Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Barnsley a point outside of the playoffs with a game in hand as it stands.

Interesting club, the managers they choose them seem quite left field but the last 2 have done a brilliant job.

Them and Brentford the most interesting Championship clubs for me

Interesting club, the managers they choose them seem quite left field but the last 2 have done a brilliant job.

Barnsley are part of a group of clubs a bit like Brentford hence the more leftfield managers and players.

Barnsley are part of a group of clubs a bit like Brentford hence the more leftfield managers and players.

They use a moneyball type system I think, would love to see one of them come up to see how it fares in the Prem

This might sound ridiculous but City aren't very clinical are they? That was absolutely appalling just then.

I feel for their absurd levels of domination and situations they get into, they should probably score more.

Guest neesy111

This might sound ridiculous but City aren't very clinical are they? That was absolutely appalling just then.

I feel for their absurd levels of domination and situations they get into, they should probably score more.

No, they are quite wasteful.

Was thinking this earlier, and how they've been able to come up with a style of play where they dont play with a centre forward as such and have kind of got Jesus to play a bit more Firminho-ish. I think probably because Jesus just cant be an Aguero. Got me thinking what happens when Aguero is back. Do they need to change style to accommodate him now? They create so many chances at the minute you'd think Aguero coming in would convert a bucket load. But would they create as many chances with Aguero not floating as much as Jesus is doing?

Probably nonsense really. Even if they create less chances than they do now but have Aguero front and centre then they probably end up scoring more anyway.

Was thinking this earlier, and how they've been able to come up with a style of play where they dont play with a centre forward as such and have kind of got Jesus to play a bit more Firminho-ish. I think probably because Jesus just cant be an Aguero. Got me thinking what happens when Aguero is back. Do they need to change style to accommodate him now? They create so many chances at the minute you'd think Aguero coming in would convert a bucket load. But would they create as many chances with Aguero not floating as much as Jesus is doing?

Probably nonsense really. Even if they create less chances than they do now but have Aguero front and centre then they probably end up scoring more anyway.

Fair chance he’ll be off in the summer IMO.

Nah I get the point. It's because as daft as it sounds, the whole team is involved with every attack. When they go forward, look at where the defenders are - they push up and just completely strangle the opposition. Cancelo moves into midfield, one of the forwards drops wide, it must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

It's not like Gladbach here aren't trying to press them, City are moving it in such a ridiculous metronomic way and with such variety that you literally don't even know who to press next. Ridiculous.