Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

49 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I would like to see if any of the folks slating him (or any 'greedy' player) for seeing his contract out would actually turn down just over 3.5m per year (before tax) on principle/pride. Which is what they're asking Fraser to do. 

I'd play for free, me. 

He did pretty well when he came into the team in 21-22, in truth. Kept out both Almiron and Murphy for a time. 

Not sure exactly what has happened but I reckon he could still do a job in the PL if the application is there. 

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

He did pretty well when he came into the team in 21-22, in truth. Kept out both Almiron and Murphy for a time. 

Not sure exactly what has happened but I reckon he could still do a job in the PL if the application is there. 

Luton or Sheff United maybe, but even then I doubt it.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

I'd play for free, me. 

Of course you would- you’re a fan. Would you go and do your job for free though? I know I wouldn’t. Nor would I move jobs and lose millions of £’s unless I had to, especially if I only had a few more years left to work and hopefully a long time to live after that. 

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Of course you would- you’re a fan. Would you go and do your job for free though? I know I wouldn’t. Nor would I move jobs and lose millions of £’s unless I had to, especially if I only had a few more years left to work and hopefully a long time to live after that. 

wormy doesn’t eat bacon or use toothpaste because theyre red and white. 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We’ve each got our own values and the difference isn’t critical; such as between having enough money for the rest of your life, or not having enough money for the rest of your life. It is just robbing a living where you’re not needed or wanted vs. recouping less but actually earning a living by doing what you’re good at. Personally, I think he’d find it a lot easier to look at himself in the mirror with the latter approach to his ‘career’. 

It's not robbing a living at all. The club voluntarily offered him a contract and he accepted it. It works both ways.

A quick google suggests he's on 60k a week - £3.2 million a year. The idea that just because he is already very well off he should forfeit £6.4 million pounds (obviously he'd be paid at a champ club, but much less), is laughable. You wouldn't do that with your employer so don't expect him to. 

Fraser is a good player, and he’d probably work well in Howe’s system as it stands.

Personally, I never expected him to do that though given how things ended at Bournemouth. Howe can say it’s all in the past, but I don’t think he’d trust someone he feels such a schism with in terms of character and sacrifice. 

5 hours ago, wormy said:

I'd play for free, me. 

I'd play for free, of course. If the options were 'play for free' or 'don't play for free'

But his other option is 'don't play for £70k/week 

When those are the choices, pass me the TV remote. 

4 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

It's not robbing a living at all. The club voluntarily offered him a contract and he accepted it. It works both ways.

A quick google suggests he's on 60k a week - £3.2 million a year. The idea that just because he is already very well off he should forfeit £6.4 million pounds (obviously he'd be paid at a champ club, but much less), is laughable. You wouldn't do that with your employer so don't expect him to. 

I’ll expect what I like, you sanctimonious git.

Like I said people have different values. For example, some people are self-centred arseholes who think the world owes them a living, and when things don’t work out, it is always somebody else’s fault.

Others have a fairer approach and a better work ethic. I know nothing about Fraser’s values beyond what I see and his behaviour can lead people to assume. He is not good enough for the job he was  contracted to do. He is a drain on our funds which prevents those funds being put to better use. I think he should do one. He’d likely be happier for it in the long run.

Nobody is just going to give up millions of pounds, which is basically what you are suggesting he do. The clubs who would be signing him (Celtic, upper Championship clubs) would be expecting him to take a pay cut of around 80-90% to fit into their pay structures. 

The only way he's leaving is on a heavily subsidised deal. And then it's not just on the player - it's down to the club to find a move that is the best economically for the club. We will be holding on right until the end of the window to see what deal presents the most favourably.

25 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He is a drain on our funds which prevents those funds being put to better use. I think he should do one. He’d likely be happier for it in the long run.

No he wouldn't. :lol: 

He's only crime here is signing a contract that was put in front of him. 

5 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

Just imagine if there was a club out there signing a whole squad of players on 8 year contracts on lot higher salaries... Would hate to see them  in this position with 5 or 6 they can't shift 🤞

2 hours ago, OptimusSlime said:

I think he’s a terrible footballer and I’m not remotely surprised we are stuck with him.

He’s not like. He’s now below our level but he’s not terrible. 

...and he was contracted to help a club bobble along just above the relegation zone in perpetuity. Which he was good enough for the last time we played him. But the club is now, rightly, aiming higher.

it's not about the world owing him a living, just the club owing him the contract it voluntarily committed to. If he's not willing to put in the modicum of effort required to get a result that makes everyone happy e.g. getting his wages made up by NUFC while playing for someone like Middlesbrough, that's another story.

8 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Nobody is just going to give up millions of pounds, which is basically what you are suggesting he do. The clubs who would be signing him (Celtic, upper Championship clubs) would be expecting him to take a pay cut of around 80-90% to fit into their pay structures. 

The only way he's leaving is on a heavily subsidised deal. And then it's not just on the player - it's down to the club to find a move that is the best economically for the club. We will be holding on right until the end of the window to see what deal presents the most favourably.

image.thumb.png.ca354da9f4e539327d51acc434ba590f.png

If you're Fraser and got the chance of a season in Serie A while still earning his £60k a week he surely goes there. At the very worst, he ends up back at Aberdeen or someone like Hearts or Hibs in a couple of years, but if he's on a free in a couple of years, you could see Rangers or Celtic back in for him.

Edited by Optimistic Nut