Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

27 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

:lol: 

I have wondered if that could end up happening- it obviously makes some sense if we're loaning players to that level for it to be local. If we get really good and the gap's really big I could sort of imagine it, or maybe the grief there fans would give would always make it not worth it.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

On 18/04/2022 at 17:11, HTT II said:

I have to admit that montage of Billy posted earlier was a good watch, I know the level isn’t the PL/Championship, and on that montage alone it looks like he’s a level or two above that standard, but you can’t beat actually playing regularly regardless of the level and if you have something about you, you will step up and he clearly has ability, the next step is does he have the attitude, aptitude and the desire to do so. I think that is so important and equal and if not more needed than mere ability alone. I do hope yous go up and we are not desperate for him to rejoin so I’d be happy if he continued his journey with you guys a level up. It’s easy to say loan him to a Championship club or bring him back, again, it’s game time these boys need and if you’re good enough you’re gonna be good enough. If I was him, I’d rather play week in week out for the Gas than an odd substitute appearance in a Cup game for us or sitting on the bench every week. 

This fella is the business, if he can hack the physical part of lg2 football (which he has) and the raw enthusism he has for the game plus good coaching then he could be dynamite for Newcastle United. Sometimes you just have to trust your youth/home grown players! We have in the past and they all had decent careers in the Premiership. 

From Birmingham Post:-

“West Bromwich Albion are one of several Championship clubs interested in securing the services of Newcastle United youngster Elliot Anderson on a loan deal next season.”

Sounds  like a good idea…send him out to Bruce, to improve his tactical knowledge and increase his fitness levels[emoji38]

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

“West Bromwich Albion are one of several Championship clubs interested in securing the services of Newcastle United youngster Elliot Anderson on a loan deal next season.”

Sounds  like a good idea…send him out to Bruce, to improve his tactical knowledge and increase his fitness levels[emoji38]

I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Bruce, he will ruin whatever ability he has and his career. Fuck that!

Guest HTT II

It won’t be a season long loan anyway, only a few months as they will get the majority of time off during the week. 

15 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

et-phone-home.gif

53 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

No just no, don’t want the three Steve’s anywhere near him.

The absolute fucking cheek of Bruce if he thinks we would ever entertain the idea of sending him a loan player, ANY loan player no matter arguably the best one we could send out. Ludicrous! 

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

The absolute fucking cheek of Bruce if he thinks we would ever entertain the idea of sending him a loan player, ANY loan player no matter arguably the best one we could send out. Ludicrous! 

Pay a loan fee and cover the wages, and I’d let him have Hendrick

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

It's not cheek, it's an attempt at revenge.

Just now, Manxst said:

Pay a loan fee and cover the wages, and I’d let him have Hendrick

I wouldn't, they can buy him for sure, wouldn't give a shit about that. But we need the funds for players like Hendrick. He's done well in the Championship these past 6 months, he's worth a few million, not a useless loan to help out cabbage head.

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I wouldn't, they can buy him for sure, wouldn't give a shit about that. But we need the funds for players like Hendrick. He's done well in the Championship these past 6 months, he's worth a few million, not a useless loan to help out cabbage head.

Can see your point, but to put it bluntly, we DONT need the funds for him. A million or two doesn’t really do anything for us at this point in our ownership. We DO however need him off the wage bill and squad list. 

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Can see your point, but to put it bluntly, we DONT need the funds for him. A million or two doesn’t really do anything for us at this point in our ownership. We DO however need him off the wage bill and squad list. 

The funds from players like Hendrick, Clark, Hayden, Fernandez and Gayle will all add up to a reasonable sum that will help us adhere to FFP. Just 3million on average for each of those players adds up to 15m and that's nothing to sniff at, because regardless of the billions our owners have we need income from player sales to help stay withing limitations over the next few years.

I understand that removing players from the wage bill and the squad is also important but of the 2 options I know which I'd pick and which one benefits the club more.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

The funds from players like Hendrick, Clark, Hayden, Fernandez and Gayle will all add up to a reasonable sum that will help us adhere to FFP. Just 3million on average for each of those players adds up to 15m and that's nothing to sniff at, because regardless of the billions our owners have we need income from player sales to help stay withing limitations over the next few years.

I understand that removing players from the wage bill and the squad is also important but of the 2 options I know which I'd pick and which one benefits the club more.

We’re more than capable of adhering to FFP at the current time, and even more so when new sponsorship deals are announced? Admittedly £15m isn’t to be sniffed at, but that would mean actually receiving those fees for those players, which I think would be easier said than done in some cases.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

We’re more than capable of adhering to FFP at the current time, and even more so when new sponsorship deals are announced? Admittedly £15m isn’t to be sniffed at, but that would mean actually receiving those fees for those players, which I think would be easier said than done in some cases.

I do agree that I don't think we will fall foul of FFP rules with this new ownership as it would require complete stupidity to do so. However I'm sure Everton thought the same thing and they are a whisker away from it. 

You are right there's definitely something to be said for whether any clubs will actually want to buy the players we want rid off and I think actually that may be one of the most difficult jobs this summer (clearing squad spaces for new signings). 

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

The man is shameless :lol:  

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

At the very best, with the exception of maybe Hayden, if those players would take a wage cut to get regular football we'd be lucky if someone would take them off our hands for free. 

Wouldn't surprise me if most of them would stay until their contracts expire, maybe accept to go out on loan. Nobody at the level they are suited for have the ability to pay what these players would want based on their current deals.