Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

He also put in at least 3 threatening crosses.

I'd get it if you just thought he was decent. To go on like that was a bad performance is nuts 

3 threatening crosses. WTF. He's a winger mate. How do you define a threatening cross? How many hit their target?

Maxi is our best player for dragging multiple opposition players towards the ball, invariably he ends up with two people on him. With Isak in there and Willock we have major pace to take advantage of that, especially if Maxi can release the ball quicker. I don’t think he’s the answer to beating teams who play with a low block but he can definitely be the answer if we play teams who come onto us 

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Said the CF to the CB.

ASM isn't and won't ever be a team player. He did very little compared tot hose before him and hence why he doesn't start.

:lol:

I reckon he gets back in the team and stays in the team now (fitness permitting). 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Maxi is our best player for dragging multiple opposition players towards the ball, invariably he ends up with two people on him. With Isak in there and Willock we have major pace to take advantage of that, especially if Maxi can release the ball quicker. I don’t think he’s the answer to beating teams who play with a low block but he can definitely be the answer if we play teams who come onto us 

All ifs and buts..

He's dangerous,  he's unplayable on his day. Absolutely. I'm not that stubborn. His day isn't often enough though and he's a FIFS street player.

Just now, NEEJ said:

:lol:

I reckon he gets back in the team and stays in the team now (fitness permitting). 

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. Isn't a patch on Willock or Joelinton who are both currently deployed there.

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

3 threatening crosses. WTF. He's a winger mate. How do you define a threatening cross? How many hit their target?

He was on for 45 minutes :lol: It was a match where nothing was hitting its mark, even from Trippier. They were all good balls and if anything not selfish enough.

Find this all a bit weird tbh, it was an obviously decent performance, at least.

Edited by Kid Icarus

As good as we've been this season we can't go on playing Joelinton as a wide forward in home games against weaker sides. Especially if Bruno is injured. We need more creativity in and around the team. It was great to be able to bring Maxi and Isak off the bench and offer something different. Both were not at their sharpest but made a very positive influence on the momentum of the match.

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Average option. Can blow you away 3 games and do fuck all for 7

I don't know what to think of him atm, if he gets a run in the team he does need go start delivering some goals.

Let's get rid of Murphy first mind :lol:

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. Isn't a patch on Willock or Joelinton who are both currently deployed there.

Presumably both of them will be needed alongside Longstaff in midfield with Bruno out.

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

All ifs and buts..

He's dangerous,  he's unplayable on his day. Absolutely. I'm not that stubborn. His day isn't often enough though and he's a FIFS street player.

Sadly that’s the type of player he’ll always be, even if he manages to improve his distribution and decision making. He’s never going to be as consistent a player as anyone else in the side because his best trait is his dribbling which is always going to be a bit hit and miss. I think that he can still be a really great player for us if he improves his passing and decision making but he’s never going to play in the system that Howe has set up in the way that others do

So Maxi doesn't hit the target with his crosses. Joelinton doesn't even attempt to cross the ball from that position, man :lol:

We all know he offers more than that obviously (particularly centrally) but you need other things to win football matches. At the moment our squad is far too limited to not at least have Maxi as a twelfth/thirteenth man IMO.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He was on for 45 minutes :lol: It was a match where nothing was hitting its mark, even from Trippier. They were all good balls and if anything not selfish enough.

Find this all a bit weird tbh, it was an obviously decent performance, at least.

Bollocks. He fucked up the through ball to Wilson for a potential goal, he put a twenty yard shot wide, and other than that it was run of the milm stuff. Yi kan what fucks me off, ASM is a really talented kid. More than Sean Longstaff, undoubtedly. But he wouldn't get in mine or Eddie Howes first 11 because he is a lazy twat with flashes of brilliance and Sean Longstaf is a team player and a steady 7 outta 10. Really fucks me off that does.

People give ASM leeway cause he's talented, people give Longstaff grief cause he's less so. Yet it should be the opposite Longstaff is integral to our team performance. ASM is a luxury.

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

As good as we've been this season we can't go on playing Joelinton as a wide forward in home games against weaker sides. Especially if Bruno is injured. We need more creativity in and around the team. It was great to be able to bring Maxi and Isak off the bench and offer something different. Both were not at their sharpest but made a very positive influence on the momentum of the match.

Fair. :thup:

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Sadly that’s the type of player he’ll always be, even if he manages to improve his distribution and decision making. He’s never going to be as consistent a player as anyone else in the side because his best trait is his dribbling which is always going to be a bit hit and miss. I think that he can still be a really great player for us if he improves his passing and decision making but he’s never going to play in the system that Howe has set up in the way that others do

So he's not the teamwork us or teams around us. Needs more strings to his bow. :thup:

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

So Maxi doesn't hit the target with his crosses. Joelinton doesn't even attempt to cross the ball from that position, man :lol:

We all know he offers more than that obviously (particularly centrally) but you need other things to win football matches. At the moment our squad is far too limited to not at least have Maxi as a twelfth/thirteenth man IMO.

He is the best of a supporting bad bunch. He's gone from big fish in a small pond to small fish in a big pond. Undoubtedly unplayable on his day but his day isn't often enough and not a team player. He wasn't anywhere near our MotM day to say he was is obscene.

I thought it was a very well rounded performance, previously in certain situations (ie every time he got the ball) he’d just put the head down and try and beat 5 players, lose it somewhere in the middle of his efforts and we’d be suddenly defending.

Today he had the head up and was looking for the simple pass, he took on players when the time was right and maybe should have had a goal.

What I’m impressed with is that he’s obviously been listening to our manager in terms of what he wants and he’s showing he wants to be back in the first 11.

9 minutes ago, Heron said:

Bollocks. He fucked up the through ball to Wilson for a potential goal, he put a twenty yard shot wide, and other than that it was run of the milm stuff. Yi kan what fucks me off, ASM is a really talented kid. More than Sean Longstaff, undoubtedly. But he wouldn't get in mine or Eddie Howes first 11 because he is a lazy twat with flashes of brilliance and Sean Longstaf is a team player and a steady 7 outta 10. Really fucks me off that does.

People give ASM leeway cause he's talented, people give Longstaff grief cause he's less so. Yet it should be the opposite Longstaff is integral to our team performance. ASM is a luxury.

You're nuts mate. :lol:  I'll leave it at that.

We won, I'm happy, and I'm happy with ASM's performance, including his work rate. I'm not gonna bring the mood down arguing in those circumstances 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Joelinton is better in the middle.

Love ASM he needs to start playing on the left and Joe back in CM. 

I'd normally say drop Longstaff, but with Bruno out now, Joelinton Longstaff and Willock will surely be the midfield for a few weeks, its probably good timing for ASM this, nobody wants Bruno missing, but this now accommodates ASM nicely. 

He also needs it to start showing his best again.

I thought he did a decent job from half time, especially in a game that was really, well awkward at times.