Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Why would he sell Sports Direct HQ? Apart from liquidity in the short term, how does that benefit him in the long term? Surely he now has to pay rent for his HQ?

Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank is majority owned by the state, not by Khaled. That is some proper Infowars-grade theorising there.

It's majority owned by Khaled's relatives through the Abu Dhabi Investment Council.

Why would he sell Sports Direct HQ? Apart from liquidity in the short term, how does that benefit him in the long term? Surely he now has to pay rent for his HQ?

The high street acquisition spree has taken quite a toll on the net debt position and it was probably reaching a level that would have his bankers feeling a bit twitchy (especially after Debenhams went south). This helps keep that under control while not massively impacting the overall returns of the group.

A statement is needed ASAP from someone to put this to bed.

I'm pretty sure we already know the outcome.

Aye but there'll always be those with hope. This needs to be dead and buried officially.

Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank is majority owned by the state, not by Khaled. That is some proper Infowars-grade theorising there.

It's majority owned by Khaled's relatives through the Abu Dhabi Investment Council.

So not him then.

Plus, there's no clarification of what the 'link' is between this bank and the Malaysians. This fund is huge- it will be invested in all sorts of projects where financing is provided by banks all over the world.

So not him then.

Plus, there's no clarification of what the 'link' is between this bank and the Malaysians. This fund is huge- it will be invested in all sorts of projects where financing is provided by banks all over the world.

Nobody is saying this is fact, just that it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Info-wars shit is 'assuming' from their vague statement released nearly a month ago that they had signed a legally-binding sales and purchase agreement. Hows that theory going.  :lol:

Guest chopey

The high street acquisition spree has taken quite a toll on the net debt position and it was probably reaching a level that would have his bankers feeling a bit twitchy (especially after Debenhams went south). This helps keep that under control while not massively impacting the overall returns of the group.

When Ashley needs quick cash we will be sold, a few more hits like Debenhams will probably force him to sell in a few years but its what sort of shell will be left that worries me.

Sorry but agreeing a price and making a bid are two different things. If that's where where we are what are bzg playing at.

:lol: after all this and all we know you blame bzg?

Nobody is saying this is fact, just that it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Info-wars shit is 'assuming' from their vague statement released nearly a month ago that they had signed a legally-binding sales and purchase agreement. Hows that theory going.  :lol:

You mean the one a national journo claimed vehemently was a done deal? Yes, I think that holds more water than random joining of dots without anything to back it up.

FWIW, if Khaled is seen as 'the same' as the Abu Dhabi state, then no deal could take place because they already have a club in the league.

Sorry but agreeing a price and making a bid are two different things. If that's where where we are what are bzg playing at.

I said IF. And yes, IF a price has been agreed and no bid has come about in 6 weeks who would you blame?

If you agreed to sell your house but no offer came about after a week or so how would you feel? 6 weeks, would you still think its on?

I said IF. And yes, IF a price has been agreed and no bid has come about in 6 weeks who would you blame?

If you agreed to sell your house but no offer came about after a week or so how would you feel? 6 weeks, would you still think its on?

Agreeing a price and a bit is pretty much the same thing man.

The waters are so muddy no one knows where we are it. Noises from bzg just 4 days ago was they were ‘waiting on the PL’

There needs to be a statement from both sides and soon

You mean the one a national journo claimed vehemently was a done deal? Yes, I think that holds more water than random joining of dots without anything to back it up.

FWIW, if Khaled is seen as 'the same' as the Abu Dhabi state, then no deal could take place because they already have a club in the league.

Has any official body stated whether cousins etc can own 2 different clubs in the PL? I'm honestly unsure, mainly because we are being fed so much shit from the media, from sources within Ashley's camp, but also incredibly by BZG. They're statements have just added to the confusion around what is actually going on.

All we have is joining dots...theres been a distinct lack of factual info around the whole thing.

By the way, did the journo say they had actually signed an SPA? I don't think he did. Also, journalists (especially from the S*n), regularly write absolute bollocks. It was pretty clear they had never got that far. Ashley likes putting big headlines like "Ashley agrees to sell NUFC!!" in papers for some strange reason.

Anyway, I'd be fucking amazed if this BZG group actually buy us, as I've said from the start of this long saga.

Guest The Little Waster

Perhaps hes only using BZG in order to up the price / add ons with the supposed other two contenders vying to buy the club ?

When Ashley needs quick cash we will be sold, a few more hits like Debenhams will probably force him to sell in a few years but its what sort of shell will be left that worries me.

At the minute Ashley is making no cash from SD (Debenhams, HoF etc being part of that rather than owned by him directly) as SD haven't paid a dividend in years. I think if SD continues to underperform due to adventures outside their comfort zone then it's got to be tempting to take it private again and at that point he'll need to have as much cash to hand as possible.