Graeme Jones

loki679

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Jones on Fernandez:

"I really like Feddy as a defender, but I didn’t see any value in putting him on the bench. If you’re winning, you’re not going to put him on, and if you’re losing, you’re not going to put him on. Feddy needs to start – or not. So it’s the same reason as I left him out of the 20 at Palace. It’s the same reason, as the boys did well.”

what fooking double speak Bruce inspired logic is this? 

:lol:

But Graeme, what if one or more of our centre halves get injured? 

Just now, NEEJ said:

:lol:

But Graeme, what if one or more of our centre halves get injured? 

He would probably turn round and say Schar was available. I would argue back though that nearly half of that team shouldn’t have been on the pitch in the first place.

31 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Jones on Fernandez:

"I really like Feddy as a defender, but I didn’t see any value in putting him on the bench. If you’re winning, you’re not going to put him on, and if you’re losing, you’re not going to put him on. Feddy needs to start – or not. So it’s the same reason as I left him out of the 20 at Palace. It’s the same reason, as the boys did well.”

This is the very statement right here why he should never ever be a manager 

Well if nothing else it finally puts to bed the nonsense of this bloke ever being a manager.

Completely out of his depth and let’s hope he has minimal input in any coaching set up going forward.

That team selection alone shows he neither has the nouse or bottle to ever be a manager.

Edited by Whitley mag

For me his selection mistakes yesterday were krafth, clark and ritchie. Should have had schar, fede and murphy  instead.

Got the tactics right. No other way to play at the moment whilst devoid of confidence.

5 minutes ago, buzza said:

For me his selection mistakes yesterday were krafth, clark and ritchie. Should have had schar, fede and murphy  instead.

Got the tactics right. No other way to play at the moment whilst devoid of confidence.

Fair points but a mindset that will never be broken if you don’t try?

The only way to play yesterday was defensive to try and stop Chelsea from scoring or scoring too many. For an hour we did just that and Chelsea barely had a shot at goal.

We are up against one of the best teams and manager in Europe. No manager will turn this around in the short term. We have a long grim road ahead

4 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

The only way to play yesterday was defensive to try and stop Chelsea from scoring or scoring too many. For an hour we did just that and Chelsea barely had a shot at goal.

We are up against one of the best teams and manager in Europe. No manager will turn this around in the short term. We have a long grim road ahead

In a nutshell

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Jones on Fernandez:

Wow, that’s fucking insane. Ramblings of a lunatic. Carver mark 2

1 minute ago, jackyboy said:

I think most people can accept that against Chelsea, its just that we set up that way against everybody.  CP last week and Brighton next week if a new manager doesn't come in.   If you dont shoot, you dont score.  And if you dont score you dont win matches.   Its that simple.   NUFC had 1 shot on target in the whole game and that came in the 80+ minute.   

Id much prefer we went toe to toe with them and lost 3-6 rather and 0-3, at least it meant we had a go.  At the rate we are going, one day the opposition will kick off and find we have all 11 players on the goal line for the whole game!  (joke but you get my point)

2 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I do get we’re you’re coming from and tbh I thought they looked reasonably organised defensively in the first half. 

Not too much to expect per se, but he was always going to try and set out for a draw, after that the next best result is to keep the goal difference respectable for the next manager. 

I actually don't think they are fit enough, that 2nd half they looked cabbaged

4 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

I think most people can accept that against Chelsea, its just that we set up that way against everybody.  CP last week and Brighton next week if a new manager doesn't come in.   If you dont shoot, you dont score.  And if you dont score you dont win matches.   Its that simple.   NUFC had 1 shot on target in the whole game and that came in the 80+ minute.   

Id much prefer we went toe to toe with them and lost 3-6 rather and 0-3, at least it meant we had a go.  At the rate we are going, one day the opposition will kick off and find we have all 11 players on the goal line for the whole game!  (joke but you get my point)

Like Brentford did only 3 weeks ago against a full strength Chelsea team in a very undeserved defeat. 

I hope whoever the new manager is that they play 11 players in their natural positions. I don't want to see Krafth at centre back, Ritchie at full-back, Fraser or Almiron at centre mid, Maxi up front or any of the other fucking stupid Bruce era square peg meets round hole jobbies.

Play two of Schar, Fede or Lascelles, get Lewis in for Ritchie, Willock in for Fraser and have Almiron, Wilson, Maxi as a proper front three with Wilson central.

We'd all have different opinions on team selection and tactics no matter who was in charge, though none of us see how the players train.

At least I was impressed with Jones' words in his press conference, and with him seemingly getting the players in for actual training. So I'm treating the last couple of games as a mini pre-season, where the results don't matter all that much, but basic fitness does. Especially when Chelsea was a bit of a free shot anyway.

There's nothing in his career so far that suggests he would be a good manager, true. But he was appointed as a coach, not a leading man, so I'm not going to be too critical of him for being asked to step in and try to repair some of Bruce's damage.

2 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I actually don't think they are fit enough, that 2nd half they looked cabbaged

Nowhere near, but then look at the amount of time they had off under Bruce

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Like Brentford did only 3 weeks ago against a full strength Chelsea team in a very undeserved defeat. 

This might surprise you but we’re waaaay below Brentford.

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Jones on Fernandez:

Weird stuff. 

I haven't watched nearly enough of us over the last two and a half years to comment with any real confidence, but I find it crackers that - from a baseline position of Lejeune, Schar, Fernández, Lascelles, Clark and Dummett - the only ones anywhere to be seen at CB are Lascelles, Clark, Hayden and Emil Krafth. 

Rafa left the squad in such good nick. Basically just needed a Bellamy/Robert-type window, and we'd have been away. Absolutely laughable scale of mismanagement since then for it to be in the state it's in. The likes of Schar must surely be wondering wtf they're doing here, even in spite of the PL wage. 

Just now, Pilko said:

I hope whoever the new manager is that they play 11 players in their natural positions. I don't want to see Krafth at centre back, Ritchie at full-back, Fraser or Almiron at centre mid, Maxi up front or any of the other fucking stupid Bruce era square peg meets round hole jobbies.

Play two of Schar, Fede or Lascelles, get Lewis in for Ritchie, Willock in for Fraser and have Almiron, Wilson, Maxi as a proper front three with Wilson central.

Aye, would help if they were comfy in their positions.

I would stick with the back five against the better teams and a 3-5-2- against the lesser ones.

Murphy and manquillo as wing backs. Fede and schar back in the middle (unless they are utter crap in training???)

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Abacus said:

We'd all have different opinions on team selection and tactics no matter who was in charge, though none of us see how the players train.

At least I was impressed with Jones' words in his press conference, and with him seemingly getting the players in for actual training. So I'm treating the last couple of games as a mini pre-season, where the results don't matter all that much, but basic fitness does. Especially when Chelsea was a bit of a free shot anyway.

There's nothing in his career so far that suggests he would be a good manager, true. But he was appointed as a coach, not a leading man, so I'm not going to be too critical of him for being asked to step in and try to repair some of Bruce's damage.

It’s not just Bruce’s damage though. He didn’t set up the training schedules and things like that, this is what he implements to his coaches to do. The whole team around Bruce are just as culpable as Bruce is. The sooner they are all binned for actual real quality coaches (who will be brought in when a quality manager is installed) the better.

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

Nowhere near, but then look at the amount of time they had off under Bruce

This might surprise you but we’re waaaay below Brentford.

Yes exactly we are, due to the manager and coaching staff not being fit for purpose. 

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

It’s not just Bruce’s damage though. He didn’t set up the training schedules and things like that, this is what he implements to his coaches to do. The whole team around Bruce are just as culpable as Bruce is. The sooner they are all binned for actual real quality coaches (who will be brought in when a quality manager is installed) the better.

Aaah right so it wasn’t Bruce’s lack of anything it was the coaches not coaching properly. Got it.