Non-NUFC games you've attended / are attending

Guest neesy111

Went to Leyton Orient v Wycombe Wanderers last night. Support was

what I expected - old guys and hipsters :lol:. Was good to be back. 

Neither side looked great, although the O’s really should have won it. They have a startlingly classy CB called Omar Beckles - turns out that although he plays for Grenada he’s a (very) local lad, has played for a million non-league teams and is apparently chairman of the PFA. Bonkers career.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’ve got a local derby vs Macarthur tomorrow.  I’m trundling along to Parramatta for that one

Enjoy! Can’t believe it’s nearly a decade since the ACL win. Remember it like it was yesterday.

We got the train up to Berwick yesterday and watched Berwick v Gala Fairydean. Game was played in absolute horrendous conditions, some of the very worst I've experienced in 40 years of watching live football. Gale force winds and the rain horizontal going down the pitch. Not a chance that game goes ahead in those conditions down here in the Northern League!

Despite that, a very entertaining game. Finished 3-3 and Berwick had what would have been a winner controversially ruled out for offside. Also a sending off and 3 penalties. Well worth the £10 admission fee for me (I paid £15 which got me a Scotch Pie and a pint of Estrella Galacia at the bar) and the bairn was allowed in for free and also told to help himself to a handful of sweets at the gate. They also issued me with a voucher giving me half price admission for the next home game. Couldn't really knock it! 

Been to 3 games over the holidays; Gateshead v York, Chelsea v Crystal Palace and Berwick yesterday, and Berwick was the most enjoyable by far. Called into a couple of nice pubs as well on the walk from the station to the ground.

Crowd 411.

Well worth the 50 minute train ride!

Aberdeen 0 St Mirren 3 yesterday. In the St Mirren end which was one of the coldest I've ever experienced. Open ended away section with rain being blown in from the North sea across the road by strong winds. 1st time at Pittodrie but it's a good old school ground, sadly soon to be replaced. St Mirren are poor away but wins at Aberdeen are very rare so I struck lucky. Semi jokingly said "fancy a night in Aberdeen" to the wife and to my amazement she said aye. All went smoothly. Trains ran etc after much uncertainty midweek. Half a dozen pints around Aberdeen last night but had to run between bars to try and minimise the impact of the incessant rain.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

IMG_20231231_121329_712.thumb.jpg.863790377bf36542f25865cf6ac7802c.jpg

IMG_20231231_121329_866.thumb.jpg.99f60cf4911fb7923ee3bc2ff1d1a25a.jpg

IMG_20231231_121329_912.thumb.jpg.27b92dc7bd895e535a94198831b813e6.jpg

IMG_20231231_121329_955.thumb.jpg.365494954b6c44dc56f674b1f4b4aeea.jpg

IMG_20231231_121330_026.thumb.jpg.e4c9ee6cca45b44afaf3e25d8c576667.jpg

Latest leg of the journey around the Northern Ireland Prem yesterday: Crusaders 2-0 Carrick Rangers. There were almost as many (Glasgow) Rangers shirts as there were Crusaders ones.

image.png.076a02afa204fac9591e4d13e7d13e2a.png

Guy's like "Call that a camera, mate?"

1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Aberdeen 0 St Mirren 3 yesterday. In the St Mirren end which was one of the coldest I've ever experienced. Open ended away section with rain being blown in from the North sea across the road by strong winds. 1st time at Pittodrie but it's a good old school ground, sadly soon to be replaced. St Mirren are poor away but wins at Aberdeen are very rare so I struck lucky. Semi jokingly said "fancy a night in Aberdeen" to the wife and to my amazement she said aye. All went smoothly. Trains ran etc after much uncertainty midweek. Half a dozen pints around Aberdeen last night but had to run between bars to try and minimise the impact of the incessant rain.

Pittodrie is by far the coldest stadium I’ve ever been to. Grim as fuck.

3 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Think Pittodrie is going to be there a good few years yet mate. Of course famously the first all seater stadium in the UK. The plans for a a new ground have come to a bit of a standstill though so it's going nowhere just yet. Been there a good few times. Showing its age a bit now and although I've never been in the away end it looks a cold and miserable part of the ground, especially as the roof on the stand doesn't go that far along!

On 31/12/2023 at 02:02, NSG said:

Get yourself down to Western Sydney Wanderers!

Unfortunately I'll be out of town when they play at home on saturday. I did see WSW in China playing in the Asian Champions League, the year they went onto win it. I was in the home end with my, at the time, local club Guizhou Renhe.

They did this thing in the A league this weekend where the whole round of games was played in Sydney. I went to Brisbane Roar v Newcastle in the Allianz stadium (new ground where Sydney FC play, hosted England Denmark in the women’s World Cup).

3-2 to Brisbane with s dodgy handball VAR pen right at the end. Ground holds 42k and there was prob a couple of k there… but Brisbane had a rowdy bunch of ‘ultras’ 

I'm in Lisbon when Sporting play Benfica, would very much fancy that. Cannit figure out how tickets for Sporting games are sold though, seems like you've probably got to buy a membership

Alternative is using one of the tout sites like Seatpick, would rather not but might be only option

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

I'm in Lisbon when Sporting play Benfica, would very much fancy that. Cannit figure out how tickets for Sporting games are sold though, seems like you've probably got to buy a membership

Alternative is using one of the tout sites like Seatpick, would rather not but might be only option

I think ID is needed for Portuguese games nowadays.

That's a huge game so it'll sell out asap.

Edited by El Prontonise

Aye, wasn’t expecting many available tickets but thought I might have a slightly better chance as I’d only want a single 

Really tricky to find out how their ticketing system works and more info on membership / public sales at Sporting, the website is shit 

Cov 3-1 Leicester the other day. Great game. Atmosphere was brilliant. Cov fans are very vocal and basically have a jukebox in regards to their songbook. A lot of them not just shit copies of other fans songs. We could learn a thing or two off of them😂 I had O’Hare 3-1 at 55/1 too. Went fucking mental when he scored at the end. 

Just now, ryanegg said:

Cov 3-1 Leicester the other day. Great game. Atmosphere was brilliant. Cov fans are very vocal and basically have a jukebox in regards to their songbook. A lot of them not just shit copies of other fans songs. We could learn a thing or two off of them😂 I had O’Hare 3-1 at 55/1 too. Went fucking mental when he scored at the end. 

Always quite liked "We'll Live And Die In These Towns" just before kickoff from them.

18 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

I’d just rework a load of Specials songs if I was a Cov fan. Wouldn’t work with our Makina paced singing.

Edited by Nucasol

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Always quite liked "We'll Live And Die In These Towns" just before kickoff from them.

It’s only been a recent thing, don’t recall it at all even when I’ve been last season. 

Sporting vs Benfica derby, spoke to box office and tickets on sale to members only and membership has to have been bought at least 6 months ago to be eligible

If tourists want to go they have to find a member willing give them a spare ticket, or take their chances of getting fleeced on a touting site

Frustrating news for a tourist like me, but better for the fans of Sporting.

Our lot should look into implementing something similar for big games

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Sporting vs Benfica derby, spoke to box office and tickets on sale to members only and membership has to have been bought at least 6 months ago to be eligible

If tourists want to go they have to find a member willing give them a spare ticket, or take their chances of getting fleeced on a touting site

Frustrating news for a tourist like me, but better for the fans of Sporting.

Our lot should look into implementing something similar for big games

You might still get lucky. Sporting hardly ever sell out. Their stadium holds just over 50k and last season they pulled in 39,528 v Porto and 39,348 v Benfica, their 2 biggest games by a mile. Most of their other crowds were between 25/30k.

31 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

You might still get lucky. Sporting hardly ever sell out. Their stadium holds just over 50k and last season they pulled in 39,528 v Porto and 39,348 v Benfica, their 2 biggest games by a mile. Most of their other crowds were between 25/30k.

That’s good info, will keep my eye out for general sale as the game gets nearer