Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Howaythetoon

By my reckoning we'll need about 44 points this season, so it is still a close call, too close for me. As good a win as it was I still can't see us picking up too many more wins. After today I have us picking up another 18 points.

By my reckoning we'll need about 44 points this season, so it is still a close call, too close for me. As good a win as it was I still can't see us picking up too many more wins. After today I have us picking up another 18 points.

I don't agree, we picked up 15 points in our last 11 games and our next 11 are potentially easier.  By potentially easier I mean they're easier according to this seasons form guide (the premiership itself) but nobody can really predict how easy each game will be.  Still its a good indicator.  So I can't see us only getting only 18 points from our next 21 games.

I'm still lingering around 6/7. We've got a horrendous manager and these wins will come around now and again, if this season is anything to go by. I'll maintain the opinion that if we do stay up, it'll be thanks to the quality players we've got.

I'm still lingering around 6/7. We've got a horrendous manager and these wins will come around now and again, if this season is anything to go by. I'll maintain the opinion that if we do stay up, it'll be thanks to the quality players we've got.

Emo.

Indie. :smug:

This horrendous manager who's taken points from 9 of his 11 games? He's made mistakes but considering the state we were in when he arrived I'd say he's done ok actually. 2 losses from 11. I'd have settled for that 3 months ago.

If we do well in the transfer window, I have no worries. Assuming our new signings are improvements (which I know is a BIG assumption), this team will not get relegated:

---------------------Given

Beye-----Coloccini-------Bassong-------Enrique

New RM------New CM----Guthrie/Barton----Jonas

-----------------Owen-------Martins

Subs: Harper, Taylor, Geremi, Guthrie/Barton, Viduka, Zogs, Ranger!!!!

This horrendous manager who's taken points from 9 of his 11 games? He's made mistakes but considering the state we were in when he arrived I'd say he's done ok actually. 2 losses from 11. I'd have settled for that 3 months ago.

2 losses from 11 doesn't excuse some of the woeful decisions that have led to us dropping a lot of attainable points. You can swing it the other way aswell, and say 3 wins in 11. And that is far from good enough for me, given the teams we've played and the players we've got. Just my opinion like.

2 losses from 11 doesn't excuse some of the woeful decisions that have led to us dropping a lot of attainable points. You can swing it the other way aswell, and say 3 wins in 11. And that is far from good enough for me, given the teams we've played and the players we've got. Just my opinion like.

Fair enough.

We've dropped points I'd have expected us to win and we've also won points I'd not have expected. As I say, in comparison to freefall - I'd settle for what he's done so far.

Each to their own though. :) 

A big worry could be how Kinnear reacts to the pressure of the business end of a relegation battle. Given his displays in front of the tv cameras so far and the things he has come out with, I fear that he may say too many things that send too many negative vibes around the dressing room.

Similar to KK's outburst in 96 which I think ultimately sent the wrong signals through the dressing room, I fear JK may do something similar in the heat of the battle.

Fair enough.

We've dropped points I'd have expected us to win and we've also won points I'd not have expected. As I say, in comparison to freefall - I'd settle for what he's done so far.

I won't be surprised if we're in the relegation zone come the turn of the New Year. If we're four or five points clear of it, then i'll give him credit because i'd regard that as reasonably acceptable given the situation of the club. Nothing will convince me, however, that he is anything but a very poor manager. We're fortunate to have what is, imo, a quality collection of players.

Fair enough.

I won't be surprised if we're in the relegation zone come the turn of the New Year. If we're four or five points clear of it, then i'll give him credit because i'd regard that as reasonably acceptable given the situation of the club. Nothing will convince me, however, that he is anything but a very poor manager. We're fortunate to have what is, imo, a quality collection of players.

:lol:

Merry Christmas Yorkie.  :thup:

Kinnear isn't great but he's not horrendous either IMO.  He's better then the likes of Roeder, Souness or Allardyce for instance.  Like I've said before at least he picks good sides and can get them playing.  He also drops players if they're under performing and keeps players in who perform well, more then you can say for quite a few of our past managers.

Kinear's a better manager then Roeder, Souness or Allardyce.  He's not that good but he's nothing close to horrendous IMO.  Like I've said before he picks good sides, he drops players if they're under performing and he keeps players in who perform well, more then you can say for quite a few of our past managers.

possibly, but i still blame him entirely for last week.

Kinear's a better manager then Roeder, Souness or Allardyce.  He's not that good but he's nothing close to horrendous IMO.  Like I've said before he picks good sides, he drops players if they're under performing and he keeps players in who perform well, more then you can say for quite a few of our past managers.

I was pleased Shola got the nod to come on ahead of Viduka as sub. That showed a bit of character from the manager and it worked out well.

As to the thread, I voted 3 at the time and it's still looking good.

Absolutely, his substitutions are the real problem I see with him, the changes he made last week were truly awful.  Hopefully he can improve on that, nothing to complain about this week, but that could be a blip.

Guest tommykay

Absolutely, his substitutions are the real problem I see with him, the changes he made last week were truly awful.

To be fair he only had one center midfielder available when Guthrie got injured.

Absolutely, his substitutions are the real problem I see with him, the changes he made last week were truly awful.  Hopefully he can improve on that, nothing to complain about this week, but that could be a blip.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4645197,00.html

..we got our substitutes right..

Seems a strange thing to say, hopefully he's learnt from the Stoke game. :nods:

Absolutely, his substitutions are the real problem I see with him, the changes he made last week were truly awful.

To be fair he only had one center midfielder available when Guthrie got injured.

but there was no need to move so many players about.....colo to centre mid and taylor to centre half would have kept our shape that had pissed on them first half.

but there was no need to move so many players about.....colo to centre mid and taylor to centre half would have kept our shape that had pissed on them first half.

Big time. They looked like they'd never met each other before in the second half, after outclassing them first half, shocking turnaround.