Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Fenerbahce, on loan from Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why do people have little bags of money? :lol: 

Love that he’s such a crazy bastard.

Anyone that held up a piece of paper with the Helios logo on got a bag with £100. Wish I did it, am fucking skint. 

23 hours ago, Ed210 said:

He’s crap at realising when he should pass the ball and not dribble into a dead end. 

Well apart from all the goals, assists and chances he's created for us

56 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s just really inconsistent in general. For every Everton performance, there are three terrible ones.

I suppose that’s why he’s playing for us and not Man City.

He’s essential to play though because even his bad games are better than the other option of Jacob Murphy.

Terrible is a harsh adjective. For every game where he's a bit off and he's running into blind alleys and we're screaming at him to look up, you get frustrated but then you also realize we're 80 yards from our own goal thanks to him carrying the ball the length of the field, which serves a purpose when we're defending a lead. 

Edited by LionOfGosforth

10 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Terrible is a harsh adjective. For every game where he's a bit off and he's running into blind alleys and we're screaming at him to look up, you get frustrated but then you also realize we're 80 yards from our own goal thanks to him carrying the ball the length of the field, which serves a purpose when we're defending a lead. 

But we also find that four of his teammates have run forward, which he’s ignored, and the opposition come away with the ball and play through the gaps in our team. Not so great when defending a lead.

It’s the same as the praise for Wood. While we’re winning games it’s not so important, but during that terrible run at the start of Howe’s reign, we could’ve done with less blind alleys and more passes.

That said, he’s the least of our problems and one of a few players who we should keep next season.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

But we also find that four of his teammates have run forward, which he’s ignored, and the opposition come away with the ball and play through the gaps in our team. Not so great when defending a lead.

It’s the same as the praise for Wood. While we’re winning games it’s not so important, but during that terrible run at the start of Howe’s reign, we could’ve done with less blind alleys and more passes.

That said, he’s the least of our problems and one of a few players who we should keep next season.

That was the gist of my point, even during poor personal performances, he's always capable of something, plus the more solid team structure leaves us less open to the bad side of losing the ball in your example. That and has done so much in a positive way for the club on and off the field, I hope there continues to be a way to keep him integrated because he brings something to the team nobody else does.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Peppe said:

I'm confused, is this Helios thing an NFT scam or is it his card game or whatever he has made? 

No, it's a card game.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:
1 minute ago, Peppe said:

I'm confused, is this Helios thing an NFT scam or is it his card game or whatever he has made? 

No, it's a card game.

Okay. I got confused since the twitter account is called "... NFT and app" 

Guest carpetman1
On 06/03/2022 at 17:15, Paully said:

He’s at the Ramside tonight collecting his trophy - I only know as Dan Neil is getting the young award!

Didn’t turn up. Probably washing his hair. 

Was half listening to the Gallowgate Shots preview pod earlier. I’m sure they seemed to be suggesting that he was back in France this week. But he was in the training pics, so not sure how that works? 

Odd that he’s not even in the squad. Hopefully he’s not re-injured himself after Brighton. Can’t imagine Howe would have rushed him back for that, Brewcie style. 

11 minutes ago, Outremont said:

Why don’t they tell us what’s wrong with him? Is it fatigue? Is it an injury? 

what is it man. Ffs.

Illness was the reason given.

Nothing cloak and dagger going on as far as I can tell.