Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

And in the meantime the club is just a Zombified mess, we still have staff on furlough for fuck sake, no refunds for tickets and money taken out for games we can't watch, IMO the Premier League have a duty of care to all the supporters of its 20 members, not a TV station in the desert.

the premier league doesn't give half a shit about supporters, its ultimately just a body to negotiate tv deals.

streaming apps get took down time and time again then pop back up, no bearing what so ever on the takeover,every fucker in the world uses them.They tried making kodi boxes illegal but the software can be downloaded and put to use in 10 mins, again  its a nothing article

Exactly. You can even download Kodi from the official Microsoft Store, whack on a build and you've got as much free football as you can shake a stick at.

still chuckling at beoutq like :lol:

must have put a 14 year old in charge of the project naming

Haha aye, it's not exactly subtle, is it.

Subtle? No, not really.

Trust me, you don't need to speak or read Arabic to get this message :lol:

streaming apps get took down time and time again then pop back up, no bearing what so ever on the takeover,every fucker in the world uses them.They tried making kodi boxes illegal but the software can be downloaded and put to use in 10 mins, again  its a nothing article

Exactly. You can even download Kodi from the official Microsoft Store, whack on a build and you've got as much free football as you can shake a stick at.

Sorry but it's nothing like kodi, kodi itself isn't illegal, nor are the boxes, it's open source.  It's the people who host the addons that can be installed on Kodi/android boxes that they go after.

The issue here seems to be that someone trying to buy one of their clubs was actually involved in the running/broadcasting/hosting of illegal streams. (If it isn't that then I can't see why it would even be brought up).

If/when they find the source of the streams it's taken seriously, even when the supposed culprits aren't trying to buy one of their clubs :lol: If this is what is being looked into, I can see why it's taking so long.

Can anyone summarise the actual allegations with regards to the piracy?  I'm just assuming it's that they're saying the saudis are involved with the actual running/broadcasting of the dodgy streams.

Non takeover related post (sort of) but for any of you who have used a Kodi app or an IPTV service, you’ll see that pretty much every single game is televised now.

In the states they pretty much get their pick of the live games every week. Just go to the channel showing your team.

I’m almost certain if they did this in the UK, people wouldn’t mind paying a season ticket fee, say £100 or whatever, I’d be happy to pay that if I knew I could watch Newcastle when I wanted and not have to worry about a stream that cuts out etc.

Between BT and Sky and whoever I’m sure they could figure out how to do it.

Currently we’re paying more for less if you go with Virgin Media or Sky.

I’m not saying it’s right but there’s a reason streaming took off. You wouldn’t get to see your team play on tv if you didn’t avail of something dodgy.

Or the PL could go it alone and make every game available as a subscription and just broadcast through an app, like Disney or Netflix, they’d make more revenue from people signing up around the world and they’d stamp out piracy pretty much.

Thing is, if you televise every single game and make it that cheap, then attendances across the country are likely to plummet.

Honestly think there’s room for both. It’s the same people who are basically just not paying for it at the moment

Thing is, if you televise every single game and make it that cheap, then attendances across the country are likely to plummet.

I don’t know if this is true. Televised matches and live matches are complements rather than competition, it seems to me.

I don’t know if this is true. Televised matches and live matches are complements rather than competition, it seems to me.

Absolutely. I have always found this line of logic baffling. Make the game day experience an actual experience (and affordable) and people will show up.

Absolutely. I have always found this line of logic baffling. Make the game day experience an actual experience (and affordable) and people will show up.

A lot of sports haven't caught up to this part yet though.

Disagree, I don't think if a game is televised the attendance will be affected. Look at us, in a season which has seen ST renewals plummet our televised games have some of our highest gates minus the Brighton game.

The previously mentioned potential season pass where you pay extra to watch your club's 3pm games I'd pay for in a heartbeat. When we're away from home and it's a 3pm kick off it's such a pain in the arse trying to find a place online where it's on when I can't get to aways, I just want to watch me team. :lol:

Guest chopey

I would like to see a list of how long each premier league clubs fit and proper persons test has taken.

Disagree, I don't think if a game is televised the attendance will be affected. Look at us, in a season which has seen ST renewals plummet our televised games have some of our highest gates minus the Brighton game.

The previously mentioned potential season pass where you pay extra to watch your club's 3pm games I'd pay for in a heartbeat. When we're away from home and it's a 3pm kick off it's such a pain in the arse trying to find a place online where it's on when I can't get to aways, I just want to watch me team. :lol:

This is why I'll happily sink £50 a year into a good IPTV service. No fucking on 5 minutes before the game, and you get every game you could wish for across Europe.

Guest neesy111

The previously mentioned potential season pass where you pay extra to watch your club's 3pm games I'd pay for in a heartbeat. When we're away from home and it's a 3pm kick off it's such a pain in the arse trying to find a place online where it's on when I can't get to aways, I just want to watch me team. [emoji38]

The only reason for the high gates for TV games is because they were against the better teams or were free tickets.

I'm pretty sure the number of televised games has increased over the last ~10 years - has there been a corresponding drop in attendances?

Genuine question here. If there has been, then I suppose you might have a basis for thinking attendances would drop. But I think people would still go to watch live, they might just need to drop ticket prices a bit. Which is a good thing.

Spent the last however many years getting told people go for the day out with their mates / the craic / always done it / get away from the wife etc and now suddenly they're going to stay at home cos it's on telly :lol:

f***ing hell man, Amazon's Fire Sticks themselves can be used to access illegal streams. People who don't understand the technology trying to write about it comes across so shoddily.

Just like a pub I went to in South East Asia last year. Funnily enough showing a Premier League natch through beIN sports with Richard hairy f***ing Keys hosting the show.

I'm pretty sure the number of televised games has increased over the last ~10 years - has there been a corresponding drop in attendances?

Genuine question here. If there has been, then I suppose you might have a basis for thinking attendances would drop. But I think people would still go to watch live, they might just need to drop ticket prices a bit. Which is a good thing.

Attendances has dropped over the last 10 year but more so the people who attend have changed these last ten year too.

Drop prices :lol: Couldn’t even get them to agree to Twenty Is Plenty for away tickets. They went with £30 which give some clubs an excuse to bump theirs up a little and those that dropped to £30 don’t get penalised for charging booking fees to that figure.