Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The most unacceptable part of this wait for approval is the almost certain confirmation of Bruce as manager until season end. That is almost as damaging as the ownership test being failed.

A few weeks back I was confident they could and should just dump him but now even if it goes through tomorrow it is likely too late to change.

I like your long term vision.

Fair enough I am happy to hold my hands up and say I have dropped a clanger of words there. It was an impatient hissy fit of post. Fueled by a rude early Canadian morning wake up by kids, subsequent newsnow failure to herald positive takeover news, compounded by the realization that Bruce et al. will be here causing at least 3 more months damage that could have been progress. I know it was reported from the start he would get the rest of the season but we have seen a window for change diminish week by week.

Obviously after 13 years another 3 months is bearable for long term gain. I got up and put my big boy pants back on and am calmer. Thank you for a N.O. reality slap.

tenor.gif

Fair enough I am happy to hold my hands up and say I have dropped a clanger of words there. It was an impatient hissy fit of post. Fueled by a rude early Canadian morning wake up by kids, subsequent newsnow failure to herald positive takeover news, compounded by the realization that Bruce et al. will be here causing at least 3 more months damage that could have been progress. I know it was reported from the start he would get the rest of the season but we have seen a window for change diminish week by week.

Obviously after 13 years another 3 months is bearable for long term gain. I got up and put my big boy pants back on and am calmer. Thank you for a N.O. reality slap.

rPIZ.gif

If the takeover falls through Bruce is here forever.

tenor.gif

Cheers. The most difficult thing was to let Ashely go. Once they signed off on that the rest is easy.

The latest talk (on Sky Sports News) is that the Transfer Window will run for three months from August to October this year.

So, as long as we have our new Manager in by then (before then) to make the right decisions and attract the right players, I don't care if Bruce is here until the end of the current season as even he can't get us relegated  . . . . surely?

Will the transfer window be aligned with other european leagues? Pointless being able to sign players from August if the other main leagues shut down late August. We would be forced to sign from rival PL clubs and that's difficult at the best of times.

The latest talk (on Sky Sports News) is that the Transfer Window will run for three months from August to October this year.

So, as long as we have our new Manager in by then (before then) to make the right decisions and attract the right players, I don't care if Bruce is here until the end of the current season as even he can't get us relegated  . . . . surely?

Will the transfer window be aligned with other european leagues? Pointless being able to sign players from August if the other main leagues shut down late August. We would be forced to sign from rival PL clubs and that's difficult at the best of times.

Yes, I agree, it would be pointless if the PL did this in isolation. It would be in the interests of ALL the main leagues to align their transfer windows.

Guest awaymag

Can someone give me a brief update on the current state of play I've lost track of it all and interest tbh.

Takeover is complete and as a gesture of goodwill, all NUFC supporters will be getting a free BeoutQ box!

Was just reading this article from January re bein and Saudi’s. If our takeover goes through there is currently no legal way for our potential new owners / fans from Saudi to watch our games at present.

Now as far as I understand bein have the contract until 2021/22 season. If the takeover goes through this is not a sustainable position for anyone surely.

The premier league will know interest will peak massively in Saudi, and with no legal way of watching piracy will be the only option.

Surely the compromise here is Saudi to allow Bein to broadcast legally in Saudi for remainder of contract to get this deal done. I would imagine that would appease premier league and get them on board, before bidding themselves in 2022.

The major problem here is bein are under the Al Jazeera umbrella, which I believe Saudi have previously want banned.

This I believe is the whole crux of it, the premier league will know that Saudi have not done all they can to stop piracy. However, I don’t think that’s the hold up, as long as there’s a resolution to the above our takeover will be rubber stamped.

Big question is though how do they get that resolution, maybe it is UAE, Bahrain and Saudi offering some sort of rebate to show games legally there until new contract is negotiated in 2022.

Maybe well off the mark, but that’s my take.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/middle-east-tv-revenues-bein-sports-saudi-arabia-ban

Guest chopey

So could the Saudis and Qataries both pay to watch ? .....................asking for a friend (RM)

So could the Saudis and Qataries both pay to watch ? .....................asking for a friend (RM)

If the government dont block it yes people of Saudi can get subscription from Qatar. The largest population from GCC countries is Saudi since season 2017-18 onwards Bein is blocked in Saudi.

This is the least of concession MBS has to make. A fair one in my opinion too. They have to stop this sillyness of blocking everything from Qatar and get subscription until 2022.

I agree concessions will be needed.

What I keep coming back to is if the Saudis see this as trophy purchase, they must have accounted for this scenario where no one in Saudi would be able to watch us.

The main point is though I 100% believe that it is the remedy that is holding this up, rather than waiting for the WTO report to block it.

Guest chopey

So potentially the delay could be The Premier League hatching a TV rights deal starting next season for Saudi only ?

So potentially the delay could be The Premier League hatching a TV rights deal starting next season for Saudi only ?

I think that’s undoubtedly part of the current hold up. It may not even need to be sorted for this to go through, but I think the prem will want some sort of assurance from Saudi going forward, either they allow bein to broadcast in Saudi or they split the MENA region.

A big problem with this BeIN stuff is that if Saudi Arabia start charging things to get the takeover approved, you will see that NUFC has a clear influence on the government/royal family and therefor the royal family/government would clearly be able to influence NUFC. This is strictly forbidden not just in the Premier League’s rule book, but even FIFA’s. On top of this it would be impossible to distance PIF from the actions of the Saudi leadership in future.

I think that’s undoubtedly part of the current hold up. It may not even need to be sorted for this to go through, but I think the prem will want some sort of assurance from Saudi going forward, either they allow Bein to broadcast in Saudi or they split the MENA region.

I don't think they will split the current deal. It is more like allowing Bein to be broadcast legally for now.

A big problem with this BeIN stuff is that if Saudi Arabia start charging things to get the takeover approved, you will see that NUFC has a clear influence on the government/royal family and therefor the royal family/government would clearly be able to influence NUFC. This is strictly forbidden not just in the Premier League’s rule book, but even FIFA’s. On top of this it would be impossible to distance PIF from the actions of the Saudi leadership in future.

STOP RIGHT THERE! things are just starting to unravel  :lol:

Guest chopey

I think that’s undoubtedly part of the current hold up. It may not even need to be sorted for this to go through, but I think the prem will want some sort of assurance from Saudi going forward, either they allow bein to broadcast in Saudi or they split the MENA region.

Hold on so your saying that the Premier League are more concerned about money and the ability to strike a killer deal than that lasses letter or the human rights record !!!!!!...............I hope they use this opportunity to mention that they took so long because they at least considered it.