Newcastle United 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers - post match from page 14

Greg

very lucky to get a point. Shapeless, listless, terrible to look at and that's just Bruce.

Better team in the first half, Wolves were better in the 2nd half but were a 1 man team. Even though they were better they only really had a 10 minute spell where they created anything.

A draw was probably fair, but we gave away 3 points.

MLS definitely made Almiron look better than he is.

Two chances he has fluffed today, we could have been out of sight long before the red card.

Joelinton played a blinder as the invisible man too

Funny, Almiron looked terrific under Rafa. Almost like a massive step-down in managerial quality affects a player’s performance.

He looked a bit better under Rafa, unfortunately theres more chance of me putting my boots on and scoring than Almiron.

Fluffed the first one and kicked thin air and his first touch was awful for the second one which would have put him in a better position to shoot as he had to use his other foot

This VAR thing is bound to be open to criticism. Check for foul, there’s clearly a foul, still can’t give the pen. Weird as anything.

If you don't understand why that wasn't overturned you must have been living in a cave for the last few months.

You are really being a dick today :lol:

I understand it has to be a clear and obvious error or whatever, I’m just saying that it looks a bit silly when the replay clearly shows a foul.

This VAR thing is bound to be open to criticism. Check for foul, there’s clearly a foul, still can’t give the pen. Weird as anything.

I've gone from thinking maybe it'll shake itself out and work properly given time to thinking VAR is a disaster, just does not stop controversy at all. It really has to be cut back so it's only stopping howlers imo, interruptions for nothings and super pedantic decisions minutes after the incident aren't doing it any favours and doesn't seem to always reach right conclusion anyway.

If you don't understand why that wasn't overturned you must have been living in a cave for the last few months.

I understand it has to be a clear and obvious error or whatever, I’m just saying that it looks a bit silly when the replay clearly shows a foul.

Except VAR has intervened on plenty of very marginal calls too. It's not consistently applied.

This place brings out that side of me sometimes. Well quite often.

Referee did his best to help Wolves there, also assisted with Bruce also giving them some subs to make us significantly weaker.

Don’t agree with that at all, he let Newcastle off with loads of stuff.

Yep.

Giving Wolves corners when they were clearly goal kicks and giving them a goal kick when we should have had a corner. A soft red card, gave them another minute and half of extra time when they took up the final 10 seconds checking to see how they could give them a penalty.

This place brings out that side of me sometimes. Well quite often.

It’s a difficult time for everyone :lol:

Referee did his best to help Wolves there, also assisted with Bruce also giving them some subs to make us significantly weaker.

Don’t agree with that at all, he let Newcastle off with loads of stuff.

Yep.

Giving Wolves corners when they were clearly goal kicks and giving them a goal kick when we should have had a corner. A soft red card, gave them another minute and half of extra time when they took up the final 10 seconds checking to see how they could give them a penalty.

Think you might need a trip to the opticians mate.

Guest godzilla

Honestly this is the worst football I’ve seen in all the time watching the team. We have had poorer teams but that football is just totally turgid. Rafa football certainly wasn’t the best but there was method and a plan. This total clown in charge however  :embarrassed:

longstaff1.png

Longstaff wins ball

longstaff2.png

Neves kicks his foot as Longstaff slides (first contact is on his foot, not his shin as that image looks)

IMO its harsh and another example of a 50:50 where the player 2nd to the ball gets injured and the ball winner gets penalised