Scott Parker is ....

Crumpy Gunt

Crumpster:

Who among our starting XI should wear the armband besides Given?

tbh,i would give it to butt,he seems experinced enough to know what to do,but he hasn't been in our club for long,so just given,and if he gets injured i will give it to harper,and if he gets injured i will give it to luque so he can play with it on the bench,give him a bit of distraction so he dosn't complain about not getting games..

Crumpster:

tbh,i would give it to butt,he seems experinced enough to know what to do,but he hasn't been in our club for long,so just given,and if he gets injured i will give it to harper,and if he gets injured i will give it to luque so he can play with it on the bench,give him a bit of distraction so he dosn't complain about not getting games..

Fishing for bites-tastic!    :winking:

Crumpster:

Wasn't addressed to me but i'll answer anyway.

Been saying since the whole "next captain" thing come about that Emre or Nobby should get it. But if he carries on playing like he has done in the past few games then Taylor would be my first choice as a defender I feel should always be the captain as it's the part of the team that needs the most organization.

Solano has been true captain material lately and I would continue with him at right back regardless of when Carr returns. Therefore, as a guaranteed starter, I'd give him the armband. He showed today what an intelligent player he is and a calm head. He has the respect of the players and the fans which is essential.

Parker's pirouette is his biggest shortcoming as a player and he needs to sort it out asap. He has a lot in his locker but the ability to turn defence into attack in an instant is what the Premiership is all about. He must release the ball much much quicker. At the moment he holds up our counter attacks and it isn't that surprising that we have been countering with greater urgency when he hasn't been in midfield.

It's a minor nuisance to his game though, and on his day he is still a top quality central midfielder capable of bossing the midfield. Just because we haven't got our team to click yet I certainly wouldn't write him off, this was his first game back from injury.

Like many I nominated him to be captain but I'd have to say he hasn't been the best choice. For me, going on this season's performances, Solano or Given should be captain. A captain needn't be a central player, Neville captains Man Utd from right back and they're top of the table.

Guest kinaldo

you're all a bunch of knee jerking homos fuck off with all these dumbass threads already

nicky butt for captain wtf? some of you have really short memories eh

What the f*** are you talking about here, Parker shite ?!?!? The only player along with Given who actually fought for the team during the fall. I will stand by Parker unconditonally throughout this season and so will Roeder i'm sure. What is it that you expect, some kind of Ronaldinho or what ? He's a defensive midfielder, not some offensive genious, he's a fighter like Makelele is for Chelsea and Gilberto is for Arsenal. But I guess some of you can see things that nobody else can, since you're convinced that he's slowing down things.

Guest thompers

What the f*** are you talking about here, Parker shite ?!?!? The only player along with Given who actually fought for the team during the fall. I will stand by Parker unconditonally throughout this season and so will Roeder i'm sure. What is it that you expect, some kind of Ronaldinho or what ? He's a defensive midfielder, not some offensive genious, he's a fighter like Makelele is for Chelsea and Gilberto is for Arsenal. But I guess some of you can see things that nobody else can, since you're convinced that he's slowing down things.

You mean Makalele and Gilberto who defend and win balls and quickly distribute it so that their team can launch an attack? Are you comparing them to Parker, who defends and wins balls and stays on the ball for 10 seconds before shuffling it back to Taylor (then often back to Given)

Crumpster:

The armband is F*** all and means F*** all. He's not the best player at the Club for the position he plays.

Didn't someone recently post on here the stats/results of games where Parker was missing? IF they are accurate then it goes a long way to proving what I think - we are a better team without him.

Yup, agreed. Shearer wore it for ages but the real captain on the field was Gary Speed.

The significance of it is that the player is expected to start most matches if they're fit, that's the problem right now. Parker isn't good enough to be a first choice player.

If I HAD to make a choice I'd give it to Solano.

Solano has been true captain material lately and I would continue with him at right back regardless of when Carr returns. Therefore, as a guaranteed starter, I'd give him the armband. He showed today what an intelligent player he is and a calm head. He has the respect of the players and the fans which is essential.

Parker's pirouette is his biggest shortcoming as a player and he needs to sort it out asap. He has a lot in his locker but the ability to turn defence into attack in an instant is what the Premiership is all about. He must release the ball much much quicker. At the moment he holds up our counter attacks and it isn't that surprising that we have been countering with greater urgency when he hasn't been in midfield.

It's a minor nuisance to his game though, and on his day he is still a top quality central midfielder capable of bossing the midfield. Just because we haven't got our team to click yet I certainly wouldn't write him off, this was his first game back from injury.

Like many I nominated him to be captain but I'd have to say he hasn't been the best choice. For me, going on this season's performances, Solano or Given should be captain. A captain needn't be a central player, Neville captains Man Utd from right back and they're top of the table.

Jesus, when will people get it?

Nowt personal mate, but he does these circles all the f***ing time. There is no "on his day" when he doesn't. He's just not good enough no matter how much people hope he will be, or think he could be or any of that stuff. It is what he actually does that matters and what he does is not good enough.

Guest thompers

To be fair though, I think a decent manager ( appointed by a decent chairman tongue.gif ) could coach it out of Parker. It'll never stop whilst Roeder is brown tonguing him.

Whereas as Butt, who gave away the free kick and had several other dodgy moments, is a siant.

how many games have we won with butt and emre together compared to emre and parker .draw your own conclusions .

Crumpster:

The armband is F*** all and means F*** all. He's not the best player at the Club for the position he plays.

Didn't someone recently post on here the stats/results of games where Parker was missing? IF they are accurate then it goes a long way to proving what I think - we are a better team without him.

Yup, agreed. Shearer wore it for ages but the real captain on the field was Gary Speed.

The significance of it is that the player is expected to start most matches if they're fit, that's the problem right now. Parker isn't good enough to be a first choice player.

If I HAD to make a choice I'd give it to Solano.

Completely agree - bold bit being the main point.

Whereas as Butt, who gave away the free kick and had several other dodgy moments, is a siant.

how many games have we won with butt and emre together compared to emre and parker .draw your own conclusions .

Against shite opposition.

Boils my piss that people completely dismiss Parker but ignore the FACT that Emre ALWAYS sinks without trace against the top teams.

Play Parker or Butt as the defensive midfielder but not both, and make sure Parker knows that Emre is our midfield playmaker.

Emre was just hitting top form and I think it was down to Roeder massaging the Turks ego by telling him that he was the man to pull the strings in midfield. Now Parker's back Emre seems to have taken a step backwards.

Good player.

But please STOP SPINNING THE FUCK AROUND

Thanks  :thup:

I think he plays this for his warm-up music (Kylie Minogue)

I'm spinning around

Move out of my way

I know you're feelin' me 'cause you like it like this

I'm breakin' it down

I'm not the same

I'm through with the pass

Ain't no point in looking back

The future will be

And did I forget to mention that I found a new direction

And it leads back to me?

I'm spinning around

Move out of my way

I'm breakin' it down

I'm not the same

The mistakes I've made, have given me the strength

To really believe

that no matter how i take it

There's no way i'm gonna fake it 'cuz it's gotta be real

Play Parker or Butt as the defensive midfielder but not both, and make sure Parker knows that Emre is our midfield playmaker.

Agreed. Roeder made a bad move by giving him a more attacking role this year, it simply disturbed his and Emre's game. (Therefore the whole team)

Just shows how clueless Roeder is.