Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Think Llambias is more to blame for that time than Pardew, he was responsible for only bringing in Anita that summer thus not capitalising on Pardew lucking out to 5th place. Invest from that position of strength, and we'd have generated revenue and elevated the club stature to back where it was at least post Robson. Pardew would have surely wanted reinforcements, but whatever objections he would have raised fell to death ears; although he wasn't in a position to be demanding anyway.

Llambias had his whole 'purple' debacle, which inevitably saw Demba Ba leave on a pittance instead of getting his deal sorted before it came to a head. He had brought Cisse in, so saw Ba as expendable. He also ripped apart that dressing room that got us promoted, of which we've never really recovered; he was quick to shift Carroll out instead of giving him a deal he would have signed. Not to mention failing to sign any of the numerous talents Carr spotted and put on a plate for him - Remy, PEA, Varane off top of my head.

Can blame Pards for many and much, but Llambias in my eyes is the real devil that's paved our current misery. He's the c*** that's responsible for the model of sporting direction we've had for the past 10 years, which defacto sees the dross we watch on match day.

You're being too kind to Pardew there. He set the tone for lowering the standards across the club as a whole.

He had fans believing finishing just about outside the relegation zone every season was acceptable. He'd try to flog players in press conferences and shamelessly promote Ashley's way of doing things.

He got by on one good season. He nearly got an unbelievably good side relegated the next and went on one of our longest losing streaks the next.

He was a cunt to boot too, all while the media would tell us how lucky we were to have him. Some things never change ey.

You're being too kind to Pardew there. He set the tone for lowering the standards across the club as a whole.

He had fans believing finishing just about outside the relegation zone every season was acceptable. He'd try to flog players in press conferences and shamelessly promote Ashley's way of doing things.

He got by on one good season. He nearly got an unbelievably good side relegated the next and went on one of our longest losing streaks the next.

He was a c*** to boot too, all while the media would tell us how lucky we were to have him. Some things never change ey.

Oh aye, not blind to Pardew's part in this fine mess. But Pardew was Ashley's prime choice and by extension Llambias' man. Like Bruce, he was forced to sign a deal with the devil. Bruce thrown a bone from bombing out at Villa, never to get a sniff at PL again; Pardew from League 1.

Pardew was all Llmbias' doing. Bonus sheet fiasco resulted in Hughton's premature sacking. Carroll was seen as a marked man for his part in it, so there was a refusal to give Carroll a better deal, rather send him packing to Liverpool on Mike's chopper at first sniff of the money. Nolan and Barton paid to leave on free despite being important first teamers, Barton coming off the back of his best season.

Everything we're seeing now can likely be traced back to a blueprint and president set by Llambias.

We only ever were in the need for Pardew due to Llambias' running of the club and decisions that impacted management/players and Hughton's sacking, and thus with no Pardew we'd never have had Bruce.

Bruce is worse than Pardew for me as a manager. I'm not even talking about what goes on the pitch and results yet but Bruce, with his press conferences ever since he stepped foot in the club, has just been embarrassing. And we're not the only ones who have gone through his atrocious way of managing the club. Villa fans, Hull fans, even the mackems lot down the road will agree with us how bad Bruce is.

0_GettyImages-1230407119.jpg

pardew2.0.gif

It was my understanding that the mackems quite liked Bruce. He delivered a mid-table finish (a major achievement for them) and helped to assemble their greatest squad in living memory. There's no denying that Bruce-era Sunderland had some admirably average footballers: Andy Reid, Jordan Henderson, Keiran Richardson, Simon Mingealot, Steed Malbranque, Darren Bent, Zenden and Sessegnon. That side was far superior to Peytar Reyd's gallacticos. FTM

Realise I'm just repeating myself but feel so strongly about people needing to remember just how f***ing evil and damaging Pardew was. :lol: There honestly wouldn't even be a Bruce if it weren't for Pardew.

Bruce is absolutely horrendous - seriously seriously awful and I loathe the fact he represents the thing I love more than just about anything - but Pards, man, Pards...

I usually like your posts but sorry that is rubbish for me like. Pardew was levels above this fat mess we have now and also Pardew never claimed to be “one of us” either.

There was a lot of good football and we used to score a fair few goals too. 5th place and a 10th place. European quarter final and also we were in the top half when he left us mid season too.

Also he generally talked the club up rather than put it down all the time I remember him coming out and rightly saying we are a bigger club than Everton for example.

Realise I'm just repeating myself but feel so strongly about people needing to remember just how f***ing evil and damaging Pardew was. :lol: There honestly wouldn't even be a Bruce if it weren't for Pardew.

Bruce is absolutely horrendous - seriously seriously awful and I loathe the fact he represents the thing I love more than just about anything - but Pards, man, Pards...

I usually like your posts but sorry that is rubbish for me like. Pardew was levels above this fat mess we have now and also Pardew never claimed to be “one of us” either.

There was a lot of good football and we used to score a fair few goals too. 5th place and a 10th place. European quarter final and also we were in the top half when he left us mid season too.

Also he generally talked the club up rather than put it down all the time I remember him coming out and rightly saying we are a bigger club than Everton for example.

Absolute and unmitigated horseshite.

Nah there was, especially during that 5th placed finish season and we had that spell when Cisse, Ba, and Ben Arfa were virtually unplayable with Cabaye pulling the strings behind them and Coloccini different class at the back. That season alone games at home to Blackburn, Stoke home and away (they were a tough team to beat back then), Man Utd home and away, West Brom away, Liverpool home, Chelsea away were all excellent performances and showed we could go up against the bigger clubs and give them a game. I really enjoyed a lot of the football we played that season.

Honestly dunno if I have the energy for this argument. :lol: I feel like I had it every day for about two years and I'm very pleased that it's in the distant past. What the hell...

The 5th season was fun but, with hindsight, had fuck all to do with Pardew and everything to do with the talent on the pitch - and any joy there became irrelevant very fucking quickly, as Pardew went on to completely destroy the prospect of us ever competing. He convinced Ashley that the top half was a very dangerous place to be, on account of the 'threat' of a Europa League campaign and the associated unavoidable relegation battle. When in reality, of course, it was just his own incompetence that made that 2012/13 season so dismal. But as far as Ashley was concerned, that was it. No more Cisses in January, no more trying to get among the big boys. We'll take lower mid-table, thanks, because that's the least dangerous way to manage my investment.

I find your comment about Pardew supposedly talking us up absolutely staggering tbh. There is an anthology of bullshit quotes out there (I know because I helped compile them back in the day!) in which he talked us down and made us out to be some poxy little club who had no right competing with the likes of Southampton and Swansea.

Other than Ashley himself, no one is more responsible for our malaise than Alan Pardew. His legacy is so strong that even a Champions League winner like Benitez could convince Ashley that it was worth trying to be decent. He set the tone and he very happily carried Ashley's torch every step of the way, all the while casting sly digs at the supporters.

Nah there was, especially during that 5th placed finish season and we had that spell when Cisse, Ba, and Ben Arfa were virtually unplayable with Cabaye pulling the strings behind them and Coloccini different class at the back. That season alone games at home to Blackburn, Stoke home and away (they were a tough team to beat back then), Man Utd home and away, West Brom away, Liverpool home, Chelsea away were all excellent performances and showed we could go up against the bigger clubs and give them a game. I really enjoyed a lot of the football we played that season.

It seems you don’t understand “A lot”. We all enjoyed the 5th over perform btw.

Mike’s mate, who is fiercely pro making cancer patients suffer more than is necessary, managed 185 games btw.

It seems you don’t understand “A lot”. We all enjoyed the 5th over perform btw.

Mike’s mate, who is fiercely pro making cancer patients suffer more than is necessary, managed 185 games btw.

:lol:

Disagree with that. There's basically nothing in it. Maybe fans are generally far more checked out and apathetic now than they were back during Pardew. But there approach to tactics are identical. Not least there use of media to control the narrative.

But I don't know how many ridiculous interviews Bruce needs to do where he openly criticises the the fans for the penny to drop with some that he's just as much of a cunt.