Pierre Boya

Nicky

Nicked off www.nufc.com  :thup:

Our former European opponents Partizan Belgrade confirm that they have allowed their striker Pierre Boya (pictured in the stripes) to travel to Tyneside and train with the Newcastle squad.

The Cameroon international striker turns 23 next month and has played his football in Serbia since 2004.

Perhaps his most high-profile game for the Grobari (Gravevdiggers) came on the night that we were beating French side Sochaux 4-0 on their own patch, just over two years ago in the UEFA Cup.

Boya finished with two goals to his name as Partizan drew 2-2 in Rome with Lazio, although the game was notable for the player being racially abused by home fans - something which saw the Italians fined and forced to play behind closed doors.

Since then however Boya has failed to score consistently for Partizan and found himself out of the side, appearing in only two of their eight UEFA Cup ties this season and failing to net on either occasion.

Despite the form of both Obafemi Martins and Antoine Sibierski, Glenn Roeder remains light in the striking department with Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi sidelined, Luque with his bags packed and Rossi returning to Old Trafford at the end of the year. 

Never heard of him.

Nicked off www.nufc.com :thup:

Our former European opponents Partizan Belgrade confirm that they have allowed their striker Pierre Boya (pictured in the stripes) to travel to Tyneside and train with the Newcastle squad.

The Cameroon international striker turns 23 next month and has played his football in Serbia since 2004.

Perhaps his most high-profile game for the Grobari (Gravevdiggers) came on the night that we were beating French side Sochaux 4-0 on their own patch, just over two years ago in the UEFA Cup.

Boya finished with two goals to his name as Partizan drew 2-2 in Rome with Lazio, although the game was notable for the player being racially abused by home fans - something which saw the Italians fined and forced to play behind closed doors.

Since then however Boya has failed to score consistently for Partizan and found himself out of the side, appearing in only two of their eight UEFA Cup ties this season and failing to net on either occasion.

Despite the form of both Obafemi Martins and Antoine Sibierski, Glenn Roeder remains light in the striking department with Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi sidelined, Luque with his bags packed and Rossi returning to Old Trafford at the end of the year.

Never heard of him.

If this is the kind of player we are planning on signing (otherwise why would we be 'trialling' him?) I reckon the transder budget might be more limited than we think.

Guest nufc 4 life

taken off wikipedia

Pierre Boya (born January 15, 1984 in Yaoundé, Cameroon) is a Cameroonian footballer.

He currently plays for Serbia's FK Partizan where he arrived as a still 19-year-old in early January 2004. His finest hour with the club came in the December 2004 UEFA Cup draw (2-2) away at S.S. Lazio when he scored both Partizan goals. Unfortunatelly, for a year-and-a-half afterwards he was unable to find the back of the net. He finally ended his goalscoring drought on April 8, 2006, scoring a brace during the Serbia-Montenegro league match versus FK Voždovac.

In the meantime he also recorded another dubious achievement in the crucial Champions League qualifier versus Artmedia Bratislava. After missing a slew of clear cut chances through the two matches, he failed to convert a crucial penalty in the shootout that would have qualified Partizan for 2005/06 UEFA Champions League.

still never heard of him

Looks no bigger than Martins in the photo. Shouldn't we be looking for a someone more in the mould of a target man, seeing as Ameobi is out for the season and the only physical presence we have up front is Sibierski?

It doesn't sound like there's much in the kitty.

Gone are the days were we can just splash money around, infact if you look at arsenal they prove you don't need massive amounts of money, it's time we look for 'younger' talent. It's what those 2 west ham scouts were brought here for I assume. Have to say though, I've never heard of this fella, anyone know anything about him.. fast, prefered foot? What's he like when he's on the ball etc.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

He looks like another Oba, just not from as big a team.  He is only here to train with the team.  This won't be one of the big signings in January, will it?  We haven't had any of our "big" signings over for training have we?  We would just sign them.

fuck me.  can't we go for someone who can score, and who isn't a complete fuckwit.  If he can't make the Partizan team, what makes them think he'll be any good for us?  He reminds me of Ade Akinbiyi for some reason lol.

Sibierski couldn't score and was shit with his head.... apparently.

And lightning doesn't strike twice.

Craig Moore...

Can you honestly sit there and tell me that Craig Moore has been a success at this club? I don't dislike Moore, i think he is an alright defender. But i think both Taylor and Ramage have proved to be a better partnership than Moore and someone. Plus, he didn't play for us until like March. :?

Sibierski couldn't score and was shit with his head.... apparently.

And lightning doesn't strike twice.

Craig Moore...

Can you honestly sit there and tell me that Craig Moore has been a success at this club? I don't dislike Moore, i think he is an alright defender. But i think both Taylor and Ramage have proved to be a better partnership than Moore and someone. Plus, he didn't play for us until like March. :?

He was a hell of a lot better than most gave him credit for and was a big part in helping us reach 7th last year so in regards to peoples expectations (like they are having already about Boya) he more than exceeded them imo.

Same with peoples expectations of Butt when he came back.

We will have to wait and see what Glenn thinks of him in training. He more likely to be a stop gap until Owen gets back if he's any good.

On another note, if fills me with confidence with Glenn appointing his own scouts, apparently they spotted Drogba when he was a Guingamp in the Ligue 2. and look at him now

I see Pierre Boya many more times , but Boya is not STRIKER!!!

Boya is very strong player and He is much bigger than Martins.

Boya is attacking midfielder but Boya is not very quick.

For me , Boya is not player for premier league standard.

Trust Me!!!

Trust Me!!!

Championship Manager scouting report, tbh. :lol:

Trust Me!!!

Thanks, but I'm football couch and profesor of physical education.

This is my job!!!

if boya is quality enough on the training ground why not bring him in?  he's still fairly young and as stated before would just be a small fee to replace rossi perminently.

once owen and ameobi are back next term we shant need a high priced world class stiker anyhow.

spend the real transfer bank on DEFENDERS!!!  :thup: