Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Wor George getting fed up

The PL need to grow some balls and draw a line under the deal, telling the buyers that a resolution cannot be found.

Everyone needs to move on from this.

Yeah, that's exactly what they need to do. :lol:

Guest godzilla

It is pathetic. The football, excitement and everything that is supposed to come with a takeover is completely lost by two packs of c***s being t***s to each other.

It's the Premier League who have allowed it to go down the geopolitical route. They have a set criteria for the D&O test and have still not made a decision (based on this test) going into the 16th week.

It is pathetic. The football, excitement and everything that is supposed to come with a takeover is completely lost by two packs of c***s being t***s to each other.

It's the Premier League who have allowed it to go down the geopolitical route. They have a set criteria for the D&O test and have still not made a decision (based on this test) going into the 16th week.

This. The Premier League need to make a decision on the evidence they have in relation to the D&O test and nothing more. Absolute fucking shambles and if it was any of the big 6, there would be no chance that it would have dragged on for so long and likely no chance of it being rejected.

Where does it end though? This could rumble on forever.

They can take another year for me if it meant it passing.

If they reject it and we're stuck with Ashley, that's my footballing life finished. I literally can't imagine life with Ashley and Bruce here long term aiming for 40 points EVERY season. I'd rather wait as long as it takes if it means it goes through.

Wor George getting fed up

The PL need to grow some balls and draw a line under the deal, telling the buyers that a resolution cannot be found.

Everyone needs to move on from this.

Move on to what exactly ?

If it means waiting a bit longer for them to work through it, that’s far more preferable than rejecting it because some people are sick of the wait.

As far as we’re aware nobody has ever failed the o & d test, do we really think the premier league are going to reject pif and Britain’s 2nd richest family.

They’ll get there keep the faith.

If they reject it and we're stuck with Ashley, that's my footballing life finished. I literally can't imagine life with Ashley and Bruce here long term aiming for 40 points EVERY season. I'd rather wait as long as it takes if it means it goes through.

I share your feelings. I'm pretty much detached from football now already.

Caulkin's tweet though, has started to dwindle away the little bit of confidence that I had that this ends soon and also in a 'yes' decision from the PL.

If they reject it and we're stuck with Ashley, that's my footballing life finished. I literally can't imagine life with Ashley and Bruce here long term aiming for 40 points in the Championship EVERY season. I'd rather wait as long as it takes if it means it goes through.

This is just going to fizzle out like all the other previous takeovers

If this takeover forms just another aspect in a wider geopolitical war, then it's got no chance of being finalized because neither side are going to compromise

Of course it won't, it will have to come to a head one way or the other.  This is a done deal for both parties not some up in the air negotiation that may or may not be genuine (like past takeovers).  There's no grey area with this one, it's either the Premier League approve it or they deny it, either way there will be a very definitive conclusion.

Qatar should just be told its got fuck all to do with them, because it really doesn't.

This.

How on Earth they've managed to get themselves involved so heavily is an absolute joke. Yes they have the rights but that's for the PL to sort out with SA. It's the content of the PL not Qatar.

The PL have been bossed and bullied by Qatar so much its laughable.

Guest godzilla

Caulkin's tweet though, has started to dwindle away the little bit of confidence that I had that this ends soon and also in a 'yes' decision from the PL.

Personally I don't think Caulkin has enhanced his reputation through this one bit to be honest.

Personally I don't think Caulkin has enhanced his reputation through this one bit to be honest.

He's still the only one that doesn't come across (to me anyway) like they are guessing nor does he ever come across as a wind up merchant.

If he's made a mistake, it's that he's said anything at all but i believe he's passed info on in good faith as he wants to try and give fans something.

I could be being naive of course :lol:

He's still the only one that doesn't come across (to me anyway) like they are guessing nor does he ever come across as a wind up merchant.

If he's made a mistake, it's that he's said anything at all but i believe he's passed info on in good faith as he wants to try and give fans something.

I think he has done that but small little things he said way back when all of the CH stuff came out back in April like 'get your cans chilled' and all that patter.

In regards to the takeover itself, I'm still leaning towards it happening and I don't care when it goes through, as long as it actually does go through. If it's thrown out then I genuinely don't know what I'd do in regards to NUFC and football. As a club we'd be absolutely fucked. The Premier League are a bunch of cunts.

Yes they clearly have great plans and know exactly how to sort it out. No reason to worry.

That's why its taken months for the deal to be confirmed. No issues at all with anything.

This. Some people get so defensive the moment someone points out that not all is going to Staveley's plan so far. It may do in future, but so far we've been waiting 3 years for her word to come true.

Qatar should just be told its got f*** all to do with them, because it really doesn't.

This.

How on Earth they've managed to get themselves involved so heavily is an absolute joke. Yes they have the rights but that's for the PL to sort out with SA. It's the content of the PL not Qatar.

The PL have been bossed and bullied by Qatar so much its laughable.

If/when the takeover goes away. For the sake of all these morals, a lot of media and parliamentary attention should be focused on that. Would be wrong in any sense for a country to have such a say in English football much less one with human rights abuses, modern and current slavery and one that bribed FIFA to host a world cup. In the name of morals and cleaning up sport. Is this the QPL or something like?

Yet not a peep I shouldn't wonder.

Guest godzilla

:lol: to me he's had a shocker all the way through (it's happening, no red flags, still talking, still positive and now don't know who's lying). If he feels he is being given duff information (by whichever side he's getting it from) then report on it instead of giving contradictory tweets.

Not saying he's doing this on purpose like Edwards either mind. He's went way down in my (personal) opinion and I know others will disagree. Doesn't help that he's part of the shit weekly podcast he does which is bordering on making you want to smash the pc listening to it  :lol:

Guest godzilla

I think he has done that but small little things he said way back when all of the CH stuff came out back in April like 'get your cans chilled' and all that patter.

In regards to the takeover itself, I'm still leaning towards it happening and I don't care when it goes through, as long as it actually does go through. If it's thrown out then I genuinely don't know what I'd do in regards to NUFC and football. As a club we'd be absolutely f***ed. The Premier League are a bunch of c***s.

Agreed on all your points

My issue with his reporting is his certainty that what Staveley has been telling him is the truth, without any corroborating evidence.

Not really sure what you want from him like, absolutely everyone seems to be amazed it is taking this long. No one knows what is going to happen except the PL, maybe they don't even know yet.

Sounds like the facts could have changed as in the buyers were being given every indication that things were going smoothly and it would all sail through, only for someone to hand new evidence to the PL.