Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I can't believe people continue to fall for this shit. Another cryptic, amateurish "statement" from the multi-billion corporation.. Once again not released through official channels. The essence of it is, of course, that great guy Mike Ashley really wants to sell the club and is indeed very helpful with the whole process.. Aye, this takeover is definitely genuine.

I can't believe people continue to fall for this shit. Another cryptic, amateurish "statement" from the multi-billion corporation.. Once again not released through official channels. The essence of it is, of course, that great guy Mike Ashley really wants to sell the club and is indeed very helpful with the whole process.. Aye, this takeover is definitely genuine.

What's your take on it?

I take your point but would the multi-billion corporation not just release a one liner simply saying  "the cryptic amateurish statement is not from us."

Doesn't sound like the PL at all to me. The way I read it is that there's a sticking point in the negotiations, both sides have given ground and are getting closer but they're not quite there yet and maybe can't agree a deal.

Doesn't sound like the PL at all to me. The way I read it is that there's a sticking point in the negotiations, both sides have given ground and are getting closer but they're not quite there yet and maybe can't agree a deal.

Agreed.

Guest godzilla

Think i need to step away from all this soon. It’s just ridiculous. The club is dead

More questions than answers today which is pathetic really. Needed an official statement lying out exactly where everything stands (i.e. is it Ashley the hold up? Premier League?) and all we have is a few words via a radio presenter's tweet, which has just escalated more questions. I have to say not a professional way to go about things at all; and then to leave everything even more up in the air than it ever has been is just s***. If the meaning was to settle nerves and clarify things then they have certainly failed.

Guest chopey

One thing that is for certain, its the 8th of July 2019 and the 2019/2020 Premier League season for Newcastle United is already written off.

This summer has been so cruel on the fans. Still dragging on. For many like me, if the takeover fails it's pretty much game over supporting NUFC, until the day comes when Ashley does leave. It's so painful this waiting game.

After getting hit hard the last time questions were asked of their credibility, in which there came out with a second statement, expect BZG to come out with a clearer and more detailed explanation as to what has happened/is happening soon. Someone is going to get blamed and it doesnt look like they are blaming themselves or Ashley to an extent.

1 thing is for sure and I have said this time and time again. The local journos have got no clue at all as to what is going on. This statement of sorts today have come with a surprise message and none of them had even a sniff of it.