Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Rafa finished 13th last year and most people on there say he did a great job. Bruce even lost two thirds of our attack.

He'll never get the credit he deserves on here, and that's that. It won't keep me up at night :lol:

Bruce not being a puppet replaced that attack with a £40M striker, and unlike Rafa plays nothing but attacking football. Surely the results should be better then?

Buying someone for 40m doesn't always equal success, no matter who the manager is. Look at Klopp and Guardiola. They've spent hundreds of billions on flops over the last few years, especially Guardiola.

Reckon Bruce would have done even better with Rondon/Perez up front.

Should’ve been in charge of expanding the metro instead

There's more to football than just points :lol:

Why don't you look at how we got those points?  Do you think it was sustainable?

I've always said Bruce can't take us forward. Always said next season, to progress the club, we need a better manager in.

Always been my viewpoint.

But just judging this season. Judging the 29 games league games, and the cup games. We've done okay, Bruce has done okay.

That is fact.

I just can't see what he's done to deserve credit. Ensured that a well-drilled mid-table side hasn't gone to complete rack and ruin? Bully for Steve, then. Credit where it's due if that's all it takes. From what I've seen, the points we've won (and certainly the reason why we progressed into the Fifth Round of the cup) has been a result of a defensive cohesion which has carried over from the previous regime and Allan Saint-Maximin. He's very much waved his right to a defence when it comes to the attacking squad because, like that dickhead Pardew before him, he gladly welcomed utter shite like Joelinton and Carroll through the doors with a beaming smile, despite having absolutely no talent/support to make those options work or keep them fit.

There's more to football than just points :lol:

Why don't you look at how we got those points?  Do you think it was sustainable?

I've always said Bruce can't take us forward. Always said next season, to progress the club, we need a better manager in.

Always been my viewpoint.

But just judging this season. Judging the 29 games league games, and the cup games. We've done okay, Bruce has done okay.

That is fact.

This 'that is a fact' and 'you're wrong and I'm right' shtick is making you look daft. There's no need, you can argue your case well enough.

I just can't see what he's done to deserve credit. Ensured a well-drilled mid-table side hasn't gone to complete rack and ruin? Bully for Steve, then. Credit where it's due if that's all it takes. From what I've seen, the points we've won (and certainly the reason why we progressed into the Fifth Round of the cup) has been a result of a defensive cohesion which has carried over from the previous regime and Allan Saint-Maximin. He's very much waved his right to a defence when it comes to the attacking squad because, like that dickhead Pardew before him, he gladly welcomed utter shite like Joelinton and Carroll through the doors with a beaming smile, despite having absolutely no talent/support to make those options work or keep them fit.

Does saying he's done okay mean he deserves credit? I'm not praising him. Simply saying he's done okay.  :lol:

I just can't see what he's done to deserve credit. Ensured a well-drilled mid-table side hasn't gone to complete rack and ruin? Bully for Steve, then. Credit where it's due if that's all it takes. From what I've seen, the points we've won (and certainly the reason why we progressed into the Fifth Round of the cup) has been a result of a defensive cohesion which has carried over from the previous regime and Allan Saint-Maximin. He's very much waved his right to a defence when it comes to the attacking squad because, like that dickhead Pardew before him, he gladly welcomed utter shite like Joelinton and Carroll through the doors with a beaming smile, despite having absolutely no talent/support to make those options work or keep them fit.

Does saying he's done okay mean he deserves credit? I'm not praising him. Simply saying he's done okay.  :lol:

I was responding to Haydn.

He's come in after Rafa had them drilled like a bunch of squadies and allowed them to relax which has brought some relief into the team, it's certainly given the team a good spirit in the short term but without the tactics, the formations, the direction all its doing is undoing 3 years hard work. Bruce hasn't affected anything on the field of play, he hasn't done anything to accredit those points to him, he's steadied a ship by being the players "mate" hardly an acclamation to premier league management skill.

Rafa finished 13th last year and most people on there say he did a great job. Bruce even lost two thirds of our attack.

He'll never get the credit he deserves on here, and that's that. It won't keep me up at night :lol:

Playing the worst football in years, and having attacking statistics that make Derby's 11points team look positively brilliant should be enough to convince anyone it's been a bad job.

Football isn't based on statistics mind, it's based on results. The results were okay overall.

For looking forward indeed they are not. For looking back they are indicative of a teams actual performance and normally suggest of what the results should have been.

Going by ours Bruce is either a total genius, or just lucky.

Nobody is saying Bruce can take us forward. He'll been gone for next season, and that is correct decision with the takeover.

The fact that poster after poster, can't admit, he's done on okay job this season is pretty embarrassing really. I've said before good team spirit is vital. We've had good team spirit this season. We've picked up results just when we needed them

That is very important but nobody is discussing that. It's just "I hate Bruce, fat cunt, blah blah blah".

Here's just one perfectly decent response to why one person won't say he's doing ok. I am not sure why you are ignoring these posts.

The difficulty in understanding is apportioning credit to Bruce, what has he actually done? We've been horrific almost every game, no cohesion, no tactics, backs against the wall. Points/results look decent on paper, no one is discounting that, the means in which they were attained are unsustainable and either lucky or down to the individual brilliance of some of our players at any given time. We are where we are by chance rather than design. The design is the managers job and to that he has failed.

I find it incredible, that me saying Bruce has done an okay job, has so many posters frothing at mouth.

"He's done shit" "Massively underperformed" "He's a failure"

I ask how points to several posters does he need, not to be shit or a failure or to have massively underperformed? Nobody has answered. Nobody has given me a figure. It tells me everything me everything I need to know. If you can't answer a simple question, then you can't back up your argument.

Bruce ‘delivered’ nowt. The decent defence put together by Rafa did that.

What's the point, that's Bruce done okay then in your opinion? 45 points after 29 games? 50 points? 60 points?

Rafa sorted out the defence for sure, but things can go wrong. Team spirit can go shit. Bruce tried something different early on, realised it was the wrong decision and went back to what Rafa had drilled into the team. That was the right decision no?

Bruce has done fuck all attacking wise, there's no attacking plan. But team spirit is very important. We've never looked like a team, that will go on a 5-6 game losing streak. We are boring as fuck to watch at home, but joint best defence with 12 goals conceded, 3 defeats, and 1.5 points per game is a solid enough base.

I don't hate him. He's not good enough to progress us, he will be gone for next season, and we'll get a new better manager in. That's the correct decision.

Ideally Bruce will go on to get another PL job where he can fuck up big time like he has all his career, and that will be the end of the Bruce sympathy bandwagon. At least he won't have time to wreak the damage here.

How many points did he need to get, for you to say he did an "okay job"?

I'd give the credit to the Rafa coaching the previous 3 years. I don't think he did an okay job, he was just there.

So we put a guy in off the street, we're on 35 points atm? Team spirit still the same?

People won't just look at a number. They'll take everything into account. Style of play, performance, tactics, team selection, post match analysis and of course, compliance with an already toxic club management.

I'd say that in Bruce's case the points on the board are in spite of a shambolic performance in every aspect of his job.

How many points did we need on the board, for you to say he's done an okay job? It's not a difficult question to answer.

There is no number. I'll be big enough to say that i'll never accept what he does because I think that everything we get is in spite of him and not because of him.

If you are prepared to give him credit for the number of points on the board then that's fair enough. Personally, I'm not.

There's no number  :lol: :lol:

We win the league. "Fuck that fat cunt, he deserves no credit for winning the league. He's fucking shite."

What the fuck are you about?

Win the league :lol:

You've literally said no matter, no matter how points Bruce got, you'd never say he's done an OKAY job.

It's an insane comment. Think about it logically FFS.

Such an asinine and disingenuous question, if he had more points then we would be playing better football and he would get the credit he would deserve. As it stands the points on the table are contrary to the displays on the pitch, ergo he deserves no credit.

To the fact he's more than likely kept us up, he's played his part in facilitating the takeover by doing the minimum expected of him, does that deserve credit? Not really, in any normal club, with the financial outlay supposedly afforded to him, he's massively underperformed and he would be gone. Hell, in any normal club, he wouldn't have got the position to start with.

I don't hate Bruce, I hate the idiots that gave him the job, but he hasn't affected anything that would deserve him credit.

Massively underperformed? 13th in the league. 35 points. That's massively underperformed?  :lol: :lol:

Honestly man this fucking board. All I've said is he's done an okay job this season. Not a good job. Not a great job. AN OKAY JOB.

Oh well if you are up for a sensible debate, here's my twopenneth.  I actually think Bruce has been disastrous.  You are being misled by the total points malarkey.  His tactical ability is zero, in his own words "I don't do tactics".  I don't wish to cover old ground as it's been covered numerous times on here but I can honestly say in my opinion his football team have been extremely lucky.  I have seen possibly three ok performances, however the West Ham away game was just mental.  So no, he has not done an ok job.  Pretty shit actually.

Disastrous is when McLaren got sacked. 24 points from 29 games. That is disastrous. We are 11 points better off than that.

We're 14 points ahead of Norwich. We're comfortably ahead of the relegation zone. We've had 9 clean sheets this season. We've beaten Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, drew with City. The definition of disastrous is: "highly unsuccessful".

35 points, and quarter finals of the FA Cup is not HIGHLY UNSUCCESSFUL. Not difficult to understand.

The difficulty in understanding is apportioning credit to Bruce, what has he actually done? We've been horrific almost every game, no cohesion, no tactics, backs against the wall. Points/results look decent on paper, no one is discounting that, the means in which they were attained are unsustainable and either lucky or down to the individual brilliance of some of our players at any given time. We are where we are by chance rather than design. The design is the managers job and to that he has failed.

How many points, did he need to get, for you to think he's not "failed"?

Again, if we had more points we would have to be playing some decent football, it's all relative. If we had less points but we were playing good football he would get credit, it's not about the points, it's the whole package.

Just like Robster, and Tron, you won't give me a points figure because with all due respect, you're talking shit.

I already gave you my reasoning for that, but you don't want to hear reason, you just want to stick to your points total. You don't want to hear it, fine, but then I don't need to answer loaded questions.

On a purely superficial level, Bruce has done ok.  I don't hate the bloke, but it's clear to anyone with a working brain cell and a pair of fully functioning eyes that we have regressed, based on any statistical measure and from simply watching us play.

He should be thanked for his service and sacked.  He's achieved his boyhood dream, he didn't disgrace himself and he can either go and enjoy his pay off or go and manage a Championship team again.

Let's say I went outside with a machine gun and shot at a crowd of children. Somehow, miraculously, I miss every single one of them by inches. No children are hurt. Would you say I've done an acceptable job of not killing children? Do I deserve credit for not slaughtering the children?

Miracle after miracle has occurred in loads of our games this season. Quite how that brings you to the conclusion of the man running things is doing a good job I don't know.

Let's say those miracles didn't happen and we were in the relegation zone. Would Bruce have done an acceptable job then? Deserve some credit? Bear in mind the job he has done would be no different to the one he has done now.

What's the point, that's Bruce done okay then in your opinion? 45 points after 29 games? 50 points? 60 points?

Rafa sorted out the defence for sure, but things can go wrong. Team spirit can go shit. Bruce tried something different early on, realised it was the wrong decision and went back to what Rafa had drilled into the team. That was the right decision no?

Bruce has done fuck all attacking wise, there's no attacking plan. But team spirit is very important. We've never looked like a team, that will go on a 5-6 game losing streak. We are boring as fuck to watch at home, but joint best defence with 12 goals conceded, 3 defeats, and 1.5 points per game is a solid enough base.

I don't hate him. He's not good enough to progress us, he will be gone for next season, and we'll get a new better manager in. That's the correct decision.

Ideally Bruce will go on to get another PL job where he can fuck up big time like he has all his career, and that will be the end of the Bruce sympathy bandwagon. At least he won't have time to wreak the damage here.

I'd give the credit to the Rafa coaching the previous 3 years. I don't think he did an okay job, he was just there.

So we put a guy in off the street, we're on 35 points atm? Team spirit still the same?

People won't just look at a number. They'll take everything into account. Style of play, performance, tactics, team selection, post match analysis and of course, compliance with an already toxic club management.

I'd say that in Bruce's case the points on the board are in spite of a shambolic performance in every aspect of his job.

How many points did we need on the board, for you to say he's done an okay job? It's not a difficult question to answer.

There is no number. I'll be big enough to say that i'll never accept what he does because I think that everything we get is in spite of him and not because of him.

If you are prepared to give him credit for the number of points on the board then that's fair enough. Personally, I'm not.

We win the league. "Fuck that fat cunt, he deserves no credit for winning the league. He's fucking shite."

You've literally said no matter, no matter how points Bruce got, you'd never say he's done an OKAY job.

Such an asinine and disingenuous question, if he had more points then we would be playing better football and he would get the credit he would deserve. As it stands the points on the table are contrary to the displays on the pitch, ergo he deserves no credit.

To the fact he's more than likely kept us up, he's played his part in facilitating the takeover by doing the minimum expected of him, does that deserve credit? Not really, in any normal club, with the financial outlay supposedly afforded to him, he's massively underperformed and he would be gone. Hell, in any normal club, he wouldn't have got the position to start with.

I don't hate Bruce, I hate the idiots that gave him the job, but he hasn't affected anything that would deserve him credit.

Massively underperformed? 13th in the league. 35 points. That's massively underperformed?  :lol: :lol:

Honestly man this fucking board. All I've said is he's done an okay job this season. Not a good job. Not a great job. AN OKAY JOB.

Oh well if you are up for a sensible debate, here's my twopenneth.  I actually think Bruce has been disastrous.  You are being misled by the total points malarkey.  His tactical ability is zero, in his own words "I don't do tactics".  I don't wish to cover old ground as it's been covered numerous times on here but I can honestly say in my opinion his football team have been extremely lucky.  I have seen possibly three ok performances, however the West Ham away game was just mental.  So no, he has not done an ok job.  Pretty shit actually.

Disastrous is when McLaren got sacked. 24 points from 29 games. That is disastrous. We are 11 points better off than that.

We're 14 points ahead of Norwich. We're comfortably ahead of the relegation zone. We've had 9 clean sheets this season. We've beaten Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, drew with City. The definition of disastrous is: "highly unsuccessful".

35 points, and quarter finals of the FA Cup is not HIGHLY UNSUCCESSFUL. Not difficult to understand.

Again, if we had more points we would have to be playing some decent football, it's all relative. If we had less points but we were playing good football he would get credit, it's not about the points, it's the whole package.

Just like Robster, and Tron, you won't give me a points figure because with all due respect, you're talking shit.

I already gave you my reasoning for that, but you don't want to hear reason, you just want to stick to your points total. You don't want to hear it, fine, but then I don't need to answer loaded questions.

It's a nothing answer and you know it. It's shows your clear bias.

No it doesn't. I already told you I think quite a few managers from the lower divisions could have followed Rafa into this job and done as well or better.

Do you agree? Yes or no. It's a simple question samp.  ;)

No it doesn't. I already told you I think quite a few managers from the lower divisions could have followed Rafa into this job and done as well or better.

Yeah I think different managers from lower divisions could've done as well or better. But that doesn't change the fact that Bruce has done an okay job.

See it's not hard to answer a simple question Tron  :)

Let's say I went outside with a machine gun and shot at a crowd of children. Somehow, miraculously, I miss every single one of them by inches. No children are hurt. Would you say I've done an acceptable job of not killing children? Do I deserve credit for not slaughtering the children?

Miracle after miracle has occurred in loads of our games this season. Quite how that brings you to the conclusion of the man running things is doing a good job I don't know.

Let's say those miracles didn't happen and we were in the relegation zone. Would Bruce have done an acceptable job then? Deserve some credit? Bear in mind the job he has done would be no different to the one he has done now.

There's been some terrible "debating" against me this afternoon, but this takes the biscuit.

Absolutely nonsensical and ludicrous analogy.  :lol: :lol:

I find it incredible, that me saying Bruce has done an okay job, has so many posters frothing at mouth.

I ask how points to several posters does he need, not to be shit or a failure or to have massively underperformed? Nobody has answered. Nobody has given me a figure. It tells me everything me everything I need to know. If you can't answer a simple question, then you can't back up your argument.

I answered this question. You didn't like the answer though despite the fact that I added more than the pure fact that just hate him.

Did you think that Pardew 'did OK' to get us to 5th or do you put that down to things just going our way that season ?

Yeah I think different managers from lower divisions could've done as well or better. But that doesn't change the fact that Bruce has done an okay job.

I am not sure why you won't accept that while you think our current position is down to Bruce, many people don't.

I answered this question. You didn't like the answer though despite the fact that I added more than the pure fact that just hate him.

Did you think that Pardew 'did OK' to get us to 5th or do you put that down to things just going our way that season ?

I think Pardew did fairly well that season. But he's a shit manager and it wasn't sustainable.

You can think a manager has done okay or fairly well for a season, but also think they aren't a good manager.

There's been some terrible "debating" against me this afternoon, but this takes the biscuit.

Absolutely nonsensical and ludicrous analogy.  :lol: :lol:

It was intentionally ludicrous. The luck Bruce has had this season is ludicrous.

I think Pardew did fairly well that season. But he's a shit manager and it wasn't sustainable.

You can think a manager has done okay or fairly well for a season, but also think they aren't a good manager.

You can also think they've done a bad job and got lucky.

I am not sure why you won't accept that while you think our current position is down to Bruce, many people don't.

In several posts, I've said Rafa's drilling of the squad, and defensive process has been key. My main point is that Bruce has kept up the team spirit.

There's been no big fallouts, no big issues with the squad, no ego problems. That's what's he's done well.

Tactically we're shite going forward, but on the whole we aren't easy to beat at home, and the players haven't downed tools. Which leads me to my point that overall he's done okay.

I absolutely agree that you can think that.

It just happens that in this case, I don't think that applies to Steve Bruce. That's my opinion though and we just disagree.

You can also think they've done a bad job and got lucky.

You can't do a bad job and get into the Europa League over the course of 38 games.