Callum Wilson

Strawberry

2 minutes ago, CPL said:

Hypothetically speaking, if Man Utd offered 15-20million, would you sell? 

Nope. Would give him to Ipswich for free though. 

44 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s like a cycle a few times a season. He’s fit and scores and people say don’t sell, then he inevitably gets another injury and people say sell him. This summer represents the last chance to get some money for him. He should be sold imo.

I’ve always maintained that we should keep him. 

You don’t get backup strikers as good as Wilson easily. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You get ones that are reliable in terms of fitness across a full season, though 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We had that with Wood. Lots of people hated him. 

36m euros gets you a backup like Nicholas Jackson. 

Exactly. I hope he stays! 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We had that with Wood. Lots of people hated him. 

36m euros gets you a backup like Nicholas Jackson. 

True, though Wood was absolutely shite and being available shouldn't mean they aren't good

Wood and Wilson are canny old, you'd hope there'd be a few young, talented and hopefully non injury-pone strikers we've scouted and could consider 

Personally I wish we got Joao Pedro, think he was 35m and would have probably fitted quite well in the team when Isak has been injured 

6 minutes ago, janpawel said:

True, though Wood was absolutely shite and being available shouldn't mean they aren't good

Wood and Wilson are canny old, you'd hope there'd be a few young, talented and hopefully non injury-pone strikers we've scouted and could consider 

Personally I wish we got Joao Pedro, think he was 35m and would have probably fitted quite well in the team when Isak has been injured 

You want us to pay 35m for a player to sit on the bench?

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

No, but if we have 2 strikers and a Gordon etc as back up, dont you want them both to be reliable? 

If we could get a decent fee for a 30+ year old Wilson and replace him with an understoody to Isak, who'd presumably be able to support and learn across the 50-60 games we play, I'd think we'd be in a better position, if not short term then definitely long term imo

Plus, Isak always seems knackered after 60 mins and has his own injury issues this season, there's a massive role for our second striker to play, whether Wilson or a new one 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Literally had one sitting on the bench for most of the season despite the worst injury crisis we have ever had.

Edit: I know Hall was 28m before anyone pipes up. 

Edited by CPL

11 minutes ago, CPL said:

Literally had one sitting on the bench for most of the season despite the worst injury crisis we have ever had.

Edit: I know Hall was 28m before anyone pipes up. 

And everyone was upset. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

That’s what we’ve done with Barnes.

True. For the money - I don’t think that makes sense either. 

If we’ve got £35m to spend on a backup striker. A RW. A CB. LB. 

Edited by The College Dropout

Sell if the right offer comes in, BUT, don't dismiss the tried and tested experience. Wilson, fit, almost guarantees goals; a young but skilled younger man will miss more than Callum would.

1 hour ago, CPL said:

Yes.

With amortisation, that would easily be able to buy us someone like David on a 5 year contract. It would pay for the 1st season of that amortisation straight away.

You could argue that we will strengthen a rival, but we would easily replace him with that kind of money, and as we all know, he can’t do a full season.

If it wasn't for the fitness concerns, the idea of losing Wilson should be anathema.  He's my favourite 'traditional' NUFC no. 9 after Shearer.

He is just too injury prone.  If his fitness could be managed - and he accepts that he's second fiddle to Isak - then great; he should stay.  But I don't have a great deal of faith in our sports science and physio team off the back of this season.

3 hours ago, CPL said:

I'd rather sell my brain to the Mackems 

14 minutes ago, jass346 said:

How has he suddenly looked like he's gained an extra yard of pace.

Fully fit for the first time in years?

3 hours ago, Away Toon said:

That’s what we’ve done with Barnes.

Part of that is because he got hurt early and for an extended period of time. I think he's quite an efficient footballer and would have been very much welcomed into the squad as a regular.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Said it time and time again myself. Yes he’s very injury prone, due to this, he’ll probably always have to rotate with another striker whatever club he goes to. We could possibly have Minteh coming back who can slot in there. Or if he isn’t, I’d rather take a punt on someone young and cheap as a back-up to him and Isak. 

Played really well today and I enjoyed seeing him and Isak play together for once.