Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

The midfield depth is starting to look a bit ropey.

Don't trust Willock to stay fit. Longstaff really put me off him last season a lot, and Miley is still so young.

Be interesting to see what we do there.

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Feeding talents to Brighton & Nottingham Forest :lol: Small time as fuck.

Wonder if Man Utd fans said the same when we bought Obertan, for example.

One of them has only wore our shirt for a photo shoot and the other one (imo) is not good enough, so hardly like we are selling our star talent 

If he hadn't gotten injured last season it could be a different story, that was his big chance to step to the next level and unfortunately he missed it. 

As it stands, he doesn't have any qualities that we are going to think about next season and say "fuck I wish we had a player who could [whatever] like Elliot Anderson"

Edited by Miercoles

Just now, gjohnson said:

Maybe cos we're finally realising some of the 'talent'we bring through really isn't going to the best thing since Messi?

By all means sell youth players. I'd just like to keep the few ones that have proven to be good enough to play for us.

Just now, Conjo said:

I'm less dissapointed about this one than Minteh too, but Anderson, to me at least, is still our 3rd highest rated talent behind Minteh and Miley and we are now selling two of them. 

Aye, but if he isn't going to be able to contribute to the squad in the long term, and as much as I like that he's one of our own he really isn't, then it makes no sense to hold onto him. Especially when he can help alleviate this PSR issue right now.

Just now, KaKa said:

Don't trust Willock to stay fit. Longstaff really put me off him last season a lot, and Miley is still so young.

Longstaff was injured and had to play without a break.

I think he will be useful next season off the bench.

Maybe we will look at some South American midfielder on the cheap

I really can't help but wonder what Forest see in him and how they plan to use him.

He's been a solid contributor for us when he's played, but it was more of a case of waiting for him to take the next step.

Wonder what grabbed Forest's attention.

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Aye, but if he isn't going to be able to contribute to the squad in the long term, and as much as I like that he's one of our own he really isn't, then it makes no sense to hold onto him. Especially when he can help alleviate this PSR issue right now.

I'm probably different from most on here in that I don't give a shit about psr and whether we get a few points deducted. I think we're going to have a great season regardless.

Just now, Funtime Frankie said:

Longstaff was injured and had to play without a break.

I think he will be useful next season off the bench.

Maybe we will look at some South American midfielder on the cheap

I really hope Longstaff does look better next season. This past one was a struggle.

As things stand, any injury and he's straight in again playing a bunch.

Just now, Conjo said:

By all means sell youth players. I'd just like to keep the few ones that have proven to be good enough to play for us.

In no way shape or form has Anderson proved he's good enough for us.

Never good enough to nail starting position without extreme amount of injuries, and never looked great when called on.

Never done anything wrong, but I can't recall him ever having any sort of impact on a game

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Us begging them to buy him at a cut price would be my guess. :lol:

:lol:

The only way they would go along with that is if we gave them some PSR relief too, by taking someone off them as well I would have thought.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I really can't help but wonder what Forest see in him and how they plan to use him.

He's been a solid contributor for us when he's played, but it was more of a case of waiting for him to take the next step.

Wonder what grabbed Forest's attention.

Charnley supports us doesn't he? Probably told their mad Greek owner that Elliot has a lot of ability and is available fairly cheap.

Just now, Menace said:

Charnley supports us doesn't he? Probably told their mad Greek owner that Elliot has a lot of ability and is available fairly cheap.

Oh my God ... is he actually still there?!

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'm probably different from most on here in that I don't give a shit about psr and whether we get a few points deducted. I think we're going to have a great season regardless.

I agree in that I think we are going to have a great season. However I'm not confident enough to risk a points deduction, pretty sure a 6-10 point deduction will be the difference between Europe and no Europe. And I, and evidently the club, feel that they don't want to risk that just to keep hold of Anderson and Minteh.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

despite the circumstance we’re in and selling such players I’m confident that the midfield before the season kicks off,

will be packed with options we need, but options that can walk on the pitch and prove to be just as big a threat. Ultimately that’s what Eddie Howe wants - it’s not just about the quality of players we have, it’s the right players that fit into the systems Eddie Howe wants to have options with. 

not ideal - not expected, but I still trust things will fall right and I’m sure at least by the end of next week we’ll be getting an idea of just that. 

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

yeah i;m looking really forward to the new season. after years of ashley, its just great getting excited going to games again.

not fucked who we sign as long as none of the big 3 are sold, just desperate for the season to start.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:lol:

The only way they would go along with that is if we gave them some PSR relief too, by taking someone off them as well I would have thought.

I don't think this is necessarily the case, but I do think it has opened lines of communication for deals later in the Summer.. cough *MHW* cough