Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

ED209 is correct, its not an official statement so why even give it a moments thought, we are getting our knickers in a twist because of something Dubai's version of Alan Robson has said.

Coz the guy is clearly in contact with bzg

Sending this prick abuse in the hope he blocks me. Twat

Cant stand the cunt but it is bizarre how some fucker who does the news on the local radio stations releasing statements ffs

Guest neesy111

ED209 is correct, its not an official statement so why even give it a moments thought, we are getting our knickers in a twist because of something Dubai's version of Alan Robson has said.

Coz the guy is clearly in contact with bzg

BZG a multi billion company releases statements via radio.  Righteo.....

Sending this prick abuse in the hope he blocks me. Twat

Well, he's spot on.

It’s only such a confusing mess because of twats like him. Claims and counter claims. Calling them liars etc

Me being an optimist:

This isn't the official statement talked about last week. That was a statement written assuming official ok from PL arrived, which it didn't.

So, BZG annoyed with PL dragging their heels and because they had said a statement would be released have spoken to the journalist and given an update. They're still waiting for the PL approval to release the official statement.

Ok, more than an optimist. Probably obscenely deluded.

Guest Gonzo

My read on it is that they don’t have all of the money. Are looking for something like long term staggered payments which they can’t agree with Ashley without crippling their potential income in advertising.

It’s a dead duck. They statement is vague enough to let this drag on until the start of the season though.

What a total shit show.

Def sounds like a hold up at the PL to me. Or the PL have already rejected it. Would be very typical of us to have a new owner fail a test that so many shady others have passed.

Guest The Little Waster

Its not an official  statement so disregard as bollocks until an official BZG one is forthcoming

Guest godzilla

My read on it is that they don’t have all of the money. Are looking for something like long term staggered payments which they can’t agree with Ashley without crippling their potential income in advertising.

It’s a dead duck. They statement is vague enough to let this drag on until the start of the season though.

What a total s*** show.

They already said weeks ago they provided proof of funds so it's certainly not that.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

The fact that we haven’t got a new manager yet makes me hopeful that the deal is fairly close and that the new owners want to bring in their own man.

I’m a daft cunt mind.

Guest godzilla

Its not an official  statement so disregard as bollocks until an official BZG one is forthcoming

For one of the first times, I agree with you there needs to be an official statement saying exactly where the deal is and what if any is the hold up.

Guest godzilla

Right trying to be positive, Sounds like they are waiting on the PL and have been for some time. The only thing that will stop the deal now is the PL. are they likely to scupper it? Have they ever turned down a new owner that we know of? Possibly because of Man City connection?  They aren’t saying it’s dead or will be dead, imo they are releasing this becasuse of the hysteria caused by uk press calling them liars. Problem is it’s so vague

Needs to be an official statement as the one from the tweet has actually created more questions than answers to where we were before.

Bullshit rumour that the club doesn't deny sends everyone into a frenzy, journos pretending they know this and that to get clicks, Ashley purposely leaving fans in the dark and not denying takeover news so he can quietly let Rafa's contract run down whilst also spending zilch on players, club will say no proof of funds.... time wasters etc.. once Rafa is gone and it's too late to sign anyone decent.

Sam Allardyce appointed, more fake takeover news in January, rinse and repeat.

££££ for Ashley, gets his new yes man, fans turn up in their droves as usual.

Said this ages ago and was given shit for it, seems nailed on now, just replace Allarydce with Readfearn.

Guest Howaythetoon

I am 100% confident these guys tick every one and then some of all the criteria set out by the PL regarding their so-called fit and proper persons test. And legally, if they were to veto them for whatever reason, they would surely be challenged and a quick resolution in favour of the new owners would soon result from any legal challenge. They want investors like these more than they want your Mike Ashleys.

I’m of the opinion they are past that stage now and again are in final negotiations. This statement if true is basically a public update of where everyone is at without critical details. I think they’ve made an offer which doesn’t automatically mean they’ve made a bid, the two can be very different. Their offer could at this stage be based on certain terms, conditions and clauses of their own or more likely based on Ashley’s which if included or removed will trigger an official proper bid both parties can then hammer out.

I can believe that more than a lot of things being speculated.

My own theory is the hold up relates to Ashley’s loans to the business and the terms of repaying that and I don’t mean interest, length of time to pay it back, but who pays it and how. The club can’t as it doesn’t have the cash to do so, the new owners won’t pay it themselves and don’t want the club to lend money from the bank and they certainly won pay price to buy business plus price to buy business debt.

Ashley gave the dog another bone, how about converting this loan into equity via a controlling stake in the retail side of the business, stadium naming rights, sponsorship etc. for SD. Which he’ll pass to SD in return for shares.

In 5 years time under these guys NUFC will be challenging for the title, challenging for CL qualification and aiming to win some cups under a big name manager with a star studded side. SD couldn’t afford such brand affiliation at that level of exposure in a million years, we are talking hundreds of millions here in sponsorship fees.

Areas key to adding maximum value to new owners and generating big revenue.

The sale of Perez may be his insurance policy, I suspect however, he’d rather sell the club for less, on chucky, to someone else if it meant they were OK with a lifetime partnership with SD.

That would mean zero chance of SD as sponsors of a PL club playing CL footy, but that’s the reality if he doesn’t sell, at least this way he gets his money back, a big profit on top and SD a lifetime of free advertising. No protests, media questioning or having to pretend anymore he cares.

He’ll be the owner when we play Arsenal. No-one will buy into his demands, those that would (Kenyan) don’t have a pot to piss in and as Junior Soprano said about Ritchie, he couldn’t sell it, he’s not respected enough.

This is why the Staveley deal collapsed by the way.

This is his best offer and will be the only offer to get out with a clean break once and for all, otherwise he’s stuck with us and we are stuck with him.

Roll on another more 12 years of this. Well worth 600 quid a season.

Guest The Little Waster

Bullshit rumour that the club doesn't deny sends everyone into a frenzy, journos pretending they know this and that to get clicks, Ashley purposely leaving fans in the dark and not denying takeover news so he can quietly let Rafa's contract run down whilst also spending zilch on players, club will say no proof of funds.... time wasters etc.. once Rafa is gone and it's too late to sign anyone decent.

Sam Allardyce appointed, more fake takeover news in January, rinse and repeat.

££££ for Ashley, gets his new yes man, fans turn up in their droves as usual.

Said this ages ago and was given shit for it, seems nailed on now, just replace Allarydce with Readfearn.

Me too , told i was a conspiracy theorist

If a fit and proper failed can you appeal it and how long would an appeal take ?

I think Southampton's owners failed it at first didn't they?

From reading today's statements and previous its the only thing I can think of for the delay. Both parties thought it was in the bag but they are waiting on an appeal.