Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

If Im reading the statement right then BZG are basically saying that everything is done as they say that they have "completed every aspect required in a takeover process"  and the takeover is no longer in their or Ashleys hands , which can only mean that they are waiting for Premier League approval. They also say that media reports stating that the PL arent invloved are not true . Those media reports were a while ago so Im thinking that its been with the Premier League for a while

The Kenyon letter was "leaked" via a pro-Ashley journalist and read like exposition from a badly written film (telling the other person things they should already know in order to fill the audience in on what was happening). I don't believe this is like that at all, and I don't believe Kenyon was ever really serious about buying NUFC, it felt more like he was just doing Ashley a favour.

Guest chopey

“I know I speak for both of us in that we continue to share a serious determination to finalise the agreement we have to suit both parties as soon as possible in the new year.

“We have both spent many months discussing the parameters of a final deal and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

“And I appreciate the time and effort committed to the detailed discussions by your advisors, lawyers, club, and, of course, yourself.

“I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, and I am delighted that you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit.

“On my side, I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible and, while we are both perhaps frustrated that we have not progressed as quickly as we would have wished.

“I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in this matter and hope we can continue our discussions in the same spirit.”

So the latest Statement is just a shorter version of this.

Guest Howaythetoon

A legitimate request, at this stage right now, how much remains of Ashley’s loan still to be paid back to him he’s owed?

My own amateur investigation into the accounts not including the latest accounts, dating from the first set,  tells me he’s not put any real money in (that can be traced) yet taken real money out, and lots of it. That’s not even including hidden fees, payments to SD, consultants, preferred agents, KB, payoffs, friends and family, legal fees etc. the club’s own expenditure has went on/to.

Can anyone actually point out in any set of accounts all monies he directly transferred out of his own personal account and therefore own personal wealth into NUFC’s accounts and if so, can this information be obtained legally?

I ask because any new owner may want to see this as well, just to cross check things of course. No-one wants poor Mike to end up out of pocket now and do him out of what he’s entitled to...

He hasn't drawn a wage from NUFC in all these years, unlike others...

Guest The Little Waster

Lol i nearly posted that last night ? i mean even for the Chronic ... WTAF ?

Guest Gonzo

Bunch of small time assholes on all sides. If BZG had any mettle they would have called Ashley out on his bullshit weeks ago.

This is now a game to see who can get out of the situation by saving as much face as possible.

“I know I speak for both of us in that we continue to share a serious determination to finalise the agreement we have to suit both parties as soon as possible in the new year.

“We have both spent many months discussing the parameters of a final deal and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

“And I appreciate the time and effort committed to the detailed discussions by your advisors, lawyers, club, and, of course, yourself.

“I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, and I am delighted that you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit.

“On my side, I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible and, while we are both perhaps frustrated that we have not progressed as quickly as we would have wished.

“I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in this matter and hope we can continue our discussions in the same spirit.”

So the latest Statement is just a shorter version of this.

What's that? Staveley statement?

Bunch of small time assholes on all sides. If BZG had any mettle they would have called Ashley out on his bullshit weeks ago.

This is now a game to see who can get out of the situation by saving as much face as possible.

Why would they possibly do this?

Why would they possibly do this?

Because an internet forum demands it!

In reality though, they're far better keeping quiet and plugging away with the deal than publicly calling out the person they're trying to do business with.  Just my thoughts.

Guest reefatoon

I am so confused.

Don't be. Nothing is going to happen apart from Redfearn getting the managers job, so just sit back, relax and watch it all implode.

I am so confused.

Don't be. Nothing is going to happen apart from Redfearn getting the managers job, so just sit back, relax and watch it all implode.

This - takeovers involving NUFC tend to take time - I'm guessing this will be called off September time - not to worry though as Mike will try to sell in Jan, so we might see takeover talk hot up around October/November time, allowing plenty of opportunity to spend in the Jan transfer window

Guest The Little Waster

Mr Redding is full of shit . Claimed his mate Ben Jacobs ( yes the other radio bloke : ) " Knew his onions " when Jacobs was the daft twat who claimed BZGs lawyer was that Djalhamy gimp

Guest The Little Waster

I am so confused.

This - takeovers involving NUFC tend to take time - I'm guessing this will be called off September time - not to worry though as Mike will try to sell in Jan, so we might see takeover talk hot up around October/November time, allowing plenty of opportunity to spend in the Jan transfer window

Which january ? ?

For a multi billion dollar entity BZG are odd. They have a terrible website and put 'official' statements out via a local radio presenter's Twitter account.

Not exactly a confidence inspiring way of operating.

The President of America threatens countries with obliteration over Twitter. It's just the norms of 2019. Wouldn't worry about it. :lol: