Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

It’s all about balance of the risks for when football comes back.

Yeah ok so it’s not essential that it comes back, however will it have a positive effect?

There is a large section of the population who are being told to stay at home for 12 weeks, with this possibly being increased. There are many other out of work. We have already battled hard to keep people in on hot days, with the summer coming round sooner.

These people have little to do.

If it’s safe enough for football to comeback without crowds in June or July, and have games televised. Would that increase the chances of people staying in and watching it? I would say yes. Would that result in a significant reduction in people not catching the virus? I would be very interested in the analysis of that.

I think HTT is blinded by his view. I not saying he’s massively wrong, but I do think sometimes he lets his view overshadow the wider picture.

HTT has been lucky to be able to watch and take part in football with his kids whilst remaining isolated. Recently his work has been classified as essential and he’s been back to work and keeping busy. In my view your daily life in starting to resemble normality quicker than some else’s, quicker than most people’s. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

However that normal isn’t happening for a long time for people. For example I opened my front door to receive a delivery off my sister today, and it felt great to have the faint feeling of a gentle breeze of the wind on me.

These people over time are going to need something to hold on too. They are possibly going to need a reason for them to stay inside and not give up.

Having football or even their regular TV shows back on TV could easily be the small thing that makes a big difference.

If the medical authorities declare it safe for football to be played behind closed doors and TV shows to start filming again, then myself I’m all for it.

I would never say that they should do it without their permission or advice, but once they give it the go ahead, then go for it. 

My situation has nothing to do with my views or is reflective of the real situation. I miss footy like anyone, but that initial pine for it when it was first suspended, has gone, full stop, and will remain so. I’m aware I’ve become more and more detached from footy over the years so I’m more used to doing without my fix, but conversely I’ve replaced that with a fix of grassroots/kids football and I miss that massively.

I’d watch a behind closed doors game like the next person, but that’s not fixing things. I know several pro players whose family would not want them to play while this us still ongoing and I know many many more amateur and grassroots people who would only go back to things if there was a guarantee the virus wouldn’t infect them or anyone else.

Football needs to do what’s best for the sport not for business, TV, fans, viewing figures, players, sponsors or owners. As far as I can tell, that means voiding it full stop or suspending it for 6 months at least completely. Either way clubs will still go bust and many players will end up free agents because right now as a business, football has no business and like many others and many industries, when that money runs out, everyone is out of work.

Whatever happens, grassroots football will survive and maybe even return stronger. I love football because I can play it and watch it for free, my kids can too, as a sport, I’m not paying thousands a year to attend, subscribe and buy into a product that’s non essential to me or anything and nor should anyone else. Not as a business anyway. As a sport...

But you need to come here on an NUFC site to tell us how much you don't care about it. You could do that at the grassroots level in your own house or next door tbh.

Why do you care what I do or do not care about? :lol:

I don't care, just pointing out that your opinion would mean nothing on here if professional football disappeared as per your wish.

For me the solution has always been to cancel the league next year and just come up with a beefed up FA Cup, League Cup and European competition that everyone gets a good number of lucrative games in place

So for the FA Cup you have a group stage with one team from each division of the top 5 divisions, home and away.

League Cup as above but football league only and just one game per pairing.

Top 6 in the CL, 7-14 in Europa, a new format devised for 15-20

So much that could be done that has less games but can also generate significant income.

I don't care when next season happens, or what form it takes, but they have to finish this season somehow. I've never liked Liverpool, but they deserve to win the league in a fitting manner. Also still have a soft spot for Leeds for some unfathomable reason. Maybe I just always liked the all white kit.

Spurs have done a u-turn on furloughing.

Just leaves us Sheff United (who are paying their staff themselves), Norwich (are using the taxpayer money but making their staff's money up to 100%) and us furloughing.

We're the only ones in the Premier League not making sure their staff get 100% of their money, which if it is just the 20%, it's pennies to Ashley, but sums the animal up.

Guest neesy111

Just leaves us Sheff United (who are paying their staff themselves), Norwich (are using the taxpayer money but making their staff's money up to 100%) and us furloughing.

We're the only ones in the Premier League not making sure their staff get 100% of their money, which if it is just the 20%, it's pennies to Ashley, but sums the animal up.

Yeap, absolutely ridiculous we aren't topping it up and the players and management are still on 100% pay.

Guest chopey

Ranieri has said if we need to complete the season over a five or six week period the every game should be allowed 5 subs.

Yeap, absolutely ridiculous we aren't topping it up and the players and management are still on 100% pay.

According to the BBC, it says we are.

Guest neesy111

So we're all in agreement that we should cancel this season now and next season is all that matters now?

Nope.

Guest neesy111

Apparently it's unlikely that Football games with crowds will take place before January 2021 in Italy.

Fuuuuck.

Yeap, can't see anything like this happening until a vaccine is in place.

Partick relegated from the Championship. They were 2 points behind with a game in hand.

The team they had their game in hand with, they’d already beaten twice 3-1. They’d also had to play Dundee Utd 4 times where as second bottom still just three. That’s not fair like.