Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

15 minutes ago, Viana said:

Worst signed XI I can remember from my time. 

Sels 

Gamez  Yanga-Mbiwa Boumsong Lazaar 

Colback   Hendrick 

Thauvin                                       Obertan
                    Riviere   Muto           

Riviere was Romario compared to Rob Macdonald

Love how the title has immediately changed to him just being at Southampton on loan. Just proper gaslighting anyone who comes on here having not seen the news.

Fraser is at Southampton on loan. He's always been at Southampton on loan. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just in general that month. Was nominated for PL Player of the Month. 

Cant remember which game it was after but in the post match interview he was asked something like 'if you play the same next week you'll do well?' and he responded "Play the same? Play better!" I was like who the fuck is this?! :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I remember when I was 10 and having been completely spoiled by Micky Quinn, David Kelly and Andy Cole, stupidly thought Paul Kitson was absolutely terrible. 

He wasn't great though.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I remember when I was 10 and having been completely spoiled by Micky Quinn, David Kelly and Andy Cole, stupidly thought Paul Kitson was absolutely terrible. 

I can't tell you how excited I was that we were trying to sign Kitson, thought he was great at Derby and Leicester and would be brilliant up top with Cole and Beardsley behind. Then he messed us about and left without signing (he later did anyway but wasn't great).

I still recall the headline in the mirror "It's Paul Twitson" as he drove away without signing over some small cash thing :lol:

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Cant remember which game it was after but in the post match interview he was asked something like 'if you play the same next week you'll do well?' and he responded "Play the same? Play better!" I was like who the fuck is this?! :lol: 

I remember his interview after his goal in Saudi Arabia. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

That fucking header in to the ground over the bar from about 6 yards out against Man Utd makes the decision for me.

His miss from about a yard out against Forest in 94/95 is probably the most I've ever abused a player. In my mind it's worse the De Jong miss.

Edited by Kid Icarus

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

An XI that only makes sense if you're like 26 years old 

Ha, I'd wager I'm older than you. 

There's definitely some recency bias in mine, but in all honesty, I wasn't able to see games as regularly in the 90s/early 00s outside of highlights on MOTD or what was on telly. I don't have strong memories of the likes of Marcelino/Pistone/Maric. I've read they were shite, but I saw flashes, so I'm not going to profess I had enough evidence to outweigh the more recent picks. Could probably have thrown the likes of Luque or Bramble in there, but I tried to pick players I genuinely thought to be poor footballers and not those that had a poor spell with us. 

Edited by Viana

Even Malcolm Allan tbh, he was quality. He's low down in the Keegan striker tier list, probably above Mathie and Huckerby.

Still though, the Ashley era showed me what shit strikers truly look like and Kitson was excellent compared to Xisco, Riviere etc

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Even Malcolm Allan tbh, he was quality. He's low down in the Keegan striker tie list, probably above Mathie and Huckerby.

Still though, the Ashley era showed me what shit strikers truly look like and Kitson was excellent compared to Xisco, Riviere etc

Loved Malcolm Allen, fearless and committed little radge who scored a fair few and loved his time at the club. 

11 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I can't tell you how excited I was that we were trying to sign Kitson, thought he was great at Derby and Leicester and would be brilliant up top with Cole and Beardsley behind. Then he messed us about and left without signing (he later did anyway but wasn't great).

I still recall the headline in the mirror "It's Paul Twitson" as he drove away without signing over some small cash thing :lol:

Didn't we sign him because we sold Cole ? The rumour was Sir Les coming but QPR went on a bad run and wouldn't let him leave due to relegation fears so we bought Kitson.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Loved Malcolm Allen, fearless and committed little radge who scored a fair few and loved his time at the club. 

Aye, really liked him as well. One of the underrated players (along with Ruel Fox imo) from the Keegan era. What a time man, we were truly blessed.

Think Alan Smith was one of the worst players I remember for us. Genuinely was awful. Rivière is the worst striker that I can recall in my lifetime. Obertan was an appalling footballer, perhaps had the worst technique I can think of from a winger that has played for us

1 minute ago, madras said:

Didn't we sign him because we sold Cole ? The rumour was Sir Les coming but QPR went on a bad run and wouldn't let him leave due to relegation fears so we bought Kitson.

I remember him playing with Cole, signed in Autumn 94 I think

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Think Alan Smith was one of the worst players I remember for us. Genuinely was awful. Rivière is the worst striker that I can recall in my lifetime. Obertan was an appalling footballer, perhaps had the worst technique I can think of from a winger that has played for us

Obertan is the most confidence player I think I've ever seen. Build up his confidence and he could take on the world, fail to pass him the salt and he'd miss tap ins for fun. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

And his mate nicky butt