Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

kicking in chairs and knocking down tables......in a West End Greggs......just to get Cheese Slice

;D  this isnt about football any more so im on the pissing myself wagon  on evbery thing to do with nufc :D

KSA is basically in a trade war with Qatar. The league has sold broadcasting rights to an entire region to one company who is in a trade war with multiple nations in said region. The largest nation in said region has just banned them from doing business in their country and are “pulling out” of said agreement. That’s the loophole some are alluding to in terms of KSA looking to arrange their own rights.

1) Bein isnt in a trade war.

2) To me that sounds like the opposite of a loophole, it would be a loophole is Bein decided not to broadcast in KSA.

There's no way a country can decide to pull out of deal they have no part in and start negotiating their own. First PL take a stand on piracy to protect the rights and then make a complete mockery of the rights by selling them twice to one country? Nope.

If they have no part in the deal they can do whatever they want.  The PL packaged the deal this way, SA never agreed to it or had any part in it.

Well sadly for them they cant as they dont own the rights and won't be able to buy them.

If they have no part in the deal they can do whatever they want.  The PL packaged the deal this way, SA never agreed to it or had any part in it.

Well sadly for them they cant as they dont own the rights and won't be able to buy them.

You said 'there's no way a country can pull out of a deal they have no part in', that's clearly wrong.  There's nothing to say SA have to allow Bein to broadcast in their country.

You said 'there's no way a country can pull out of a deal they have no part in', that's clearly wrong.  There's nothing to say SA have to allow Bein to broadcast in their country.

That is absolutely not wrong. Just because they arent allowing Bein to broadcast doesnt mean their country still isnt part of the deal Bein has with PL.

Anyone that thinks Staveley is worth fawning over, needs their head checked.

Been saying this for ages too. She doesn't inspire confidence at all to date sadly.

Why? She has an ambition to make us better and has gone about trying to acquire us on a number of occasions. In comparison to what we’ve had for as long as I can remember what’s not to like?

Been saying this for ages too. She doesn't inspire confidence at all to date sadly.

I don't really know enough about her to form an opinion yet.

Anyone know what her actual role was in Man City takeover? Seems to get a bit of credit for that but think she is starting to look like (an albeit successful) chancer

Guest godzilla

That is absolutely not wrong. Just because they arent allowing Bein to broadcast doesnt mean their country still isnt part of the deal Bein has with PL.

I presume you have seen the contract have you?

This. Doubt anyone knows on here..

So can we start negotiating the rights for France then?

Could Saudi Arabia link up with another country’s Tv rights and pay extra for doing that and then then Premier League can give that to BeIN?

I presume you have seen the contract have you?

No. Unlike you I just have a basic understanding of what broadcasting rights actually are.

So can we start negotiating the rights for France then?

Could Saudi Arabia link up with another country’s Tv rights and pay extra for doing that and then then Premier League can give that to BeIN?

Only way Saudi Arabia will get any rights is if Bein renegotiate their contract with PL and give up KSA rights (for a nice sum of money obviously).

This seems unlikely considering the company and the country involved.

I love how everyone's an expert on the working of these contracts, it's beyond boring now.

Just about to say that, every conversation turns into a argument with know all's, and not so know all's arguing over hypothetical things.

This. Doubt anyone knows on here..

I said she doesn't inspire confidence, that's based on her briefing Caulkin with timelines and expectations that she has failed to back up with actions. Over a 3 year period. We do know that much..