Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Think the last thing we need next season is an expanded Premier League :lol:

Only for one season....though I agree it’s not ideal

Came up with the same idea. It reduces the risk of legal action by teams who would feel aggrieved at any decision that stops that happening.

Guest Howaythetoon

Void all league seasons here in our own game, everyone starts again where they are now with the number of points separating everyone right now where each team starts with the same points in difference. So Liverpool whatever points they are ahead of City will start the new season with the same number of points and so on and so on. Fair for all. No way the season can be finished now and it would be unfair and legally challenging to just rule the season done right now RE promotion, relegation, titles, play-offs, CL and other Euro spots. I couldn’t care less about the FA Cup or European competitions btw.

Guest chicken little

Stop all cups and finish the leagues behind closed doors from the first week in June

A Premier League game "behind closed doors" is still going to involve hundreds of people - players, coaching staff, medical staff, stadium staff, broadcasting staff - meeting in a comparatively small space. Naive to think the situation will have ameliorated enough by the first week of June for this to be a good idea.

Forget this season, I don't see how the next one will be able to start in any reasonable sense.

That's not the entire reason tho, there is a call on the NHS for every game plus if there was an accident or injury that requires medical treatment its pretty stupid to drain NHS resource at this critical time just to play a game of football

In my opinion we should not start a new season before finishing this one.

It might be a case where in June playing games but behind closed doors is safe enough.

I think one of the reasons why they have discussed having games behind closed in certain locations was so that there would be enough medical coverage in that location, and it restricts the travelling required. It could also be that you could have minimal amount of TV crew etc all being used.

I think it should be safe enough to have games played behind closed doors in June/July, especially if at the time those who are being asked to isolated for 12 weeks are allowed out.

In reality you'd need many hundreds of people in mass quarantine for weeks to make it work, and if one person gets it the whole thing shuts down again. It sounds good but I'm not convinced it's practically possible.

Why do we have to finish this season.......Liverpool are champions, no relegations....current leagues position stands.Even if they are allowed to restart in June/July, the players will have had a longer close season than in a normal situation.Fitness levels will be low, training at home does not replicate full aerobic team training.There would have to be at least 3-4 weeks of pre season type friendlies to get everyone back to fitness levels. Behind closed doors or at a neutral venue does not reflect a fair contest Bournemouth v Leicester with no crowd hopelessly advantages Leicester...Norwich v Chelsea, AV v Liverpool....the home team would have expected a slight help. Is it fair that we’ve played all but Man City away and those teams in relegation positions against similar away venues now get to play them on a neutral ground. There are so many other reasons where clubs will be disadvantaged....I would hate to be relegated because Pork Pie Chops couldn’t gets his players motivated enough to get any more points etc etc.No for me, end the season now, prepare teams for the new season whenever it might start....oh and what about lost revenue for this season....we’ll how about try and negotiate a better deal for media companies next season, as a one off, to compensate them for lost revenue this season.....Rant Over!

Then what happens when next season shuts down early due to a second wave of cases? Do we cancel that season too, give Norwich City yet another stay of execution and another £100m for staying in the top flight?

The current season has to take priority, at least when it's done everyone will have some breathing room to decide what to do next.

Guest neesy111

Then what happens when next season shuts down early due to a second wave of cases? Do we cancel that season too, give Norwich City yet another stay of execution and another £100m for staying in the top flight?

The current season has to take priority, at least when it's done everyone will have some breathing room to decide what to do next.

Yeap, finish this season and then take stock of what can be played next season.

Everyone to their own opinion...I’ll stick to my guns for all the reasons explained. And will you all be of the same opinion when Pork Pie Chops f**** up the remainder of the season behind closed doors and we sneak into the relegation places.Teams don’t deserve to be relegated purely to just finish off the season at all costs.

Guest neesy111

Everyone to their own opinion...I’ll stick to my guns for all the reasons explained. And will you all be of the same opinion when Pork Pie Chops f**** up the remainder of the season behind closed doors and we sneak into the relegation places.Teams don’t deserve to be relegated purely to just finish off the season at all costs.

So teams deserve to be given reprieve from relegation or not allowed to be promoted just so next season can start as normal.....

So you want to finish the season so your own club won't get relegated?

I'm not totally convinced it's a basis on which the footballing authorities should be making final decisions.

Guest neesy111

Yeap, finish this season

When? Where? How?

I don't the answer to that, do you clever clogs?  That's up for the authorities to decide.

Guest neesy111

People are obviously forgetting they need to finish the season to also get the money from sponsors and TV.  If that doesn't happen then 10's of clubs across the PL and EFL will go bust.

I'm not totally convinced it's a basis on which the footballing authorities should be making final decisions.

Just using that as an example.i’m sure villa,Bournemouth etc wouldn’t like to be relegated because the season was rushed through just to placate the media.

So teams deserve to be given reprieve from relegation or not allowed to be promoted just so next season can start as normal.....

As i mentioned earlier,teams in the top 2 positions in all the leagues would be promoted. Just no play offs.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye, just void it. It’s the fairest way for everyone, if would be champions don’t like it, it’s the same situation for everyone. Football won’t be being played anytime soon maybe for another 12 months even anyway, there are far more proper industries that need to recover and restart way ahead of football. Playing behind closed doors would be selfish as it means so many people will be putting themselves at risk and the last thing nurses, doctors, medics and so on need is to be dealing with cases fro, the football world or have their expertise taken away to be on duty during a football game.

Void the season, everyone starts again on the same points difference and in the same positions.

Just using that as an example.i’m sure villa,Bournemouth etc wouldn’t like to be relegated because the season was rushed through just to placate the media.

Placate the media? Eh? What's the media got to do with it?

Why is next season, which doesn't exist, more important than finishing this season, which does?

Guest chicken little

Yeap, finish this season

When? Where? How?

I don't the answer to that, do you clever clogs?  That's up for the authorities to decide.

I don't to be honest, but you sounded quite certain of yourself so thought I would ask.

Guest Howaythetoon

People are obviously forgetting they need to finish the season to also get the money from sponsors and TV.  If that doesn't happen then 10's of clubs across the PL and EFL will go bust.

Then they go bust, hopefully taken over by their communities or maybe, just maybe it’s time club owners put their money into their businesses as that’s what they are, in order to keep them going.