Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

I still refuse to believe it's a foregone conclusion that Fernandes is a better player than de Bruyne now and has been for 'quite some time'

Refuse all you want. He's outperformed him in every area and we've out performed City. Not sure what is there to argue. You can hang by the 'quite some time' comment all you want but it's been for as long as he's been in the league.

Feels a vital Xmas period for Man Utd. Leeds, Leicester, Wolves, Villa. Tough run. Can they pick up 3 wins? If they do, they're right in the mix for the title.

We're not winning the title. We're still too inconsistent. Still a young team though that is improving all the time.

Would be happy with 8 points from the 4 games you've mentioned.

Feels a vital Xmas period for Man Utd. Leeds, Leicester, Wolves, Villa. Tough run. Can they pick up 3 wins? If they do, they're right in the mix for the title.

We're not winning the title. We're still too inconsistent. Still a young team though that is improving all the time.

I don't think they'll win the title, but Liverpool have won once away all season. They've dropped points away to Brighton and Fulham recently.

I'm not ruling anything out.

I don't think they'll win the title, but Liverpool have won once away all season. They've dropped points away to Brighton and Fulham recently.

I'm not ruling anything out.

I feels very difficult to truly gauge anyone's form this season because everyone is so inconsistent and there's no real stand out performer.

Bruno and Ole may not have won trophies, and in many cases appear to have a serious aversion to them, but they have won the hearts and minds of stat fans across the land with their massive stonks. It's simply not fair to other so-called teams like Crystal Palace, Arsenal and other PL scum. In Europe, how can frauds and stains on the game like Istanbul Başakşehir or Sevilla be expected to compete with such greatness. They simply cannot. We must end this injustice. In fact it actually disrespectful to expect two titans of humanity to be expected to take the field against such non-entities. It's like The Nanjing Massacre repeated in the sporting arena.

It is no surprise that the bias Belgian mafia that has infiltrated UEFA and the do-gooders at the FA have tried to derail these humanitarian heroes. The closure of Old Trafford must go down as one of the biggest injustices ever to happen, it is truly disgusting and scholars of the future will look back aghast at how this was allowed to happen.

Even in an off season for KDB which this is, he has more league assists. Sure fernandes has more goals, cba to look it up but how many are pens? And generally he just isn’t as good a footballer and can’t do the things KDB can do

De Bruyne doesn't have any goals this season from open play. :lol: :lol: Bruno has scored 4 from open play and 3 penalties. Bruno is a wonderful footballer and can do everything De Bruyne can do. Anyone who thinks otherwise simply doesn't watch him. The defence splitting passes he plays every game are incredible.

I never said Bruno is a better player, but since he has come into the league he has outperformed De Bruyne in goals (pens and open play goals), assists and we've outperformed City. Not sure what there is to argue, but I'm sure you'll find something.

Bruno and Ole may not have won trophies, and in many cases appear to have a serious aversion to them, but they have won the hearts and minds of stat fans across the land with their massive stonks. It's simply not fair to other so-called teams like Crystal Palace, Arsenal and other PL scum. In Europe, how can frauds and stains on the game like Istanbul Başakşehir or Sevilla be expected to compete with such greatness. They simply cannot. We must end this injustice. In fact it actually disrespectful to expect two titans of humanity to be expected to take the field against such non-entities. It's like The Nanjing Massacre repeated in the sporting arena.

It is no surprise that the bias Belgian mafia that has infiltrated UEFA and the do-gooders at the FA have tried to derail these humanitarian heroes. The closure of Old Trafford must go down as one of the biggest injustices ever to happen, it is truly disgusting and scholars of the future will look back aghast at how this was allowed to happen.

Yes lets judge a player who has been here 10 months across 2 seasons on trophies, or a manager who has only managed 1 full season on trophies in England. I assume you mean England anyway, as Solksjaer won trophies in Norway, including the first league title in Moldes history.

So incredibly boring. :lol:

Since Fernandes has come into the league has been better though. Why are you focusing on assists this season?  6-4. Yet ignoring goals, 3 7-2? What about last season when Fernandes scored more and assisted more after his debut? Was that an off season too?

Again, not saying he's a better player overall, but since he has come into the league he has been. There's nothing to argue. In pretty much every area he has been better.

I think De Bruyne is unreal for what it's worth. Bruno is a gem too though.

Also this season he has LESS assists in the league than KDB so I don’t know why you keep saying it. If he’s the better player then how is this possible

I've addressed this above. Not sure why you're using just assists and just this season to show De Bruyne is better since Fernandes arrived.

Simply saying 'Bruno is a really good player, someone who can be as good consistently as KDB' = a fair rational point, "he's better than KDB and you can't argue it' + is total hyperbole

This. Likewise going full stats.

Iniesta, Xavi, Modric and countless others would be exposed as bad frauds if you went stats only when anyone with a working brain knows they're class.

Also this season he has LESS assists in the league than KDB so I don’t know why you keep saying it. If he’s the better player then how is this possible

I've addressed this above. Not sure why you're using just assists and just this season to show De Bruyne is better since Fernandes arrived.

I mentioned goals. And you pointed out he has more than KDB, but assists also exist and he has less this season. I'm using this season because you're saying he's a better player right now. So I'm looking at right now.

OK, so right now he contributes more key passes, chances, goals and assists per 90 minutes than KDB does. He has 2 less assists and 5 more goals?

Discos point about Xavi and Iniesta is noted. They're both our engines than make us tick, and since Bruno came into the league he's led us to more points and victories than KDB has at what everyone would suggest is a superior City side.

We're not even talking about defensive work which Bruno is a monster at as well.

He's been the better player since coming into the league, and again I think it can't be argued.

Froggy is actually fully right here and making a lot of people look stupid imo

I'm not even meaning to be argumentative or anything I just can't really see how it can be argued. It's not like I'm arguing Pogba is better. :lol:

I'm not even meaning to be argumentative or anything I just can't really see how it can be argued. It's not like I'm arguing Pogba is better. :lol:

Have to agree. Froggy is right (as usual) and he is taking home a big win.

Because KDB is going to be remembered as one of the PL's best ever midfielders and to say that Bruno is a better player and that it can't be argued is insane. You are also cherry picking your stats, I agree he has more goals, but you keep saying it can't be argued that he's not better, but he factually does not have more assists, he literally doesnt. How is that arguable?

Literally one second of googling?

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_created

Thats KDB on 10 and bruno below Harry Kane on 8. Also Che Adams is above Grealish, is he a better player, no he isn't. So that's one pretty useful metric he's third in the league at.

I'm not cherry picking. You keep cherry picking this season. :lol: But sure add in assists, goals and key chances created, Bruno is still contributing more. I've no idea what you're trying to get at. KDB is one of the best, if not the best midfielder the league has ever seen. It has nothing to do with what I've said. Since Bruno has come in he's been better. It's like me comparing Jay Rodriguez to Giggs in his final season. I'm not talking about their entire careers ffs.

Imagine if Bruno had Aguero/Jesus/Mahrez feeding off him too. It would be carnage.

Ironically Pogba, it could be argued, has a higher ceiling than both. He just can't produce it.

You said he's been better since coming into the league, here's 2019

https://www.squawka.com/en/most-chances-created-premier-league-2019-2020/

Bruno didn't debut til February man. :lol:

:lol: yes I know which is why you can't keep saying that he's "inarguably been better" because there is not full season comparison for the first season. You can't extrapolate data out to a whole season when they sample size is smaller, that's not how it works. You can only go off the actual; stats. And even this season that you're claiming he's so much better he's behind him in key metrics

I simply said since he debuted he has been better than De Bruyne. He has. You keep cherry picking this season, and keep ignoring GOALS.

Since Bruno came into the league in February, per minute he has contributed more and he has been more integral to his team. He has won more individual awards. His team has won more, lost less.

It is undeniable. Nothing else to say.

Ironically Pogba, it could be argued, has a higher ceiling than both. He just can't produce it.

I really don't think so. He's getting praised for his last few games but he loses the ball in ridiculous areas and puts us under serious pressure. I'd like to see him sold and VDB be in the starting 11 and the money invested in CB or RW.

You said he's been better since coming into the league, here's 2019

https://www.squawka.com/en/most-chances-created-premier-league-2019-2020/

Bruno didn't debut til February man. :lol:

:lol: yes I know which is why you can't keep saying that he's "inarguably been better" because there is not full season comparison for the first season. You can't extrapolate data out to a whole season when they sample size is smaller, that's not how it works. You can only go off the actual; stats. And even this season that you're claiming he's so much better he's behind him in key metrics

I simply said since he debuted he has been better than De Bruyne. He has. You keep cherry picking this season, and keep ignoring GOALS.

Since Bruno came into the league in February, per minute he has contributed more and he has been more integral to his team. He has won more individual awards. His team has won more, lost less.

It is undeniable. Nothing else to say.

:lol: ignoring goals that I've literally mentioned in the first post i made :lol: Okay doke, I'm out. Bruno is better than KDB. A totally fair and rational opinion.

He has been since his debut, that's all I've tried to say.

Guest Howaythetoon

OGS is doing a good job at Man Utd if you accept they are not a powerhouse anymore and are in a transitional phase as a whole club. He just can’t seem to get the balance right consistently, they are either defensively strong or free scoring, if he marries the two, they are serious challengers. Pogba needs sold and they need to get a dominant centre-half in. A Kante and a Grealish or Maddison in the midfield as well and they’d be quite formidable. I’d sell De Gea too, they could get quite a bit of money for him and use that towards a world-class CB or 2 if they also sold Pogba.