Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

My take. 

- Everything has been amicable - ashley not moving goal posts.  They have tried to find compromises in negotiation

- Bids - they have submitted multiple bids to Ashley,

- If there is no deal - none have been 100% agreed by Ashley

I think this goes back to the point that he will only sell if he keeps the benefits of what he gets from owning Newcastle without owning it. 

Buyers are not willing to comprise this much as it would make the deal bad for them.

Posted now from them as anything from our side will not be believed so NUFC have asked them to say something to try to reduce the unrest.  They agree as they want to try to continue to negotiate as one they want a deal, and they also don’t want to lose face.

Obviously pure speculation.

Guest covmag

My take, not that I give a fuck.

We are selling our best players.

We are buying no one.

We have no manager

There is no takeover

We still have the cunt at the helm.

Our fan base are idiots.

What a fucking mess  :lol:

Sounds to me like Bishop has told them to put something out to deflect blame from the club in return for negotiations continuing. It’ll fall through just after the transfer window slams shut.

I think that this might all be being orchestrated by shaping shifting lizard aliens.

My take. 

- Everything has been amicable - ashley not moving goal posts.  They have tried to find compromises in negotiation

- Bids - they have submitted multiple bids to Ashley,

- If there is no deal - none have been 100% agreed by Ashley

I think this goes back to the point that he will only sell if he keeps the benefits of what he gets from owning Newcastle without owning it. 

Buyers are not willing to comprise this much as it would make the deal bad for them.

Posted now from them as anything from our side will not be believed so NUFC have asked them to say something to try to reduce the unrest.  They agree as they want to try to continue to negotiate as one they want a deal, and they also don’t want to lose face.

Obviously pure speculation.

Sorry replying to myself.  If they haven’t managed to iron out these detail in 6 weeks they won’t.  Deal is most likely dead.

To be honest it could read......everything is done, if it somehow doesn’t happen it’s no fault of either party. It’s vague as fuck to the point of being ridiculous

Sounds like everything is agreed in principle and the only stumbling block is the FA & PL approval. Given some of the absolute whoppers that have been granted permission to own Premier League clubs you'd think this would be something of a formality?

Could there be some sort of investigation into the family ties of the BZG group? ie. making sure they're not closely related to other owners of PL clubs?

Sounds like everything is agreed in principle and the only stumbling block is the FA & PL approval. Given some of the absolute whoppers that have been granted permission to own Premier League clubs you'd think this would be something of a formality?

Could there be some sort of investigation into the family ties of the BZG group? ie. making sure they're not closely related to other owners of PL clubs?

This is my thinking

Guest godzilla

My reading on that is it's probably in the hands of the PL to ratify and that's why they're saying it won't be the fault of either party if a deal doesn't go through. See the Chronicle hasn't mentioned one thing about this either today, they really are the pits.

My reading on that is it's probably in the hands of the PL to ratify and that's why they're saying it won't be the fault of either party if a deal doesn't go through. See the Chronicle hasn't mentioned one thing about this either today either, they really are the pits.

Well why not say that. "Everything is agreed between us and Ashley, it's now in the hands of the PL". Not that hard is it ?

Guest chopey

If everything was sorted Ashley would be releasing a statement saying so, he never misses an opportunity to pass the buck and if BZG have just backed him up then he has nothing to lose and everything to gain by saying the deal is done as far as he is concerned.......................personally I'm very suspicious.

Guest godzilla

My reading on that is it's probably in the hands of the PL to ratify and that's why they're saying it won't be the fault of either party if a deal doesn't go through. See the Chronicle hasn't mentioned one thing about this either today either, they really are the pits.

Well why not say that. "Everything is agreed between us and Ashley, it's now in the hands of the PL". Not that hard is it ?

Agree it should have been put across exactly, but on the other hand if it was Ashley why did they not put our bid is in the hands of the owners and we're awaiting a final decision, and also why use amicable and not the fault of both parties.

Right trying to be positive, Sounds like they are waiting on the PL and have been for some time. The only thing that will stop the deal now is the PL. are they likely to scupper it? Have they ever turned down a new owner that we know of? Possibly because of Man City connection?  They aren’t saying it’s dead or will be dead, imo they are releasing this becasuse of the hysteria caused by uk press calling them liars. Problem is it’s so vague

Agree it should have been put across exactly, but on the other hand if it was Ashley why did they not put our bid is in the hands of the owners and we're awaiting a final decision, and also why use amicable and not the fault of both parties.

It may be that the PL demands secrecy, bit like an NDA while going through its process. Still seems pretty strange wording and delivery trhough a third party.

Guest chopey

ED209 is correct, its not an official statement so why even give it a moments thought, we are getting our knickers in a twist because of something Dubai's version of Alan Robson has said.

Imagine Steve and Karen putting a statement on Twitter from a local billionaire looking to buy Dubai United. How the fuck is Otis Redding the main man in statements ffs