Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I've been round in circles about the whole thing but you'd have to be unrealistically pessimistic at this stage, like - there's clearly something going on.

Simply incredible if Ashley goes. The biggest thing that could possibly happen. I can barely imagine the club without being profoundly aware of a negative force either lingering in the background or being disastrously present at the heart of things.

I said I was in twice. I finished work today and seen the news and was excitedly sending it around but since then I've had sense and reality drummed into me

I'm up and down like a yoyo  :lol:

You that is

I reckon the media just made the whole thing up as they know we fall for it and it creates mass hysteria

I'm out now like. I would be stunned if Ashley isn't here in August. All just a deflection from Rafas contract and the transfer window. It will drag on until July too then he will say they have wasted his time when there was nothing in it anyhow. Bet ya

Am I being whooshed here? I am aren't I?!

The name is outstanding.  I can see us being called Monochrome United for a while by the mackems though.

I couldn’t give a fuck what they call us now, I’ll not give a fuck about what they call us when we have reason to be hopeful.

I’m fairly convinced that all of the groups previously interested in Newcastle were genuine or genuinely looked into the possibility of a purchase, it’s too far fetched to say these people were somehow engineered by Mike to self sabotage.

On the flip side I strongly suspect that Ashley and his associates have leaked stuff in the past about interest in the club and any potential takeovers for his own benefit, main reason being to avoid having to spend money in the short term and create uncertainty at the club.  Also to plant the seed with supporters that he was a keen seller when in reality he wasn’t.  It doesn’t mean those groups weren’t real but Ashley is an opportunist who will exploit a situation  whenever he can. 

Hopefully this time complete silence from the club means he is a committed seller and this will be different.