Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

No it won’t.

Once it’s all over the first thing people will want to do is normal things, people will flock to football matches, will gather to watch it on TV and in pubs/bars.

Sadly you’re probably right. I hope people reconsider what it is that’s important to them and our world, family, the environment, our public and civil services and start to take more of an interest, responsibility and ownership of this. Right now footballers, celebs etc. are irrelevant to me or our world. Teachers, nurses, bus drivers, deliver drivers and even the local offie are far more critical to me and you and our world.

Give me a beer in the street with my best mate over a pint at a PL match, give me 90 minutes with my family watching telly over a match or some gig. Give me a takeaway with my family over some a table for 2 at a fancy restaurant or a drive through meal.

Give me Newcastle Blue Star/Gateshead surviving over NUFC or the Champions League or whatever.

Chat some good stuff and some rubbish you like

Guest Howaythetoon

No it won’t.

Once it’s all over the first thing people will want to do is normal things, people will flock to football matches, will gather to watch it on TV and in pubs/bars.

Sadly you’re probably right. I hope people reconsider what it is that’s important to them and our world, family, the environment, our public and civil services and start to take more of an interest, responsibility and ownership of this. Right now footballers, celebs etc. are irrelevant to me or our world. Teachers, nurses, bus drivers, deliver drivers and even the local offie are far more critical to me and you and our world.

Give me a beer in the street with my best mate over a pint at a PL match, give me 90 minutes with my family watching telly over a match or some gig. Give me a takeaway with my family over some a table for 2 at a fancy restaurant or a drive through meal.

Give me Newcastle Blue Star/Gateshead surviving over NUFC or the Champions League or whatever.

Chat some good stuff and some rubbish you like

So fairly balanced then? :lol:

I do talk shite like, I know...

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin says the current football season could be lost if it cannot be restarted by the end of June  :huff:

Don't see the point in voiding a season that's 80 done in favour of starting again , Rather fuck replays or national cups off if needed

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin says the current football season could be lost if it cannot be restarted by the end of June  :huff:

Don't see the point in voiding a season that's 80 done in favour of starting again , Rather fuck replays or national cups off if needed

Agree. There's a very good chance this thing will spike up again anyway before a vaccine is found, are they then going to fucking off two consecutive seasons?

Yeah they should resume the season whenever they can and see where they are after that. Depending on what the situation is they could have a special one-off season next year that would involve less games, for example splitting the league in 2.

Yeah they should resume the season whenever they can and see where they are after that. Depending on what the situation is they could have a special one-off season next year that would involve less games, for example splitting the league in 2.

It would help fall in line for the 2022 World Cup if next season started say even November / December. Have a break for Euro 2021 then finish that season. Do the same for 21-22, then it’s the stupid winter World Cup and then restart 22-23 in August! A long wait after the World Cup for the following season I know but it’s going to be complicated for that even if that season started in August. There is no need at all to rush this season for me and it has to be concluded!

I think they should continue this season even if it means reviewing how to play out next season. As said, next season could be a different format with less games, somehow. I'm sure they could come up with something and at least every club would be starting on an even footing.

I think they should continue this season even if it means reviewing how to play out next season. As said, next season could be a different format with less games, somehow. I'm sure they could come up with something and at least every club would be starting on an even footing.

Only if every other league does the same

Just a thought, how about no games being played but repeating the results of when the last time the fixture was played early in the season?

This would then decide final league placings and free up more time to finish the cup competitions?

Just restart season 2021 the very week it stopped in 2020 and just don’t have a 20/21 season would make the most sense.

Would be funny if they just voided the 19/20 season though :lol:

Don't really see the problem with just finishing this season whenever possible and then blitz through next in much shorter time. Scrap the league Cup for example.

Added bonus that managers needs to be more creative with their squads, giving younger players more of a chance.

Don't really see the problem with just finishing this season whenever possible and then blitz through next in much shorter time. Scrap the league Cup for example.

Added bonus that managers needs to be more creative with their squads, giving younger players more of a chance.

And if we can't finish before next season's European competition starts?

As above, either Uefa make the decision for the FA with the schedule for next season or every league agrees to the same delayed schedule

Anything they decide which doesn’t include a crowd is going to be awful. End of.

I agree but I think it's the only way they can do it now. Before a vaccine is created, crowds aren't going to be allowed to form and nobody is going to be want to be part of them anyway. I went to Sainsburys today and felt like I was dicing with death, and you could tell everyone else in there felt the same. It's just not going to be possible to go back to any sort of crowd situation pre-vaccine so it's either closed doors or over a year without football.

Anything they decide which doesn’t include a crowd is going to be awful. End of.

I agree but I think it's the only way they can do it now. Before a vaccine is created, crowds aren't going to be allowed to form and nobody is going to be want to be part of them anyway. I went to Sainsburys today and felt like I was dicing with death, and you could tell everyone else in there felt the same. It's just not going to be possible to go back to any sort of crowd situation pre-vaccine so it's either closed doors or over a year without football.

Which Sainsbury’s and how was it? I’m gonna have to take the plunge this week.