Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Honestly thought going from Robson to souness was the worst appointment ever. 

This has blown it, going Rafa to this cabbage.

It doesn't feel as a bad this time though because we're actively trying to be shite. Shepherd thought Souness would deliver the league.

It doesn't feel as a bad this time though because we're actively trying to be shite. Shepherd thought Souness would deliver the league.

Got to agree there. Especially since Shepherd tried to sign Bruce as manager as well and actually got turned down. Fuck me.

Got to agree there. Especially since Shepherd tried to sign Bruce as manager as well and actually got turned down. Fuck me.

Yeah. It's difficult to compare footballing decisions from the Ashley era with the Shepherd era because Rafa to Bruce - for instance - isn't a footballing decision. It's located within the football arm of the business but it's ultimately grounded in finance. A strategic decision made to secure a particular revenue stream (PL prize money) without having to manage distractions likefan expectation or, worse, costly European excursions. Amusingly it looks like a really poor call.

He really needs to stop getting so defensive over the tactical dunce stigma. It obviously stings, and you feel that is because he knows it's true.

Also his defence of being a manager for 20 years being proof he knows his stuff is not going to wash. Being a dinosaur isn't really a defence. The game's moved on, and his reputation has gone downhill as better coaching methods have come into the game.

Guest reefatoon

Pardew was the better manager you are right. It’s terrifying how lost and clueless Bruce looks. Seems even more out of his depth than Mclaren and Carver were and that’s saying something. A massive cunt to boot puts him up there for me, just behind Allardayce as my most hated Newcastle Manager. Can’t wait to hear who is to blame for this coming humping.

I have always rated Bruce as a grade 1 tosser and over the years when he has been linked to the club I have dreaded him coming here.  Worst fears now fulfilled, the only consolation is it might just hurt Ashley

I’m not having this Pardew revisionism :lol:

Pardew was just as clueless as Bruce, the smarmy wife-toucher. They are both a pair of absolute doyles who should never have been anywhere near this club.