Graeme Jones

loki679

If after today it isn't clear to everyone that he isn't the issue then I don't know what is. I say this despite disagreeing with his starting line up today.

I'd be happy to see him stay here as he has experience working with top quality players in the highest level possible. 

We need a new manager and some Premier League quality players in and quick, as well as totally different game plan. Others have changed, we haven't.

Edited by Amir_9

Seriously, he’s a coach, clearly a good one.

T

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

If after today it isn't clear to everyone that he isn't the issue then I don't know what is. I say this despite disagreeing with his starting line up today.

I'd be happy to see him stay here as he has experience working with top quality players in the highest level possible. 

We need a new manager and some Premier League quality in and quick, as well as totally different game plan. Others have changed, we haven't.

That’s it. 

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Expand on that

The fact that he allows teams to basically have the ball (and space) for the entirety of a game without any pressing whatsoever. The fact that he selects players who are an obvious weakness to the team. The fact he holds off making substitutes causing confusion within the team. The fact that we currently have no threat whatsoever as an attacking force and the fact the last two games we could easily have conceded five in both despite attempting to set us up to be more solid. 

Just now, et tu brute said:

The fact that he allows teams to basically have the ball (and space) for the entirety of a game without any pressing whatsoever. The fact that he selects players who are an obvious weakness to the team. The fact he holds off making substitutes causing confusion within the team. The fact that we currently have no threat whatsoever as an attacking force and the fact the last two games we could easily have conceded five in both despite attempting to set us up to be more solid. 

You've just picked his faults as a manager, not a coach. He's not a manager. And if he stays at NUFC he won't be the only coach our new manager will bring in. 

He's had 2 games to try and cobble a team together. Even if he was here with Bruce he wasn't calling the shots so unfair to judge him based on that shit show.

He's probably not right to be manager because he is a coach and by looks of it a very respected one. He hasn't chosen to manage us, he has stepped in to help and I think people need patience. Frustrating as it is, this team isn't good enough, we knew that even with Bruce making things worse. A load of the players should have gone after promotion under Rafa and are playing a league above their level - Clark, Ritchie, Manquillo, Darlow, Shelvey, Hayden and Longstaff are possibly championship at best. He could have picked Schar or Fernandez but would that have changed that result when your midfield and full backs are shit?

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

You've just picked his faults as a manager, not a coach. He's not a manager. And if he stays at NUFC he won't be the only coach our new manager will bring in. 

Most of the things applied when he was the coach also, or have you forgot the previous 8 games. Do you not think he was coaching the team also the last two weeks or was Agnew promoted.

You could tell by his body language that Schar thought Bruce was beneath him. A proper manager will use him properly, completely drop any idea of shelvey and set up so Schar can launch the ball for the actual footballers to chase. His attitude is a problem but it’s a solvable problem and he has genuine quality, as well as being a decent defender. 

Just now, et tu brute said:

Most of the things applied when he was the coach also, or have you forgot the previous 8 games. Do you not think he was coaching the team also the last two weeks or was Agnew promoted.

Jones didn't pick the team or make the subs when he was a coach which is what you're levelling at him. 

Jones is not the problem at Newcastle. 

For the people sticking up for Jones, don't you think it's worrying that after all his time with us, he still thinks Clarke and Krafth should be playing ahead of Schar and Fernandez? Thinks it's a good idea to play Ritchie at LWB. Thinks Maximum can play well through the middle, thinks it's a good idea to bring Shelvey on etc.

We were blaming Bruce and not Jones for our tactics but since Bruce has gone, we are playing the same players with the same tactics, so it's obvious he had a lot more input than we believed under Bruce.

Are people seriously annoyed with our caretaker manager (who isn’t even a manager), who is managing a championship level team, who haven’t won a game all season and have zero confidence for not going all out at the European Champions:suicide:

How can you expect a midfield of Longstaff and Fraiser to press, when they can barely jog from one end to the other without bursting a lung. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886reotrcz7r9krl32puq

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Jones didn't pick the team or make the subs when he was a coach which is what you're levelling at him. 

Jones is not the problem at Newcastle. 

He’s a big part of it and if you and others can’t see that more fool you and them.

Taking  over after 2 years of Bruce demolition is one hell of a task for any manager.  Jones is doing what he feels is the best way. He has said that Willock had been played with pain killing injections so he's trying not push the lad. Ryan Fraser is a player he knows well and he feels he can do a job. Considering how much he's played it will take a few games to get up to speed. When Rafa was here he had to rely on Joselu so goals weren't going to come easy so Rafa stopped us from getting battered every week because he knew it could all come down to goal difference. I've no doubt that Jones sees things in a similar way.

Give the guy some credit, he's being professional and trying to drag us up out of the gutter and that will take time

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Are people seriously annoyed with our caretaker manager (who isn’t even a manager), who is managing a championship level team, who haven’t won a game all season and have zero confidence for not going all out at the European Champions:suicide:

How can you expect a midfield of Longstaff and Fraiser to press, when they can barely jog from one end to the other without bursting a lung. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886reotrcz7r9krl32puq

You don’t pick them for a start.

Guest reefatoon

For me as a coach he is just as culpable as the other coaches. Nothing has changed from the time before he arrived to now, well actually, we look even worse if that is possible. Really don’t see where the “he’s a good coach comes from” he seems just as run of the mill as all the others we have. We can only go off how crap, lost, clueless and unfit our players look, and we are up there with the worst we have ever looked. That has to come down to the coaching methods.

2 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Taking  over after 2 years of Bruce demolition is one hell of a task for any manager.  Jones is doing what he feels is the best way. He has said that Willock had been played with pain killing injections so he's trying not push the lad. Ryan Fraser is a player he knows well and he feels he can do a job. Considering how much he's played it will take a few games to get up to speed. When Rafa was here he had to rely on Joselu so goals weren't going to come easy so Rafa stopped us from getting battered every week because he knew it could all come down to goal difference. I've no doubt that Jones sees things in a similar way.

Give the guy some credit, he's being professional and trying to drag us up out of the gutter and that will take time

The fact that he rates Fraser is among the reasons why he will unlikely ever be a manager. I agree that the chat about Jones is getting a bit ott and that none of it is actually his fault but I don’t see why he’s picking the same 11 essentially that has lost every week under Bruce 

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

For me as a coach he is just as culpable as the other coaches. Nothing has changed from the time before he arrived to now, well actually, we look even worse if that is possible. Really don’t see where the “he’s a good coach comes from” he seems just as run of the mill as all the others we have. We can only go off how crap, lost, clueless and unfit our players look, and we are up there with the worst we have ever looked. That has to come down to the coaching methods.

I don't think the players lack of fitness is to levelled at Jones. It was Bruce who barely had them in training not Jones. Jones has swiftly put a stop to that. 

He's only in temp charge, he's a coach not a manager. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

I don't think the players lack of fitness is to levelled at Jones. It was Bruce who barely had them in training not Jones. Jones has swiftly put a stop to that. 

He's only in temp charge, he's a coach not a manager. 

Totally agree, not digging at him being a manager, it’s more for me he needs to go with the rest of the coaches when a new guy comes in. The new manager has to have his own team with him, not have someone else’s hanging around.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Totally agree, not digging at him being a manager, it’s more for me he needs to go with the rest of the coaches when a new guy comes in. The new manager has to have his own team with him, not have someone else’s hanging around.

Agreed, but that’s up to the manager. Maybe he decides to keep Jones around.