Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Big one off Benton Road, it was alright actually. Decently stocked and they're operating a 1 in, 1 out policy kind of thing so there's not many people at all in store at once. I had to queue to get in but only for a couple of minutes and everyone was keeping their distance.

Big one off Benton Road, it was alright actually. Decently stocked and they're operating a 1 in, 1 out policy kind of thing so there's not many people at all in store at once. I had to queue to get in but only for a couple of minutes and everyone was keeping their distance.

:thup: good to hear.

Anything they decide which doesn’t include a crowd is going to be awful. End of.

I agree but I think it's the only way they can do it now. Before a vaccine is created, crowds aren't going to be allowed to form and nobody is going to be want to be part of them anyway. I went to Sainsburys today and felt like I was dicing with death, and you could tell everyone else in there felt the same. It's just not going to be possible to go back to any sort of crowd situation pre-vaccine so it's either closed doors or over a year without football.

Then go without for a year. Restart in Feb like I said earlier. Don’t know how anyone could watch football without a crowd. Remember when I was young watching Real Madrid v Napoli in (I’m guessing) the UEFA Cup behind closed doors. All these great players and it was awful viewing. Then you had the contrast of the second leg in Naples which was amazing.

That’s the national league been suspended indefinitely which now has an impact on the football league as there will be no promotion to and relegation from league 2

Belgium have cancelled their league and are taking the standings as they are.

Isn't the Belgian league system notorious for being ludicrously convoluted when determining final standings/European places/relegation? It's probably a massive relief for them to be able to simply end things as they are. :lol:

quite amusing isn't , Coronavirus can do more damage at Newcastle than a boycott ever could.

A boycott would work. 50,000 empty seats every single home game would have seen him cut his losses and go imo, or at the very least seen some intervention from the Premier League. The wider fanbase weren't bothered enough for that, though.

I wonder if and when football starts again that the players could be banned from their none stop spitting while on the pitch.  It is said that they need to do it because of their exertions etc but they don't spit all over the floor of the Gym when they are working out in there

Premier League have just announced that football won't be back by early May.

Although I get really angry when experts think it still won't be back throughout the summer (which is ages away). Can someone please just give some hope? :lol:

Although I get really angry when experts think it still won't be back throughout the summer (which is ages away). Can someone please just give some hope? :lol:

Just seen a headline stating that the European Leagues were planning to resume in July.

Guest neesy111

It'll be July.

It'll be July.

July at the very earliest

When the pubs and restaurants reopen there will probably be a second spike of infections which would push this date further back

It'll be July.

When the pubs and restaurants reopen there will probably be a second spike of infections which would push this date further back

I still think when it comes back it will be behind closed door, and rightly so.

Outside of football, I don’t think the pubs or places where you gather should be open until later in the year when we know more.

Shops and possibly cafés/restaurants possible. Pubs, and other places of gathering, no.

It'll be July.

I still think when it comes back it will be behind closed door, and rightly so.

Outside of football, I don’t think the pubs or places where you gather should be open until later in the year when we know more.

Shops and possibly cafés/restaurants possible. Pubs, and other places of gathering, no.

There'll be increasing pressure to reopen the likes of pubs because a lot of them will be reaching the point of going out of business after a while. I already expect quite a few pubs where I live to never reopen as they were struggling before this anyway.

Tottenham and Newcastle closed for business

Tottenham and Newcastle have disabled email accounts and confiscated phones and laptops to prevent staff who have been furloughed from doing any work, which would breach the terms of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which both clubs are using to claim money from government to pay wages.

There is bemusement at other clubs at their decision to shut their scouting analysis, as remote video analysis of past matches can still be conducted during the shutdown, and many of their rivals have actually beefed up their recruitment operations with a view to being ready to do business when the transfer window eventually opens later in the summer.