Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest The Little Waster

Two guys LV[/member] and nufcjb[/member] are not in the press right? So this guy Ben who’s gone on our club’s podcast to talk about the potential of these owners he has ties to, and speaks about how great our fan base is and potential - but still he’s just a gobshite? Why? Why the insults?

What does he have to gain by trying to be helpful to us giving us info? Ffs.

I'm not saying he is not saying true things or so he isn't being helpful. But I'm just saying he knows nothing more than what the other journos know. Just because he is based in the ME and claims to have close contacts to the group doesn't mean everything he is saying is accurate. Just look at his tweet a day or so before the 2nd statement by BZG. He was on the same wagon as the other journos. The next day, he's changed his tune.

Again I stress that he might be telling the truth, and praising our fans and what not but he said the deal will be complete in a month or so when actually it might be sooner or even later, who knows. Just saying he's been caught out before so take a pinch of salt with what he says. If he had close contacts with the group, he should have gone straight to them after The Sun breaking the news and get as accurate info as possible instead of getting caught out like the others who have zero knowledge on the deal.

Exactly ... if the bloke is serious whats he doing on a chron podcast anyway ? He talked and talked and said eff all

really , lots of ifs maybes and possibles ... well colour me surprised ; anyone of us couldve gone on that podcast and regurgitated the shite he came out with .

ignore today , nowts happening

Two guys LV[/member] and nufcjb[/member] are not in the press right? So this guy Ben who’s gone on our club’s podcast to talk about the potential of these owners he has ties to, and speaks about how great our fan base is and potential - but still he’s just a gobshite? Why? Why the insults?

Kanj, who is this Ben guy?

He did a piece earlier in the week that was mainly pure conjecture and he’s perpetuating this ‘news on Friday’ thing from this fake lawyer account and people are getting fixated on something happening today.

No I’m not in the press but I’ve been following this all week because I’m sad but also because I’m really excited this might be happening. I don’t think, and it’s just my opinion, that this Ben guy knows anything and if he’s perpetuating the fake lawyer stuff then I’m taking what he says with a truckload of salt. What’s wrong with that? Why do you believe him so much and based on what facts?

I'm not saying he is not saying true things or so he isn't being helpful. But I'm just saying he knows nothing more than what the other journos know. Just because he is based in the ME and claims to have close contacts to the group doesn't mean everything he is saying is accurate. Just look at his tweet a day or so before the 2nd statement by BZG. He was on the same wagon as the other journos. The next day, he's changed his tune.

Again I stress that he might be telling the truth, and praising our fans and what not but he said the deal will be complete in a month or so when actually it might be sooner or even later, who knows. Just saying he's been caught out before so take a pinch of salt with what he says. If he had close contacts with the group, he should have gone straight to them after The Sun breaking the news and get as accurate info as possible instead of getting caught out like the others who have zero knowledge on the deal.

Word

This Ben character legitimised the lawyer who stated that today is the day for NUFC fans.

So one way or another, today should hopefully tell us if this is all bollocks or not.

The whole Friday thing is bollocks like :lol:

I do believe something is going on, but we're not going to hear anything new today.....apart from more bullshit from straw clutching journos.

This Ben character legitimised the lawyer who stated that today is the day for NUFC fans.

So one way or another, today should hopefully tell us if this is all bollocks or not.

The whole Friday thing is bollocks like :lol:

I do believe something is going on, but we're not going to hear anything new out today.....apart from more bullshit from straw clutching journos.

I’ve been sceptical about the whole thing from the start, that lawyer being legitimised has pretty much finished off any belief I had it was going to happen :lol:

Polka, that guy that this oracle Ben is claiming is the lawyer isn’t right mate. Check out the fellas Instagram (djhalamy) and tell me if he looks the sort of guy involved in a £350million deal to buy a Premier League club. If anything he’s a writer/ journalist who happens to have a law degree. He’s also from Kuwait and supports Man U. Looks to be currently in Los Angeles on holiday too :lol:

This is literally the only place where the Friday thing has come from apart from the ‘private jets coming lol’ thing too. Looks like Ben has been reeled in by it too and it’s just become a fact because it’s been repeated so many times. He’s also deleted a tweet from earlier in the week which said something like ‘there are Newcastle fans all over my timeline lol and they don’t realise I’m a Man U fan’. Make of that what you will.

I’m desperate for this takeover to happen but I don’t want people getting their hopes up for today then losing their shit when it doesn’t happen

There we go ffs

Fucking finally

Cheers nut and Shearergol :thup:

That Ben Jacobs has been a little discredited now and looks like the chronicle have deleted the podcast

I'm hoping for (positive) news today, but won't be surprised if there isn't, nor will I lose my shit. Hope that goes for most.

Also, bugger off to anyone who goes the "I told you so" route if there's no news. Nobody likes you.

Polka, that guy that this oracle Ben is claiming is the lawyer isn’t right mate. Check out the fellas Instagram (djhalamy) and tell me if he looks the sort of guy involved in a £350million deal to buy a Premier League club. If anything he’s a writer/ journalist who happens to have a law degree. He’s also from Kuwait and supports Man U. Looks to be currently in Los Angeles on holiday too :lol:

This is literally the only place where the Friday thing has come from apart from the ‘private jets coming lol’ thing too. Looks like Ben has been reeled in by it too and it’s just become a fact because it’s been repeated so many times. He’s also deleted a tweet from earlier in the week which said something like ‘there are Newcastle fans all over my timeline lol and they don’t realise I’m a Man U fan’. Make of that what you will.

I’m desperate for this takeover to happen but I don’t want people getting their hopes up for today then losing their s*** when it doesn’t happen

Sorry mate I meant that post to mean that today would at least put an end to anyone thinking that guy was legit - thereby questioning this Ben character and his apparent sources.

I’ve had that lawyer bloke down as a gobshite ever since he started asking what players we wanted :lol:

I’m desperate for this takeover to happen but I don’t want people getting their hopes up for today then losing their s*** when it doesn’t happen

Sorry mate I meant that post to mean that today would at least put an end to anyone thinking that guy was legit - thereby questioning this Ben character and his apparent sources.

I’ve had that lawyer bloke down as a gobshite ever since he started asking what players we wanted :lol:

Ha ha fair enough mate