Watford 2-1 Newcastle United - 11/07/20 - post match from pg15

Disco

The first pen could be considered soft, but it was still a pen imo. The Watford lad, Femenia maybe, had pretty much lost control of the ball after doing pretty well anyway and it was just braindead & lazy from Ritchie to plow straight into him regardless of the fact contact was minimal (knee to knee iirc). Second was stonewall and equally braindead. I was sitting counting, 2-3-4... why are you still holding him?

Summed up our performance as lazy today... Almiron, Lascelles & ASM grafted, Dubravka was without fault... but other than those guys we were lazy. I blame Bruce mostly mind as the likes of Fernandez & Manquillo shouldn't have been out there. They've got nothing left in the tank having played pretty much every minute since the restart. Schar should have played CB with M.Longstaff or Bentaleb in CM.

The first pen could be considered soft, but it was still a pen imo.

Exactly. Bruce complaining they were both soft and what is the point in technology. They are still penalties, whether they are soft or not. VAR is going to go by the letter of the law not whether they think its bloody soft lol

Glad I didn't wake up hella early to watch this.

Yep! Just finished watching Chelsea/Sheff. Utd., remembered we'd "played" in the early timeslot and came in here to see if it was worth watching. Looks like my afternoon is free. Too bad it's 96F outside.

Embarrassing to watch that second half - piss poor defending for both penalties, to call it grassroots level would be a disservice to that level. There is too many players that are not good enough with poor performances being rewarded with playing time due to a lack of quality on the bench or in reserve. I thought Shelvey was anonymous and over the last few games has looked off the pace with a poor touch and minimal involvement. Schar does not have the awareness to play in midfield and again does not look interested.

They need to get out the habit of playing backwards as sadly we're not good enough to do it and it leads to mistakes - the Deeney chance which luckily he missed.

Someone posted earlier that we play with no game plan and this is bang on.  We actually just seem to react to whatever the opposition do.  We do not press, don't hit on the break and the overall movement of the team is non existent.  When we have possession it's like give it to Saint and hope for the best.  I actually think we have some good players but we play with no direction or plan.  That's all down to coaching and management.  I really wish we could sack Bruce with immediate effect, that's what I feel about him right now.  A total fraud who appears to have LOTS of friends in the media brainwashing people.

I said there was no plan, as soon as we get the ball they just pressed us to the half way line and let us kick it about in front of them, then it's sideways, backwards, sideways, back to the keeper, hoof and defend, so predictable, so easy to play against, they figured us out after 30 minutes and Bruce couldn't change it.

Was talking about it last night against samptime. The plan is to stick 10 behind the ball, and hope the other team makes a mistake and get them on counter. Pure cowardice aimed at trying not to lose rather than win. Apparently this made me a moron though.  :fool:

I really wouldn’t pay any mind to him. He’s really just a voice in the wilderness with maybe one other poster who agrees with him.

He’s decent in the games thread though :shrug:

Listen up you Fanny. He said Carver played better football than Bruce because sometimes under Carver we had more than 35% possession. I provided evidence that is the last 7 games excluding City we had 45% to 62% possession. We also had 52% possession against Watford today.

I am not accepting incorrect factual information. Make your argument fine but don't lie about stats to make your argument. Misinformation is snide and unacceptable.

Embarrassing to watch that second half - piss poor defending for both penalties, to call it grassroots level would be a disservice to that level. There is too many players that are not good enough with poor performances being rewarded with playing time due to a lack of quality on the bench or in reserve. I thought Shelvey was anonymous and over the last few games has looked off the pace with a poor touch and minimal involvement. Schar does not have the awareness to play in midfield and again does not look interested.

They need to get out the habit of playing backwards as sadly we're not good enough to do it and it leads to mistakes - the Deeney chance which luckily he missed.

Someone posted earlier that we play with no game plan and this is bang on.  We actually just seem to react to whatever the opposition do.  We do not press, don't hit on the break and the overall movement of the team is non existent.  When we have possession it's like give it to Saint and hope for the best.  I actually think we have some good players but we play with no direction or plan.  That's all down to coaching and management.  I really wish we could sack Bruce with immediate effect, that's what I feel about him right now.  A total fraud who appears to have LOTS of friends in the media brainwashing people.

I said there was no plan, as soon as we get the ball they just pressed us to the half way line and let us kick it about in front of them, then it's sideways, backwards, sideways, back to the keeper, hoof and defend, so predictable, so easy to play against, they figured us out after 30 minutes and Bruce couldn't change it.

Was talking about it last night against samptime. The plan is to stick 10 behind the ball, and hope the other team makes a mistake and get them on counter. Pure cowardice aimed at trying not to lose rather than win. Apparently this made me a moron though.  :fool:

I really wouldn’t pay any mind to him. He’s really just a voice in the wilderness with maybe one other poster who agrees with him.

Listen up you Fanny. He said Carver played better football than Bruce because sometimes under Carver we had more than 35% possession. I provided evidence that is the last 7 games excluding City we had 45% to 62% possession. We also had 52% possession against Watford today.

I am not accepting incorrect factual information. Make your argument fine but don't lie about stats to make your argument. Misinformation is snide and unacceptable.

Long and the short of it is as bad as Carver was and he was dire mind, he still served up better football than we've seen this season.

The stuff this year for the majority ( a few recent games aside which seem to be the whole basis of your 'facts') has been some of the poorest most consistently cowardly and embarrassing performances  I've seen in 30 odd years.

Plus, calling someone a fanny because they disagree with you does not make your deluded opinion more valid. It suggests pure defensiveness which suggests you agree with them at heart but don't want to admit for whatever reason you might be holding dear to yourself. You're not Alex Bruce are you?  ;D

Long and the short of it is as bad as Carver was and he was dire mind, he still served up better football than we've seen this season.

The stuff this year for the majority ( a few recent games aside which seem to be the whole basis of your 'facts') has been some of the poorest most consistently cowardly and embarrassing performances  I've seen in 30 odd years.

Plus, calling someone a fanny because they disagree with you does not make your deluded opinion more valid

You literally said Carver played better football because sometimes we had more than 35% possession under him. I haven't looked back throughout the season. I looked back over our last 8 games excluding City and we had much more possession than 35% in every single game. Therefore proving your point wrong.

The fucking Twilight zone here. Carver lost 8 in a row. We were pure garbage under him.

LV: no hiding on this one. Do you agree that we played better football under Carver?

Guest godzilla

Embarrassing to watch that second half - p*ss poor defending for both penalties, to call it grassroots level would be a disservice to that level. There is too many players that are not good enough with poor performances being rewarded with playing time due to a lack of quality on the bench or in reserve. I thought Shelvey was anonymous and over the last few games has looked off the pace with a poor touch and minimal involvement. Schar does not have the awareness to play in midfield and again does not look interested.

Plus, calling someone a fanny because they disagree with you does not make your deluded opinion more valid

You literally said Carver played better football because sometimes we had more than 35% possession under him. I haven't looked back throughout the season. I looked back over our last 8 games excluding City and we had much more possession than 35% in every single game. Therefore proving your point wrong.

The f***ing Twilight zone here. Carver lost 8 in a row. We were pure garbage under him.

LV: no hiding on this one. Do you agree that we played better football under Carver?

Howay man comparing Carver against Bruce like comparing Freddy Kruger against Jason Voorhees

The fucking Twilight zone here. Carver lost 8 in a row. We were pure garbage under him.

Once again....Yes carver was absolutely shite, but he still had better football than this team. Yes results were worse, but at least you could see what they were trying (but failing) to do.

Results wise Carver was as bad as it gets, but it was still more entertaining and hopeful than the bilge that is being sent out week after week this season

We’re at the point that the best comparison to Bruce is easily the worst manager in our history, yet some people still feel he’s done a good job.

I would say it's a reasonable and fair comparison having watched this season

If Gjohnson had said: we had played shite football under Bruce with the odd good games, that's fair enough.

I'm not accepting the argument that we played better football under John Carver. We were comfortable mid table when he took over and nearly got fucking relegated man. 8 fucking losses in a row. 3 wins in 20 games. THREE FUCKING WINS.  :lol:

We’re at the point that the best comparison to Bruce is easily the worst manager in our history, yet some people still feel he’s done a good job.

You agree with him? Better football under Carver?

I can’t remember tbh. I’d say it’s comparable though, but luckily ASM and Almiron have flashes of brilliance.