Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I can't belive people's reaction's to a draw against Stoke after a 2-0 lead, yes we shouldn't have thrown it away but for christ's sake we ended the game with a no central midfielders.  We were excellent in the 1st half just because we had a poor second half with a Blue Peter central midfield doesn't mean we are going down if we'd had Barton and butt we would have probably won.

I can't belive people's reaction's to a draw against Stoke after a 2-0 lead, yes we shouldn't have thrown it away but for christ's sake we ended the game with a no central midfielders.  We were excellent in the 1st half just because we had a poor second half with a Blue Peter central midfield doesn't mean we are going down if we'd had Barton and butt we would have probably won.

Yes but with alarming regularity we sit back and allow the other team to come at us.  This has happended a number of times this season and we conceded goals.

If we are playing well, passing, moving and creating chances why not continue that instead of holding what you have for 45 mins. Its asking for trouble.

As for the midfield.

We could have played Geremi, Zog and Jonas there then had Martins, Owen and Viduka as a front 3.

Or had Martins and Viduka up front with Owen playing deeper to help the midfield 3 but also assisting the front two. 

My advice to Kinnear would be never take Martins off if he isnt injured.

He is our threat/ outlet.

Due to the manager's incompetence, a manager who's in charge for the rest of the season. It wasn't some freak accident that you ended up with a lack of central midfielders.

Yes but with alarming regularity we sit back and allow the other team to come at us.  This has happended a number of times this season and we conceded goals.

If we are playing well, passing, moving and creating chances why not continue that instead of holding what you have for 45 mins. Its asking for trouble.

As for the midfield.

We could have played Geremi, Zog and Jonas there then had Martins, Owen and Viduka as a front 3.

Or had Martins and Viduka up front with Owen playing deeper to help the midfield 3 but also assisting the front two. 

I'm not defending Kinnear but Geremi's legs go after 45 mins. Yes he could have arranged it better etc but, he'll learn about his squad by doing this and hopefully in future he'll not make these decisions,  I'm just saying if we play like we did in the 1st 45 we'll be fine this season, especially when Barton et al are back.

Due to the manager's incompetence, a manager who's in charge for the rest of the season. It wasn't some freak accident that you ended up with a lack of central midfielders.

Exactly!

As for the midfield.

I'm not defending Kinnear but Geremi's legs go after 45 mins. Yes he could have arranged it better etc but, he'll learn about his squad by doing this and hopefully in future he'll not make these decisions,  I'm just saying if we play like we did in the 1st 45 we'll be fine this season, especially when Barton et al are back.

Aye, but we dropped 2 pts at home which we shouldn't have done.  He still hasn't learnt that we dont have the players to sit back and allow the other teams to keep coming at us.

We have to go out and take the game to other teams home and away, with the exception of the top four.

Another problem for us it that Duff and Butt will probably walk straight back into the side after the result on Saturday despite the fact that we probably played our best 45 minutes of football this season in the first half without them.  That pisses me off more than dropping the 2 points because I think we'll drop more over the rest of the season than we would have if we'd kept the same 11 and won this game.

I hope I've got Kinnear worked out wrong.

Another problem for us it that Duff and Butt will probably walk straight back into the side after the result on Saturday despite the fact that we probably played our best 45 minutes of football this season in the first half without them.  That pisses me off more than dropping the 2 points because I think we'll drop more over the rest of the season than we would have if we'd kept the same 11 and won this game.

I hope I've got Kinnear worked out wrong.

Zog has to stay in the side and I like Geremi and Guthrie together, but Geremi will never last 45 mins in cm.  It's got to be Barton and Guthrie but then we miss Geremi's crossing, it's strange one, what we really need is a central midfielder who along the lines of Carrick who can dictate play to be alongside Barton. 

I'm not concerned that we are going down at the moment, despite us not winning for ages we are still outside the relegation zone and we have a far better squad than those who will go down.

this forum is so kneejerky imo.  Had we got 3 points on Sat, many on here would be pointing out how we were only a few points off mid-table.

We didn't get those 3 points, so now all the talk goes to relegation.

nah, I dont think so.  I would still be feeling on edge even if we got the three points.

this forum is so kneejerky imo.  Had we got 3 points on Sat, many on here would be pointing out how we were only a few points off mid-table.

a home game against stoke is a good measure of our situation, the fact we couldnt win it . makes relegation more likely.

Yeah, it's strange because alot of people complain about the kneejerk reactions of the media then say pretty much the same thing themselves.  I remember seeing some journalist on the tv after we drew against Boro and said we were getting restless because Kinnear has had a terrible start to managing us and only recorded 2 wins and when Keegan left we were safely midtable. 

Do they know anything? When JK took over, Hughton had led us to some wonderful defeats which the journo indirectly accredited to JK.  For christs sake we've lost what? Twice under him.  At least we are solid now when we are away and we'll start winning at home, once players are fit and JK starts to understand the squad better so he doesn't make these ridiculous changes. 

nah, I dont think so.  I would still be feeling on edge even if we got the three points.

I don't disagree, I think we would, just saying that some on here would jump to that assumption.

a home game against stoke is a good measure of our situation, the fact we couldnt win it . makes relegation more likely.

Derby at home last season?  Worst team in PL history and we didn't go down.

You can't make assumptions based on that one fact.

Imo, using a game as a measure of the situation is hardly making a conclusive assumption about everything.

i am basing it on a number of factors.

main ones being, the club is a shambles, players lack confidence, manager is clueless, squad is weak,inability to win,....

main ones being, the club is a shambles, players lack confidence, manager is clueless, squad is weak,inability to win,....

You're talking absolute shite mate.  yes we are in a bit of a mess but for gods sake if we'd had Barton and Butt together we would have won.  We were great in the first half and had a crap second half due to the lack of cm's, this was made worse by kinnear by making some odd decisions but he could have done anything and it probably wouldn't have worked simply because he didn't have the players on the bench.  Football is a strange game, today we are fighting relegation 3 games time we could be 10th 6 points clear of the drop zone.

You're talking absolute s**** mate.  yes we are in a bit of a mess but for gods sake if we'd had Barton and Butt together we would have won.  We were great in the first half and had a crap second half due to the lack of cm's, this was made worse by kinnear by making some odd decisions but he could have done anything and it probably wouldn't have worked simply because he didn't have the players on the bench.  Football is a strange game, today we are fighting relegation 3 games time we could be 10th 6 points clear of the drop zone.

And Everton could finish 4th but we're not going to.

The Newcaste supporters I know in person are on the whole very canny guys with sensible opinions, but a lot of them still don't realise how perilous the situation is, taking an "oh, itll get better magically" attitude.

again same as last season. The GG has a point, had we been able to swap Guthrie for another centre mid, it wouldn't have gone as pear-shaped in the 2nd half.  Kinnear was too inept to realise Colo could go centre mid, but when Barton and Butt are fit, it shouldn't happen again.

You're talking absolute shite mate.  yes we are in a bit of a mess but for gods sake if we'd had Barton and Butt together we would have won.  We were great in the first half and had a crap second half due to the lack of cm's, this was made worse by kinnear by making some odd decisions but he could have done anything and it probably wouldn't have worked simply because he didn't have the players on the bench.  Football is a strange game, today we are fighting relegation 3 games time we could be 10th 6 points clear of the drop zone.

and you say im talking shit,.....heres the toilet roll, clean your mouth up.

so if people rekon im talking shit, they must think the inability to beat stoke at home makes relegation LESS likely,......lol,..ffs.