Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The Press Association statement is nothing new though is it? I don’t think it changes anything Mark Douglas and some of the nationals have been saying this stuff about no exclusivity and no premier league fit and proper test throughout haven't they? What makes the Press Association thing suddenly more credible?

Doesn't a statement from the Press Association effectively means its literally 'cross press' and therefore more credible/have less or no opinion?

If this is the case, which I'm fairly sure it is, it means that Ashley's side are opting to put out a message directly and across the board rather than leak it to the news outlet of their choice.

It would be a way of getting bi-lateral messages out quickly rather than the drip effect of tipping off SSN or one tabloid.

What do you mean by a bi-lateral message?

I mean the Press Association release it across the board at the same time for the wider press (tv, radio, newspapers etc) to use/report on as they see fit.

As opposed to say getting in a room with his mates as SSN or the Sun to 'release' a message from a 'source'.

Ok cheers

So you think it’s credible?

I just don’t see it as any different to what some of the nationals have reported already and a lot of people didn’t believe those reports.

Had a look. Very much doubt that’s Steve Wraith

What? From a few typed words on a forum? :lol:

Isn’t Wraith notoriously a Tory? He ran to be a Tory candidate iirc and that carters profile pic is Thatcher getting smashed over head.

What makes you think it is him? Not that I really care if it is him or not

Ok cheers

So you think it’s credible?

I just don’t see it as any different to what some of the nationals have reported already and a lot of people didn’t believe those reports.

I might be completely wrong here but I thought the Press Association was always completely legit and a means of getting a message out to a wide audience quickly rather than the trickle effect of one paper to the other kind of thing.

If I'm not mistaken, the P.A operates at a bit of a higher level than the everyday press/media outlets.

It's an official agency rather than a pure media outlet.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=press+association

It's a wire service similar to the Associated Press over here. Exists to cover stories which other outlets can pick up without having to spend money covering things they won't benefit from. It's pretty much the only media source in the UK I've definitely believed in the past, about as reliable as you can get

It's a wire service similar to the Associated Press over here. Exists to cover stories which other outlets can pick up without having to spend money covering things they won't benefit from. It's pretty much the only media source in the UK I've definitely believed in the past, about as reliable as you can get

My interpretation too.

I think it might be used to release major news at one go too. For example, major national/international events or incidents etc.

Always felt if noises came out of Ashley's camp to speed things up then the sale would fall through. I'd hoped he'd keep quiet until it was done. His recent whinging would suggest it isn't going to happen. Whether its another time waster or he's moved the goalposts I don't know, but i'd expect if it were the latter another comms from the buyer would have been out by now stating as much.

My interpretation too.

I think it might be used to release major news at one go too. For example, major national/international events or incidents etc.

Yep, it qualifies under this for me.

Always felt if noises came out of Ashley's camp to speed things up then the sale would fall through. I'd hoped he'd keep quiet until it was done. His recent whinging would suggest it isn't going to happen. Whether its another time waster or he's moved the goalposts I don't know, but i'd expect if it were the latter another comms from the buyer would have been out by now stating as much.

I know where my money is.

I know where my money is.

Me too. Fucking purgatory this.

Had a look. Very much doubt that’s Steve Wraith

What? From a few typed words on a forum? :lol:

Isn’t Wraith notoriously a Tory? He ran to be a Tory candidate iirc and that carters profile pic is Thatcher getting smashed over head.

What makes you think it is him? Not that I really care if it is him or not

I think he claimed it was him a while back.

Guest chopey

Wonder who is gonna try and buy us before the next transfer window?

When this falls through it was 100% show he’ll never sell.

I don't think the Asians or Russians have had a go, does the Arctic have and Billionaires yet ?