Graeme Jones

loki679

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

Agreed, but that’s up to the manager. Maybe he decides to keep Jones around.

Definitely, if the new man comes in and wants to keep any of them, then you have to trust in that. I wouldn’t be clamouring for any of them to stay mind, think a whole new change and direction is needed. 

Not read any of the recent posts.I’m on the train home as I type but, if Jones is such a good coach why did James, who was the man over, with 10 yards of space all of the 1st half manage to come out in the 2nd half and casually put 2 goals in?

Jones pulled Ritchie to the side after 20 minutes to have a word about it yet and James ran unchallenged for the  whole game.

If today showed one thing it was the importance of the coach and manager.  Chelsea were like a machine.

just getting in from the game.

post match comments from jones saying from we were "competetive" for 65minutes.

had to play this way due to the position we are in etc etc.

fucking bollocks.

absolutely cowardly set up today.

3 central defenders against a false 9 - they had no out and out striker playing - and the 3 centre backs werent even our best ones.

then there's ritchie at LWB - cant defend, and can no longer attack.

fraser???

longstaff???

what the point of just repeating the same tactics/team again and again despite it not working.

try something new.

only 2 mobile midfielders and they were both left on the bench.

what the fuck was that double substitution farce all about?

fannied it about trying to be clever - confused the players, confused the ref, infuriated the fans and contributed to their first goal (imho).

and when we did go 0-1 done - we just continued the same tactics.

take a defender off you idiot and lets at least try attacking. ok might get stuffed by 2 or 3 but what difference does that make?

jones is either thick or a coward or useless or all three,

Edited by huss9

1 hour ago, Noobold said:

Chelsea was never winnable, maybe he was keeping some players fit for later.

So why did he pick that same team against Palace?

And why sit back in our own box all match in both games, giving the position over 70% of the ball?

Why refuse to press at all?

His team was a shambles, but even if he'd gone with what we perceive to be full strength today, we'd still have been comfortably put away. Not only are Chelsea lightyears ahead of us in almost every conceivable way, but our lads will still be a couple of weeks away from full fitness.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

His team was a shambles, but even if he'd gone with what we perceive to be full strength today, we'd still have been comfortably put away. Not only are Chelsea lightyears ahead of us in almost every conceivable way, but our lads will still be a couple of weeks away from full fitness.

Sure, but that doesn’t change the assessment of what we did.

The outcome might be almost certain, but it’s the input we can judge. The input was nothing at all. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sure, but that doesn’t change the assessment of what we did.

The outcome might be almost certain, but it’s the input we can judge. The input was nothing at all. 

That's fair enough. He certainly hasn't bought the consortium any time. 

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

fuck me just seen his .cock interview.

spouting the same shite as bruce - playing defensively is so ingrained in this team and wont change overnight.

ffs, whats the point of coaches?

I'm so fucking tired of hearing that shit, so many managers come into clubs and change their playstyle 'overnight'

43 minutes ago, Numbers said:

I'm so fucking tired of hearing that shit, so many managers come into clubs and change their playstyle 'overnight'

While I've witnessed years of players being Pardewed or Bruced, players bought and sold have integrated in to totally different systems almost immediately at many clubs. Of course there's players coming from totally different leagues that have needed time to adapt, but that's different. Our players are definitely capable of playing different formations and systems have done so for years of their careers. We could easily look to something different in terms of shape and intent. I refuse to believe these group of players are only capable of holding on to the ball for ~30% of each game. Brighton doesn't feel on paper that it has a squad as good as ours, but they aren't afraid to play with patience and work for a chance. Liverpool smashed Man Utd 5 nil away and Brighton managed to find a way back from 2 goals down against them today. Did anyone ever expect us to rally back against Chelsea? I mean a point would have been a good outcome, but the moment we conceded you know the way in which we operate is basically to hold out or cave in.

Guest reefatoon
59 minutes ago, huss9 said:

fuck me just seen his .cock interview.

spouting the same shite as bruce - playing defensively is so ingrained in this team and wont change overnight.

ffs, whats the point of coaches?

It won’t change if you keep implementing it. Daft arse that he is.

10 hours ago, reefatoon said:

For me as a coach he is just as culpable as the other coaches. Nothing has changed from the time before he arrived to now, well actually, we look even worse if that is possible. Really don’t see where the “he’s a good coach comes from” he seems just as run of the mill as all the others we have. We can only go off how crap, lost, clueless and unfit our players look, and we are up there with the worst we have ever looked. That has to come down to the coaching methods.

You do realise that the manager has people around him but makes the final decision. The players look clueless and unfit because of one person and one person only and we all knew it was going to happen.

11 hours ago, PeepShow4life said:

For the people sticking up for Jones, don't you think it's worrying that after all his time with us, he still thinks Clarke and Krafth should be playing ahead of Schar and Fernandez? Thinks it's a good idea to play Ritchie at LWB. Thinks Maximum can play well through the middle, thinks it's a good idea to bring Shelvey on etc.

We were blaming Bruce and not Jones for our tactics but since Bruce has gone, we are playing the same players with the same tactics, so it's obvious he had a lot more input than we believed under Bruce.

If you watched that and thought those tactics were the same under Bruce then you’re insane

10 hours ago, huss9 said:

just getting in from the game.

post match comments from jones saying from we were "competetive" for 65minutes.

had to play this way due to the position we are in etc etc.

fucking bollocks.

absolutely cowardly set up today.

3 central defenders against a false 9 - they had no out and out striker playing - and the 3 centre backs werent even our best ones.

then there's ritchie at LWB - cant defend, and can no longer attack.

fraser???

longstaff???

what the point of just repeating the same tactics/team again and again despite it not working.

try something new.

only 2 mobile midfielders and they were both left on the bench.

what the fuck was that double substitution farce all about?

fannied it about trying to be clever - confused the players, confused the ref, infuriated the fans and contributed to their first goal (imho).

and when we did go 0-1 done - we just continued the same tactics.

take a defender off you idiot and lets at least try attacking. ok might get stuffed by 2 or 3 but what difference does that make?

jones is either thick or a coward or useless or all three,

A coward, christ almighty. 

9 hours ago, Chris_R said:

So why did he pick that same team against Palace?

And why sit back in our own box all match in both games, giving the position over 70% of the ball?

Why refuse to press at all?

If we’d have pressed a lot further up the pitch the score would’ve been double figures.

5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I mean what were you expecting really?

I was expecting a defeat but to at least put up a fight , be organised and to look a team …..I got nothing mate , I was expecting for us to give it a go .

too much to expect?

Guest reefatoon
3 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You do realise that the manager has people around him but makes the final decision. The players look clueless and unfit because of one person and one person only and we all knew it was going to happen.

If you watched that and thought those tactics were the same under Bruce then you’re insane

Dont agree. He had a team of morons around him who are equally as shite and to blame. Bruce was hardly on the training field through the week and left it all to the Steve’s to do. They all failed miserably and the players look shot, unmotivated, unfit and clueless. That is also down to the training regime. If you think that was all down to just Bruce then you are mistaken. We then brought Jones in to try and make a change/difference. Hasn’t happened though as the players still look just as shot, unmotivated, unfit and clueless. A full change is needed.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

I was expecting a defeat but to at least put up a fight , be organised and to look a team …..I got nothing mate , I was expecting for us to give it a go .

too much to expect?

I do get we’re you’re coming from and tbh I thought they looked reasonably organised defensively in the first half. 

Not too much to expect per se, but he was always going to try and set out for a draw, after that the next best result is to keep the goal difference respectable for the next manager. 

3 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Please explain how the tactics were different?

Same players, same formation, ultra defensive, no attacking outlet, hoof ball and to top it off brings on Shelvey just like Bruce did against Spurs.

It's amazing how all of our relegation rivals every year seem to pick up the odd win against the top teams but we just seem to expect and accept defeat. 

7 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I do get we’re you’re coming from and tbh I thought they looked reasonably organised defensively in the first half. 

Not too much to expect per se, but he was always going to try and set out for a draw, after that the next best result is to keep the goal difference respectable for the next manager. 

Think it was the little things that were irritating me , 

Constant humping the ball from Darlow to no one .

No tackling from midfielders 

No out ball

Longstaff inability to tackle

Ritchie turning his back on everything 

Defenders unwilling to come short

No press

Willing to let them come to within  25 yards before confronting them 

just little things 

Edited by GWN

Jones on Fernandez:

"I really like Feddy as a defender, but I didn’t see any value in putting him on the bench. If you’re winning, you’re not going to put him on, and if you’re losing, you’re not going to put him on. Feddy needs to start – or not. So it’s the same reason as I left him out of the 20 at Palace. It’s the same reason, as the boys did well.”

what fooking double speak Bruce inspired logic is this?