New Striking Options

Mr. Slugworth

For 4 million? McBride, Doyle, King, Nugent, Viduka, Beattie and Carlton Cole could all get 10 goals per season and would all be decent additions providing they stay injury free for that price.

McBride - no better than sibbi - no point

Doyle - gamble & Reading will demand too much - £6m minimum

King - Shite & injured championship player

Nugent - Over-priced not in form - £6m? No ta

Viduka - Fat, lazy, arshole, wanker Ozzie, Smoggy, over paid, over fed, under talented waste of oxygen

Cole - hahahahahahahaha hohohohohohohohohoho hehehehehehehehehehe - sensible suggestions only please ;)

Beattie - Worth a crack at £2m.

I wouldn't have laughed at it. He was quality in his Southampton days.

I sort of agree, but it shows how desperate we are for strikers that Beattie would be a good buy when you remember that only a couple of years ago most of us laughed at the idea.

Fair enough, but many people did. The "poor man's Shearer" comment was used a lot although not by me, because just don't rate him much at all. However, he may be the best option right now and he is the type of player we need.

For 4 million? McBride, Doyle, King, Nugent, Viduka, Beattie and Carlton Cole could all get 10 goals per season and would all be decent additions providing they stay injury free for that price.

Viduka - Fat, lazy, arshole, wanker Ozzie, Smoggy, over paid, over fed, under talented waste of oxygen

Cole - hahahahahahahaha hohohohohohohohohoho hehehehehehehehehehe - sensible suggestions only please ;)

:lol:

Wooo! Got one right anyway! :happy:

You might laugh at this one, but what about Adriano?

5 starts, 7 subs, no goals.

Take him on loan, pay his wages, set a fee in the summer for £8-10m.

Now that would be a fantastic gamble.

Means we can spend this £10m elsewhere.

I'd even take his team mate Julio Cruz on a free, getting on, but still got good physical presence.

I sort of agree, but it shows how desperate we are for strikers that Beattie would be a good buy when you remember that only a couple of years ago most of us laughed at the idea.

It would be nice to be one of these clubs that can find a star player in South America for nowt.  If Dutch and German clubs can do it and French clubs finding players in Africa, why can't we?  That's what get's on my tit's the most.  This club is clueless in that regard, it would seem.  We spotted Nobby and that's about it, pretty sad.

I'd even take his team mate Julio Cruz on a free, getting on, but still got good physical presence.

I am going to laugh at that.

It would be nice to be one of these clubs that can find a star player in South America for nowt.  If Dutch and German clubs can do it and French clubs finding players in Africa, why can't we?  That's what get's on my tit's the most.  This club is clueless in that regard, it would seem.  We spotted Nobby and that's about it, pretty sad.

Work permits are different with these countries though.

They can sign one non EU a season without them having to play Internationals etc...

Voted worst player in Serie A last season, totally out of form, unhappy as fuk, none of the big teams looking at him anymore.

Worth a gamble, its still Adriano, the fan hate him, he wants out, maybe Martins can have a word.

Laugh, but its a good idea imo

I wouldn't have laughed at it. He was quality in his Southampton days.

Fair enough, but many people did. The "poor man's Shearer" comment was used a lot although not by me, because just don't rate him much at all. However, he may be the best option right now and he is the type of player we need.

Agreed  :thup:

Voted worst player in Serie A last season, totally out of form, unhappy as fuk, none of the big teams looking at him anymore.

Worth a gamble, its still Adriano, the fan hate him, he wants out, maybe Martins can have a word.

I just can't see it ever happening. Not with us.

I just can't see it ever happening. Not with us.

This is what i miss about Bobby, he'd of bin in there like a shot trying for a loan on Adriano right now.

No vision Roeder just couldnt even begin to think about going about it. :(

They can sign one non EU a season without them having to play Internationals etc...

True, but there's got to be a way around it.  Like, why can't we buy a player, loan him out until we can get his papers sorted? 

Sorry, I'm a little naive on the workings of different EU countries work policies. 

True, but there's got to be a way around it.  Like, why can't we buy a player, loan him out until we can get his papers sorted? 

Sorry, I'm a little naive on the workings of different EU countries work policies. 

MAnu do with a feeder club, but got no clue how the legalities work.

McBride is way better than Sibierski..

I'd take Beattie for £2m.

Just needs a fresh start imo... i wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be a bargain. Any more than £3m though and i'd rather we stayed clear. It's still quite a big gamble.

I'd take Beattie for £2m.

Just needs a fresh start imo... i wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be a bargain. Any more than £3m though and i'd rather we stayed clear. It's still quite a big gamble.

God no, he's another sort of flash cunt that we don't need on the payroll.

Guest Harry-Norway

Lets go for John Carew-Now playing in Lyon,did you see him ran beside and away from Cannavaro in Champ.leauge and score ,he is fast and very big-good finisher very good header,5-6mill. and we have him on top

Lets go for John Carew-Now playing in Lyon,did you see him ran beside and away from Cannavaro in Champ.leauge and score ,he is fast and very big-good finisher very good header,5-6mill. and we have him on top

was about to mention him. Celta wanted to take him on loan but that fell through