Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Woman from Barclays is entitled to her opinion; if the court wasn't sitting I'm not sure what people expect to complain about [emoji38] I have been called all sorts of things by barristers, and called them similar things back, when the judge isn't there or outside the court

Guest godzilla

Yep calls her a liar.

What if Staveley is lying? and if she's lying in court, then she's possibly lying to Caulkin about being confident the deal will go through. In which case, she isn't confident and the deal won't go through. The deal is off. f***, we've got 10 more years of Ashley.

Go to bed

Are you coming with?

You're a bit weird

Yep calls her a liar.

What if Staveley is lying? and if she's lying in court, then she's possibly lying to Caulkin about being confident the deal will go through. In which case, she isn't confident and the deal won't go through. The deal is off. Fuck, we've got 10 more years of Ashley.

:lol:

Yep calls her a liar.

What if Staveley is lying? and if she's lying in court, then she's possibly lying to Caulkin about being confident the deal will go through. In which case, she isn't confident and the deal won't go through. The deal is off. Fuck, we've got 10 more years of Ashley.

Go to bed

Are you coming with?

ONLY to do a Bellamy, but harder.

Woman from Barclays is entitled to her opinion; if the court wasn't sitting I'm not sure what people expect to complain about [emoji38] I have been called all sorts of things by barristers, and called them similar things back, when the judge isn't there or outside the court

I’ve been called a liar when giving evidence a few times, all part of the game.

A good bit of cross examination is quite exciting to be on the end of. Of course if it gets too hard you can always faint.

Guest godzilla

Woman from Barclays is entitled to her opinion; if the court wasn't sitting I'm not sure what people expect to complain about [emoji38] I have been called all sorts of things by barristers, and called them similar things back, when the judge isn't there

Don't think that applies when it's being streamed live mind and heard by quite a few people also. Looks like a few are reporting this also to the courts and press, may get interesting.

Woman from Barclays is entitled to her opinion; if the court wasn't sitting I'm not sure what people expect to complain about [emoji38] I have been called all sorts of things by barristers, and called them similar things back, when the judge isn't there

Don't think that applies when it's being streamed live mind and heard by quite a few people also. Looks like a few are reporting this also to the courts and press, may get interesting.

You can go and sit in any court in the country and hear legal teams talking to each other this way on the benches when the judge has gone back to their chambers. Honestly, there's nothing unusual here imo :) it's the nature of court hearings that one side thinks the other is lying. That's why they're there :)

Guest godzilla

You can go and sit in any court in the country and hear legal teams talking to each other this way on the benches when the judge has gone back to their chambers. Honestly, there's nothing unusual here imo :)

Totally different to call someone a liar on a live stream which is off the record and which is in the public hearing, think you're kidding yourself there mind in you think that's nothing unusual. You just can't do that.

Well, I disagree but we'll see if it goes anywhere :) I watch court proceedings pretty much every day, and a lot of the time the link is still open but people are just talking. Maybe I'm just too used to that sort of thing for it to be a surprise to me.

There is probably some GDPR element in that if its recorded and they were aware that they are being recorded she has the right for it to be erased.  And a possible Subject Access Request for this to be made available to her.

*the above could all be bollocks

Guest godzilla

Well, I disagree but we'll see if it goes anywhere :) I watch court proceedings pretty much every day, and a lot of the time the link is still open but people are just talking. Maybe I'm just too used to that sort of thing for it to be a surprise to me.

Makes no difference if you do listen or not, you cannot call people a liar on a live stream off the record, that is defamation of character and I'm quite sure Slaveley will be clapping her hands when this is pointed out. Anyway we're not going to agree,

Guest godzilla

Lovely to see Newcastle fans uniting in defence of the horrendous treatment of massive Tory Amanda Staveley

What's her politics got to do with it? It could be Labour Jim from Sunderland or SNP Stewart from Glasgow and I would still be saying the same.

Lovely to see Newcastle fans uniting in defence of the horrendous treatment of massive Tory Amanda Staveley

What's her politics got to do with it? It could be Labour Jim from Sunderland or SNP Stewart from Glasgow and I would still be saying the same.

He's taking the piss man.