Callum Wilson set to miss the first 3–5 games of the season due to back issue (Gazette)

Strawberry

8 minutes ago, 80 said:

Now or in January?

Now - not really, no (depending on any incoming).

January - happy isn't the word, but it could be the way to make the best of our circumstances.

How much is someone paying for a 33 year old with injuries and 6 months left on their contract? You are talking 4-5m max

50 minutes ago, TRC said:

How much is someone paying for a 33 year old with injuries and 6 months left on their contract? You are talking 4-5m max

Trying to avoid this conversation being overly PSR-driven...... But I agree we probably wouldn't get much at all for him.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Trying to avoid this conversation being overly PSR-driven...... But I agree we probably wouldn't get much at all for him.

He has to be willing to move as well, with six month remaining why agree to it when you could get a signing bonus to mitigate the wage drop he will no doubt have to make when he does move.

15 minutes ago, Hudson said:

He has to be willing to move as well, with six month remaining why agree to it when you could get a signing bonus to mitigate the wage drop he will no doubt have to make when he does move.

Certainly. The only thing is, with his injury history he might want to make sure he gets a job rather than having a long spell out of a club altogether. But many if not most would take the gamble, for sure.

4 hours ago, Erikse said:

His pace must be taking a real hit with all these injuries, especially considering his age.

It looked just about gone in the second half of last season when he actually managed to play.

2 hours ago, 80 said:

save on the wages though - what's he on? £100k a week?

5 minutes ago, duo said:

save on the wages though - what's he on? £100k a week?

We don't know - one of those super reliable websites says £40k but I'd expect it's a good chunk more than that. Probably not £100k though, I'd guess. Split the difference, basically.

Edited by 80

Just now, 80 said:

We don't know - one of those super reliable websites says £40k but I'd expect it's a good chunk more than that. Probably not £100k though, I'd guess. Split the difference, basically.

https://salarysport.com/football/player/callum-wilson/ - says £110k :bob:

How true - who knows.  But Calum just takes up precious budget that could be used elsewhere if he's just constantly in the physio room.

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It looked just about gone in the second half of last season when he actually managed to play.

I said exactly that last season. He finishing and positioning is still spot on though. 

We ain’t going to be able to sell him and if we can get 10-15 games (incl bench time) from him this season I’d be happy tbh. 

Last Dance season hopefully, if he’d been fit for start of season we might have got ok money for him. 

Really want him to have cracking season and help the new lad.

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

How could anyone be happy with that?

Just some people seem desperate to shift him on, if he goes I do not think we would sign a replacement!