Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

It's got the bishop pr machine all over this one again

I think I hate him more than Ashley. Feel the urge to send him some more abuse now actually

I sent him a WhatsApp message last night.. taunting him over the whole twitter thing. It delivered but he didn’t open the last time I checked.

I still don't believe Ashley has any intention of selling. He's in control of one the biggest, most profitable clubs, in the most lucrative league in the world, where he can trouser ridiculous amounts of money and at the same time can showcase his other businesses to a worldwide audience of Billions. Anyone thinking he's giving that up is totally deluded. It simply works perfectly for him. He basically has to do nothing to make a fortune.

Allegedly the club has now been up for sale for in excess of 10 years. That's right, one of the truly huge clubs of English football has been up for sale for over a Decade and has failed to attract a buyer. I'm sorry like but I'm not having that. I reckon that in all that time well over half of pro clubs in England have had a change of ownership yet one of the most lucrative of them all can't find a buyer? Really?

I'm not doubting there might be genuine interest from this latest group but they'll be finding out, as others have, that Ashley has no genuine intention of parting with the goose that continues to lay golden eggs for him.

Obviously if someone were to hoy silly money at him, say £500m+ that's a different scenario all together, but let's face it, that's not happening.

In classic ITK fashion, person I work with who has a fair few contacts in football still maintains the UAE deal has next to no chance of going through, but apparently there's an American consortium who aren't a million miles away from getting it done.

I think I hate him more than Ashley. Feel the urge to send him some more abuse now actually

I sent him a WhatsApp message last night.. taunting him over the whole twitter thing. It delivered but he didn’t open the last time I checked.

Same. I sent him a barrage of abuse for the first time since September. He read all my messages last year but hasn't seen the ones yesterday

I still don't believe Ashley has any intention of selling. He's in control of one the biggest, most profitable clubs, in the most lucrative league in the world, where he can trouser ridiculous amounts of money and at the same time can showcase his other businesses to a worldwide audience of Billions. Anyone thinking he's giving that up is totally deluded. It simply works perfectly for him. He basically has to do nothing to make a fortune.

Allegedly the club has now been up for sale for in excess of 10 years. That's right, one of the truly huge clubs of English football has been up for sale for over a Decade and has failed to attract a buyer. I'm sorry like but I'm not having that. I reckon that in all that time well over half of pro clubs in England have had a change of ownership yet one of the most lucrative of them all can't find a buyer? Really?

I'm not doubting there might be genuine interest from this latest group but they'll be finding out, as others have, that Ashley has no genuine intention of parting with the goose that continues to lay golden eggs for him.

Obviously if someone were to hoy silly money at him, say £500m+ that's a different scenario all together, but let's face it, that's not happening.

Without Rafa we go down though, make no mistake.

Agree. Then he gambles on coming straight back up. It's not what you want to say as a supporter but 3+ years of Championship football is ultimately what this club needs in its present form. I don't see any other realistic scenario where Ashley leaves.

Guest godzilla

Agree. Then he gambles on coming straight back up. It's not what you want to say as a supporter but 3+ years of Championship football is ultimately what this club needs in its present form. I don't see any other realistic scenario where Ashley leaves.

I think you're wrong on everything' time will tell though and we will know within the next couple of weeks either way

Dumb question, what do you get out of peddling this light of thinking, and trying to put people down like this?

I get wanting to have a debate about how you think it might not happen, in a civil and decent way, but you're going around telling people they're crazy for believing in the takeover, that they're living in cloud Coocoo land. What do you get out of it? As it seems like you're just taking joy in ruining the little hope people have that the club might progress, might have a bit of ambition and if that's the case, it makes you a right tosser tbh.

In classic ITK fashion, person I work with who has a fair few contacts in football still maintains the UAE deal has next to no chance of going through, but apparently there's an American consortium who aren't a million miles away from getting it done.

I for one would welcome our new American overlords.

And then our Chinese overlords.

Australian overlords.

Martians.

What happened to the Mexicans? I just read yesterday about the feds seizing ~1billion USD worth of cocaine at some port. Maybe that money was gonna fund the takeover  :okay:

Because I don't want to see them 2 slimy c***s Ashley and bishop getting people's hopes up just to crush them yet again. I'd rather people just know them for what they are

Like can anybody actually picture waking up one morning and this been done? 306 pages of pure AIDS

Dumb question, what do you get out of peddling this light of thinking, and trying to put people down like this?

I get wanting to have a debate about how you think it might not happen, in a civil and decent way, but you're going around telling people they're crazy for believing in the takeover, that they're living in cloud Coocoo land. What do you get out of it? As it seems like you're just taking joy in ruining the little hope people have that the club might progress, might have a bit of ambition and if that's the case, it makes you a right tosser tbh.

I would imagine that it has some element of any easy way to feel superior.

I think you're wrong on everything' time will tell though and we will know within the next couple of weeks either way

I'm clearly not wrong on everything as some of the things I've said have already happened. If Ashley plays to form I'll be right this time as well. Never hoped to be proven wrong more in my life but after 12 years of Ashley I've got a good idea of how he operates and getting shot of one of his few well performing businesses would surprise me.

Because I don't want to see them 2 slimy c***s Ashley and bishop getting people's hopes up just to crush them yet again. I'd rather people just know them for what they are

Like can anybody actually picture waking up one morning and this been done? 306 pages of pure AIDS

Everybody knows what they are, Cassandra.

As if people don't already know ffs :lol: Why do you repeat the same question all the time??

No doubt Ashley would love to hold on to NUFC for a lot longer but unfortunately for him he has painted himself into a corner whereby he simply has to sell this summer. The reasons for this are two-fold....firstly he is haemorraging cash from his other business interests and secondly he has a manager of NUFC who cannot be replaced without the whole club imploding in a manner not seen before in its entire history.

If Ashley is a smart gambler then he knows all of this and also realises that now is the time to walk away from the table. He has got his money back, made a tidy profit and had 12 years of exposure for his tatty brand. If he stays at the table then his asset will turn to dust over the next 12 months and wont ever recover while he is the owner.

Most of those HIV laden posts are yours mind.

Get it in your head, the takeover’s happening, you thin runt

Most of those HIV laden posts are yours mind.

:lol: