Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

What a brilliant game yesterday, so much fun again. Hopefully it's not a mirage, since we were quite impotent against Sevilla just a few days prior.

And yes, we have some very nice youngsters.

I said it at the start of the season that in no way was it all doom and gloom at Barca - there is so much to work with talent wise - just needs a coach to do his job and Barca should be ok

VI you think Garcia, Wijnaldum and Depay will be your signings in the summer? All on a free isn’t bad (need to ship out Coutinho/Pjamic and the like)

It all depends on whether Koeman lasts the season. We have an election this March and depending on who wins (and how Barça ends the season) he'll stay or not. If he stays he'll probably get his guys.

As for Koeman's chances, the frontrunner (Laporta) has said Koeman will stay if he does a good job the remainder of the season. If there's an upset and Victor Font wins, Xavi will be most likely appointed.

What about Messi's future? Does he favour 1 candidate over the other? As in, if Laporta wins is he more likely to stay? Or vice versa.

I honestly have no idea. He surely has more rapport with Laporta, but I think he's made up his mind already and will say so once we are out of the CL/La Liga.

I'm just guessing really but if they manage to not get embarrassed in the CL and have a good end to the La Liga season I think he'll stay

Barnsley two up at Brentford. Wouldn't rule them out as a promotion dark horse in the next two or three years;  it's a well run club.

They have done really well this season. Them and Rotherham have spent the majority of the last few years being too good for League One, and nowhere near good enough for the Championship. Maybe finally they have built a squad good enough for the Championship.

If they came up they absolutely need to do something with Oakwell, because it’s just a dump.

The Championship has the potential to be a massive league for South Yorkshire next year.

Let’s say Sheffield Wednesday survive, Sheffield United go down as expected, and Doncaster could easily come up. You could also have Hull back up which isn’t that far away, and then also Lincoln.

They'll come back and win, but mad how repetitive this pattern is for them. Surely there's something missing in their preparation.

Heard Ole’s pre match is usually just doing the Sharpie Shuffle to the 1994 cup final song.

Taking advantage of KDB’s absence

At the moment imo:

Gundogan >> Fernandes >> KDB

Gundogan is in serious goalscoring form but isn't creating anywhere near the level of the others.

Bruno has 14 goals and 9 assists in 24 games. None of them hold a candle to that, never mind what he brings with defensive work and influence.

Bruno, KDB and Grealish are the best players in the league currently, but Bruno has been the best player in the league since his arrival and its not even close.

I’d have grealish first personally, he’s playing with a worse squad than all three of them

City have a much better side than us too to be fair. If that's a way to judge then that puts Bruno even further ahead of KDB.

Guest neesy111

Taking advantage of KDB’s absence

At the moment imo:

Gundogan >> Fernandes >> KDB

Gundogan is in serious goalscoring form but isn't creating anywhere near the level of the others.

Bruno has 14 goals and 9 assists in 24 games. None of them hold a candle to that, never mind what he brings with defensive work and influence.

Bruno, KDB and Grealish are the best players in the league currently, but Bruno has been the best player in the league since his arrival and its not even close.

City are playing most games without a recognized centre forward so he's filling in that role at times.

Depends really, Grealish is the best of the lot in key passes, and you obviously won't get conversion rates as high in lesser teams.  Literally hadn't realised amongst the madness that Kane has 13 goals and 11 assists lol, that's obscene

Kane and Son are both ridiculous as well. Wilson deserves a shout with his numbers under Bruce no? You can tell me that.

Yeah, I'd rather watch Grealish, possibly rather him play for my team; but I think it's hard to argue with Froggy's point that Fernandes has been the best player in the league pretty much from the moment he arrived.

Feel like I've had this discussion about 50 times though so not sure why I'm participating  :lol: