--Henry----------Cantona--------------giggs

----------------SHEARER---------------

2.12.15MIB.png?w=665&ssl=15

-----------------------schmeichel--------------------------

cole---------kompany----------van dyke------robertson

--------------kante--------Keane-------------------

Robertson? Robertson? Really? ROBERTSON?

Not such a bad call. The only problem is it shifts Cole out to the right.

I found right back the most difficult position to fill. There wasn't an outstanding candidate. I was even tempted to pick Alexander-Arnold, but there are still too many questions about his defending. If Robertson was a right back, I think I'd have picked him there.

I don't think you can put someone who played 2 and a half seasons in England in the greatest ever PL team.

Yorke was just as good a signing as Stam and always gets forgotten about. He got about 30 goals the year we won the treble and was our top scorer in Europe.

I’m not sure, like (agree on Yorke by the way, he was quality). The likes of Ferdinand & Ginola for example are rightly NUFC legends and they were here 2 years. I think if someone’s quality particularly as good as Stam was, he should be in these discussions all day long. Did Stam ever have a top class partner? He had some very good/decent ones (Johnsen, Berg, May, Silvestre...) but unless I’m forgetting someone blindingly obvious he was the one who took the back four to a higher level?

Not such a bad call. The only problem is it shifts Cole out to the right.

I found right back the most difficult position to fill. There wasn't an outstanding candidate. I was even tempted to pick Alexander-Arnold, but there are still too many questions about his defending. If Robertson was a right back, I think I'd have picked him there.

Along the lines of above tbh... cant think of any other outstanding full backs. Really think he is a great modern full back, great engine, pace and attacks and defends at a very high level. Better than alexander arnold tbh, although his free kicks/flair stuff get him more air time

Robertson gets done far too easily. He's a lot weaker defensively than people seem to think. Wan Bissaka mugged him off multiple times when we played them and he gets cold sweats going into the oppositions half.

Robertson isn't even close to being considered. He's not a patch on Cole, Evra or Irwin.

Didn’t get the King hype. He was very good but I think there was a 20% ‘London club’ upgrade to his reputation. Might be partly due to the fact he always seemed to play shit against us. Rated Woodgate at Leeds higher even before the move.

Yeah I think Cole is the best left back I've seen with Evra 2nd. Don't really remember Irwin.

Irwin was the ultimate Mr Consistent.

Never had a bad game, never had an exceptional game, hardly ever injured.

Didn’t get the King hype. He was very good but I think there was a 20% ‘London club’ upgrade to his reputation. Might be partly due to the fact he always seemed to play s*** against us. Rated Woodgate at Leeds higher even before the move.

Quality and quantity of England centrebacks in early 2000s up to 2004 probably was incredible looking back.

Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry, Keown, Woodgate, King, Brown, Carragher, Southgate

Didn’t get the King hype. He was very good but I think there was a 20% ‘London club’ upgrade to his reputation. Might be partly due to the fact he always seemed to play shit against us. Rated Woodgate at Leeds higher even before the move.

Without the knee issues I genuinely think he might have been one of the best centre-backs we have ever seen. I still rate him above Sol Campbell. I agree that there is a tendency to rate Ledley higher than his performances merited because people make allowances for his injuries, but he was still routinely brilliant.

KDB?

Not yet IMO

Been in the Premier League a bit longer than Ronaldo, although played marginally fewer games.

It's more the competition for places. There wasn't many great right wingers in the league, but there have been some incredible central midfielders.

Ronaldo also benefits from being the second best player in the world for the x years after him leaving the league which no doubt unconsciously clouds the mind, I know it does for me.

It's probably easier to make an argument for Beckham or just having it 4-3-3/4-3-1-2.

Wildcard shout could be Milner.

No love for Drog? The ultimate big game player

There's a strong case for Drogba, but if there's going to be a centre forward type, we're going to pick Shearer. Hard to choose between the two though.

I picked Suarez to spearhead the attack. A toe-rag he may have been, but I found it impossible to leave him out.