easy ones imo. Some of Rondons chances were scrappy ones (bad clearances, poor crosses that caught defenders off balance, etc etc) with lots of bodies in the way and Rondon himself either off balance/stretching/being wrestled or trying to shoot with the ball behind him. Maybe the header from Schar I think it was, from the corner that was headed straight at the Palace keeper, was our best chance. The rest were mainly half chances.

We created plenty.

If we lose and Just plain stink like we did versus west ham and arsenal I won’t lose sleep over it. But the manner in which we lost today is just super annoying.

That's why strikers cost more than any other position, scoring goals is the most important thing in the sport.

Goal scorer and keeper are and always will be the most important players on the pitch.

To sign Dubvravka for peanuts was a great bit of business.

Guest neesy111

The pen wasn't soft, it was blatant.  Classic nobody shite

Looks like we played alright on the highlights. Yedlin v Wiwf was always going to be problematic. He’s got a lot better at his anticipating contact.

Looks like one of our fans tweeted Zaha to call him a 'diving monkey' (and has since been deleted) but was retweeted by Zaha

:anguish:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Looks like one of our fans tweeted Zaha to call him a 'diving monkey' (and has since been deleted) but was retweeted by Zaha

What the fuck is wrong with people. I hope this so called fan gets arrested and banned for life from the club. Disgraceful. It's fucking 2019

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Racist person in being racist shocker.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Are you insinuating we shouldn't care about this?

I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Are you insinuating we shouldn't care about this?

Course not, i just don't think (well i know) that there will always be racist people in the world, we should try and stamp it out as much as possible, but it's never going to go away altogether.

The pen wasn't soft, it was blatant.  Classic nobody shite

Never said it wasn't a penalty, meant that it's a soft as fuck one to give away, and that you'll see plenty of similar situations not being given. Palace however seems to be given every penalty going, hence I'm only annoyed that we lost that way against them.

Edit: Also Neesy, how is that classic me shite? I don't post anywhere near enough for owt to be "classic me shite" :lol:

Don’t give him the credit of calling him one of our fans. Like hooligans before him, he’s using football as an excuse and took to be the cunt that he is.

In all my years of going to our games I’ve never heard any racists remarks inside SJP. I have heard them in pubs/clubs, and of course online. Matchday fans though I have never heard it off.

It appears that many people reported him, hopefully police already have his details and will be paying him a nice little visit in the morning. I hope the club also get involved and ban him for life, even if he’s not a match going fan, he should still be banned for using NUFC in order to put across his horrible thoughts.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Don’t give him the credit of calling him one of our fans. Like hooligans before him, he’s using football as an excuse and took to be the cunt that he is.

In all my years of going to our games I’ve never heard any racists remarks inside SJP. I have heard them in pubs/clubs, and of course online. Matchday fans though I have never heard it off.

It appears that many people reported him, hopefully police already have his details and will be paying him a nice little visit in the morning. I hope the club also get involved and ban him for life, even if he’s not a match going fan, he should still be banned for using NUFC in order to put across his horrible thoughts.

It happens in the ground, you've been lucky not to hear it. Me and my mate got started on for calling out a bloke who was racially abusing players. One of my other mates got jumped outside the ground after doing the same thing

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Course not, i just don't think (well i know) that there will always be racist people in the world, we should try and stamp it out as much as possible, but it's never going to go away altogether.

That's the spirit...I don't even know how to reply to this

I'm not trying to make excuses for racist abuse, but I do wonder if some of these people making racist comments especially online are just doing it for attention. I remember a few weeks ago there was a Birmingham fan online making fun of Grealish about his dead brother, he got called out for, but he just continued to dig in and never said sorry.

I'm not trying to make excuses for racist abuse, but I do wonder if some of these people making racist comments especially online are just doing it for attention. I remember a few weeks ago there was a Birmingham fan online making fun of Grealish about his dead brother, he got called out for, but he just continued to dig in and never said sorry.

You’re definitely right about that Birmingham fan.  The little scrote was clearly loving the attention he was getting.  It’s why i can’t stand most forms of social media, it’s turning the human race into a bunch of desperate attention-seekers.