Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

This takeover shyte is ruining my holidays

Thankfully the Rafa leaving news broke on the last night of my holiday, would have been a right bummer if it was the first day.

Until then there was genuine hope of a takeover plus Rafa staying.

Looks like neither now :alone:

Thankfully the Rafa leaving news broke on the last night of my holiday, would have been a right bummer if it was the first day.

Literally broke on my first day on holiday, I was in Atlanta, I'd like to say it didn't ruin my holiday but I spent more time than I should refreshing newsnow and here ffs

A little Ben Jacobs for all

And apparently, some in the ME are taking the statement today rather positively on BZG side and basically saying its up to Ashley or the Premier League now.

"If a deal is not forthcoming..."

... the midnight calls to Midhat will be.

Why not log back in as Odin? - I miss him posting under that user name.

D. Yimentov

Fooling no one frankly

I'd always thought that the most likely obstacle was the issue of the family connections between this group and the Man City ownership. But this statement seems to dismiss that.

I wonder if the issue is the structure of the deal. Ashley likes cash up front, and BZG may have difficulty raising that in one or two chunks. They may have assets of several billion, but that's not the same as cash in the bank.

And yes, I think it's far more likely that this statement is issued with the approval of BZG, rather than invented by someone to fool people.

I wonder if the issue is the structure of the deal. Ashley likes cash up front, and BZG may have difficulty raising that in one or two chunks. They may have assets of several billion, but that's not the same as cash in the bank.

Didn't someone report that Premier rules?  I may have dreamt that but I thought it was along the lines of the proof of funds part.  I'm probably wrong on this.

I'm still of the mind (as I've always been) that if Fatty ever seriously leaves he'll go with a scorched earth policy. If that means losing the best manager we've had in a long time, selling off players and ruining the last transfer window available under him then I guess that could be where we currently find ourselves. Of course, things being as they are could just be yet another chapter in Fatty's god awful running of the club.

I can’t even get smashed on the all inclusive drink either to distract me. The Mrs is pregnant and I don’t think she would appreciate me being pissed as a pirate when she cans drink.

Guest The Little Waster

I'm still of the mind (as I've always been) that if Fatty ever seriously leaves he'll go with a scorched earth policy. If that means losing the best manager we've had in a long time, selling off players and ruining the last transfer window available under him then I guess that could be where we currently find ourselves. Of course, things being as they are could just be yet another chapter in Fatty's god awful running of the club.

Chapter 13 ...

Can actually see him wait for another few weeks until the transfer window is shut and if there are no other bidders, he will sell to BZG. Whether BZG want to wait that long to get a Championship club is another matter. Unleas they have Jose and they think he can get us away from the relegation zone until January.

He really is risking and gambling alot this time around Ashley. Letting Rafa walk, selling Ayoze, has no interest getting a manager let alone new players in.

Can actually see him wait for another few weeks until the transfer window is shut and if there are no other bidders, he will sell to BZG. Whether BZG want to wait that long to get a Championship club is another matter. Unleas they have Jose and they think he can get us away from the relegation zone until January.

He really is risking and gambling alot this time around Ashley. Letting Rafa walk, selling Ayoze, has no interest getting a manager let alone new players in.

If that is what is happening I hope they pull out last minute and it blows up in his face.

Is this now worse than the Stavely and Kenyon "takeovers" combined?

Just more of the same. Ashley wants an out of this world deal, any buying club will obviously consider the club less valuable the closer it gets to the start of the season. BZG have the whip hand the longer it drags on, but as we all know, Ashley absolutely hates getting the wrong end of a deal, so he would probably rather keep the club and risk relegation than do a deal which is giving him less than he wants.

We've had three supposed buyers in the past year or two and none of them have succeeded. He just doesn't want to do a deal. Same happened with the Arabs back in the days of Dennis Wise and Llambias.