Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Is Rooney legit? He’s done pretty damn well at this job 

He seems tactically decent tbf and he has my respect for staying there when he could've easily walked away when they were docked points. They'd be 15th, 8 points off a playoff spot if not for the points deductions.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Is Rooney legit? He’s done pretty damn well at this job 

Said all season he’s doing a remarkable job. Even discounting the 21 point deduction, he’s had to pull together a team of youngsters and players nobody else wanted.

The club have been in absolute crisis and to have them sitting 15th (without the points deduction) is fantastic.

If they continue as they are, they’ll be pushing by the end of the season to get out of it. Hull, Cardiff and Reading could kill any momentum Derby are building if they keep getting points mind.

Not sure if he’s a good manager or just a good motivator though… time will tell.

They like him fwiw, although they properly loved Lampard.

I try and watch as many of their games as I can but I don't see anything in their style of play that makes me think Rooney is all that. He's clearly a motivator, which is more than you can say about some PL managers over the last few years tbh.