Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest chopey

That was a canny witless thing to do like :lol:  Might get thrown out for prejudice now

Anything visible in a screenshot is unlikely to prejudice the case.  First of all it's not a jury situation and secondly there is no real details visible (i.e. you can't see anything more than the people involved and the room they are in).  The journalist may be slapped with a contempt charge.

Overall, whilst I thought Staveley did well yesterday (given she was in a cross examination situation) I think she's doing better today.  She seems to have got a feel for the room, the judge, and the QC's style and is now better able to read the tone of things and the direction things are going - meaning she likely feels more in control of the situation and consequently is feeling more confident in her presentation.  Where it is the QC's job to attempt to undermine the court's opinion of Staveley's case I don't think he's doing a particularly good job.  Staveley appears to have reasonable answers to all questions, reasonable explanations for all pursued details, and a consistency to her evidence that likely plays well in the eyes of the court.

An interesting lesson I am learning from this is that for future court room scenarios I may be involved in I am going to seek video footage of my opposing legal team.  There is much that can be learned and prepared for in watching a lawyer's courtroom mannerisms and style to assist the witness (much in the same way that a professional sports person will watch footage to learn weaknesses).

Keep us up to date with whats going on cos I have zero clue whats going on, I have never been in and hope to never go in a courtroom.

Guest godzilla

What a bellend!

Has nowt against the takeover though, just the saudis.

Even though his wages are part funded by the same regime  :lol:

What a bellend!

Has nowt against the takeover though, just the saudis.

he's obviously just reacting to the amount of shite he's had off our fans probably, which doesn't testify well as to his professionalism mind

Aye, just shows him for what he is imo.

Guest neesy111

It seems pointless to block the takeover due to piracy as that will just ensure it continues which means Bein will reduce their bid for TV rights.  If its passed then MBS may be inclined to put a stop to it .

Broadcasting partners want action on the piracy stuff, they have to take it serious otherwise it could cause broadcasters in the future to not bid or offer less.

That was a canny witless thing to do like [emoji38]  Might get thrown out for prejudice now

Anything visible in a screenshot is unlikely to prejudice the case.  First of all it's not a jury situation and secondly there is no real details visible (i.e. you can't see anything more than the people involved and the room they are in).  The journalist may be slapped with a contempt charge.

No, the prejudice argument would arise from either party arguing that Roan has an agenda and is potentially denying a fair trial with his intervention. I have no idea what he tweeted like, I'm at work :)

It seems pointless to block the takeover due to piracy as that will just ensure it continues which means Bein will reduce their bid for TV rights.  If its passed then MBS may be inclined to put a stop to it .

Broadcasting partners want action on the piracy stuff, they have to take it serious otherwise it could cause broadcasters in the future to not bid or offer less.

Yeah it's this.

But "action" could take many forms. Blocking the takeover is one form of action, but getting the piracy actually stopped is another which means you've got to approve the takeover, as otherwise there's no incentive for SA to do what you ask.

So I guess it depends what Qatar REALLY want. Do they want the piracy stopped, or do they want the takeover stopped? If it's the former, they may need to accept the takeover going through. If it's the latter, well fuck them.

That was a canny witless thing to do like [emoji38]  Might get thrown out for prejudice now

No, the prejudice argument would arise from either party arguing that Roan has an agenda and is potentially denying a fair trial with his intervention. I have no idea what he tweeted like, I'm at work :)

He tweeted some screen captures of the court room Internet stream.

Either party may argue that it would prejudice their case but I doubt the judge would rule in their favour (given it's not a jury case and the screen shots were of limited consequence).  Hence, I think the judge may charge the journalist with contempt but not permit the tweet to have any other consequence for the case being heard.

If I was the journalist's lawyer I would argue to the court that because the screenshots were from a publicly available source that all content that he tweeted was already a matter of public record.  That, at its worst, it was a breach of the law in technicality only and not a breach of the law in spirit (that is to say that, his tweet did not violate the privacy or confidentiality of the court, or publish any materials capable of compromising judicial integrity).

And if I was Barclays' lawyer I would argue that Roan has a vested interest in Staveley winning her case since there's an inference that her not insignificant role in the takeover is predicated on it ;)

Nah, I agree with you, I just can't believe that such a senior journalist would do something so stupid.  I assume the stream is surrounded by disclaimers to say "no screenshotting, no videos" like they usually are?

And if I was Barclays' lawyer I would argue that Roan has a vested interest in Staveley winning her case since there's an inference that her not insignificant role in the takeover is predicated on it ;)

Nah, I agree with you, I just can't believe that such a senior journalist would do something so stupid.  I assume the stream is surrounded by disclaimers to say "no screenshotting, no videos" like they usually are?

Yeah, at the top of the screen, right above the video stream, it says that unauthorised recording or screenshots are a criminal offence.  I'd take a screenshot of it for you, but I don't want to be in a court room right after Roan.  :iamatwat:

Odd bunch of people to be so grossly critical of someone who they’ve never met or know well performs in a tense cross examination broadcast on the internet over what might be a massive sum of money. Even odder that football journalists would try and wind up people for or against it as it relates the takeover.

Some really just overall, weird sad people out there. Get a fucking grip on reality. What seriously is the point of getting people all angry and fuming at you?