Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Using Rafa’s 5-2-3-1, P5 W2 D2 L1 F4 A4 (the loss and 3 of the goals against being Liverpool away)

Using Bruce’s 5-3-2 or 4-3-3, P3 W0 D0 L3 F1 A9

He literally didn’t have to change a thing. I’m not expecting him to be as meticulous as Rafa but had he just stuck to his framework he’d have probably been ticking over. Arsenal & Leicester May have still beaten us but Norwich may have been worth an extra 1-3 points.

Off the ball it was a lot like Rafa's system, like, you could tell by the way the CMs pressed. On the ball we still looked pretty lost and basically just relying on the more technically capable players to just sorta 'do something'.

Guest covmag

Off the ball it was a lot like Rafa's system, like, you could tell by the way the CMs pressed. On the ball we still looked pretty lost and basically just relying on the more technically capable players to just sorta 'do something'.

That was exactly the same under Rafa mind.

Pie face will be gutted tonight

It definitely wasn't, like. It was pretty counter-attack oriented when we had Gayle and Kenedy as the most potent attackers but last season, with Rondon-Perez-Almiron, it was a pretty dynamic set-up that wasn't solely reliant on pace and skill.

Guest neesy111

It definitely wasn't, like. It was pretty counter-attack oriented when we had Gayle and Kenedy as the most potent attackers but last season, with Rondon-Perez-Almiron, it was a pretty dynamic set-up that wasn't solely reliant on pace and skill.

Exactly, we looked really good in attack at the end of last season.

First time they’ve played as a front three tbf discounting Spurs when he lasted 10 minutes. I think given time they’ll gel as long as he doesn’t fuck about too much with it.

Guest neesy111

First time they’ve played as a front three tbf discounting Spurs when he lasted 10 minutes. I think given time they’ll gel as long as he doesn’t f*** about too much with it.

ASM should be on the right,. almiron on the left.

First time they’ve played as a front three tbf discounting Spurs when he lasted 10 minutes. I think given time they’ll gel as long as he doesn’t f*** about too much with it.

ASM should be on the right,. almiron on the left.

It's early days but I don't really see how those two and Joelinton work as a trio in any way, shape or form; none of them seem remotely suited to each other. It's difficult to tell what sort of striker Joelinton is at this point, but he doesn't seem like your orthodox target man; Almiron meanwhile needs to be able to come more central more often (where his pace and movement can cause the most havoc); whilst ASM looks, to me, like a left-sided winger in a 4-3-3.

One thing I’ll give him credit for was dropping Dummett for Clark. Amazing how much more comfortable we looked when we didn’t have someone in the back three shitting themselves with the ball at his feet. Hope he keeps Clark in now until Lejeune comes back.

Clark never lets us down when he plays. Comes in and does a job.

He’s a similar level defender to Dummett and better on the ball. I think he’s average but I’ve never hidden that I think Dummett is poor.

Clark never lets us down when he plays. Comes in and does a job.

He’s a similar level defender to Dummett and better on the ball. I think he’s average but I’ve never hidden that I think Dummett is poor.

They are about the same but Clark scores the odd goal so would play him ahead of dummet based on just that. 3-5 extra goals a season may make slight difference.  I think Clark is a bit more measured as well.